Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roethlisberger to do interviews for local TV

Backup

User Info Menu

Roethlisberger to do interviews for local TV

Roethlisberger to do interviews for local TV
    Wednesday, June 09, 2010
    Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger will give two separate one-on-one, sitdown interviews today that will be broadcast on Thursday by Pittsburgh television stations KDKA and WTAE.

A third local station, WPXI, has not been granted an interview by Roethlisberger.

Roethlisberger, consulting with the Steelers and also an outside public relations firm, will conduct the interviews this afternoon at Steelers headquarters.

Sports anchor Bob Pompeani of KDKA and newswoman Sally Wiggin of WTAE will conduct the separate interviews.

Roethlisberger has answered only two questions publicly since March 5, when he came under investigation for sexual assault in Georgia. Although investigators in that state declined to charge him with a crime, he was suspended for the first 4-6 games of the NFL season by commissioner Roger Goodell.

The quarterback went through behavioral evaluation and rejoined his teammates June 1. He made a statement after practice last Thursday and then answered two questions from a gaggle of reporters.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Roethlisberger to do interviews for local TV

Did WPXI's decision to air audio and video they obtained from the GBI investigation result in him shunning them in favor of the other two local network affiliates?

What do you think about Bob Pompeani wearing a Larry King mask and Sally Wiggin wearing an Oprah mask for those interviews?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Maybe WPXI can interview his accuser. or McNutty?

Legend

User Info Menu

Does anyone really still care about this? What will it change? It's over!!!
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Does anyone really still care about this? What will it change? It's over!!!
    Outside of Steeler haters no. I'm ready for the season to start and move on to another SB victory.
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I cant wait for the cool crisp autumn air, and the smell of nachos and wings in the air. I cant wait for the best time of the year, the time when hockey starts, football is in it is mid season race, christmas is right around the corner and all is good. Oh yea, I can't wait when the Steelers are 6-1 towards the start of november with Mendy tearing it up and polamalu and smith showing their importance to the defense....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JTP53609
    I cant wait for the cool crisp autumn air, and the smell of nachos and wings in the air. I cant wait for the best time of the year, the time when hockey starts, football is in it is mid season race, christmas is right around the corner and all is good. Oh yea, I can't wait when the Steelers are 6-1 towards the start of november with Mendy tearing it up and polamalu and smith showing their importance to the defense....
    I fell asleep last night in the middle of OT in the Chicago vs Philly game. When I woke up, I heard the announcers talking about the next game on NBC will be Jan 1 @ Heinz Field. That got me excited, until I realized that means Benedict Hossa finally won. My dog looked at me like she understood what I was thinking. I told her F Hossa and went back to sleep.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    I fell asleep last night in the middle of OT in the Chicago vs Philly game. When I woke up, I heard the announcers talking about the next game on NBC will be Jan 1 @ Heinz Field. That got me excited, until I realized that means Benedict Hossa finally won. My dog looked at me like she understood what I was thinking. I told her F Hossa and went back to sleep.
    Yeah, Benedict Hossa's name will be on the cup (someone should convince the keepers of the Cup that Marian is really spelled B-E-N-E-D-I-C-T so it is engraved that way for all posterity). It sucks, but not as bad if Scott Hartnell as all those Flyer scumbags got their names on the cup. I hate Hossa, but I hate the Flyers more.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    Yeah, Benedict Hossa's name will be on the cup (someone should convince the keepers of the Cup that Marian is really spelled B-E-N-E-D-I-C-T so it is engraved that way for all posterity). It sucks, but not as bad if Scott Hartnell as all those Flyer scumbags got their names on the cup. I hate Hossa, but I hate the Flyers more.
    When we win it next year, maybe one of the Pens can scratch his name out.

Legend

User Info Menu

Roethlisberger apologizes in interview
    Associated Press
    Updated: June 10, 2010, 5:32 PM ET

PITTSBURGH -- A contrite Ben Roethlisberger says he got caught up in being a caricature called Big Ben, not the grounded player and person he once was, leading to his off-field problems -- and affecting his play as the Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback.

In his first detailed interviews since a Georgia college student accused him of sexually assaulting her in a nightclub bathroom on March 5, Roethlisberger told Pittsburgh TV stations KDKA and WTAE that he expects to be booed this season.

He also apologized extensively for his actions and promised to become the role model he should have been throughout his career.

"I got caught up being Big Ben the whole time. I lost track of who Ben Roethlisberger was. It's not something I'm proud of," he told WTAE. "I've made mistakes, I know I have."

For the first time, Roethlisberger said that living a role rather than living a life may have affected him on the field, too. The Steelers went 9-7 and missed the playoffs last season, one season after winning the Super Bowl.

"I've wanted to apologize to them [fans] for so many things. For being immature, for being dumb, for being young, for not knowing any better," he told WTAE. "For getting caught up in everything that was thrown my way. ... In my heart, I know I haven't been the best person, the best quarterback for the Steelers, I'm not talking just on the field, I'm talking off the field."

Roethlisberger is especially sorry that his behavior hurt and saddened his parents, sister and other family members. His sister, Carlee, was a member of Oklahoma's women's basketball Final Four team, yet she told reporters he did not attend one of her games last season.

Because lawyers did not permit the questions to be asked, the two-time Super Bowl winner gave no details about the Milledgeville, Ga., nightclub incident that resulted in his six-game suspension by the NFL. But he said his family members know what happened. His father and mother now live in Pittsburgh, moving from Findlay, Ohio, where Roethlisberger grew up.

"They knew the story, they know what happened but you still hear things in the media, see things, and that's been one of the hardest parts for them -- to read these things about their son or grandson or nephew," Roethlisberger said.

Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
    [url]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5273150[/url]