Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: At the Risk of Sounding Stupid...

At the Risk of Sounding Stupid...

If Roethlisberger is prohibited from going to the team facilities during his suspension, what's stopping his teammates and coaches from visiting him?

If I was Arians I would be camped out at Big Ben's palace going over film 24-7. If I was Hines Ward, Mike Wallace ARE, or any of the other skill players, I'd be running routes with him in the back yard on a regular basis. Hell, why not hold Wednesday practice at his place each week?

Can the NFL prohibit such contact?

Should we avoid poking goodell with such a large stick, knowing that the suspension could be extended to 8 games?

"I hate him. Everybody says I'm supposed to be polite when I talk to you all, but I hate him..." "He talks too much, he doesn't make sense, he's fat, he's sloppy, he acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's ugly, he stinks, his mouth stinks, his breath stinks, and basically his soul stinks, too.

"Not too many people have personalities like that and survive in life. I don't know how he does it."

-Kris Jenkins on Warren Sapp

Starter

Re: At the Risk of Sounding Stupid...

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel
    If Roethlisberger is prohibited from going to the team facilities during his suspension, what's stopping his teammates and coaches from visiting him?

If I was Arians I would be camped out at Big Ben's palace going over film 24-7. If I was Hines Ward, Mike Wallace ARE, or any of the other skill players, I'd be running routes with him in the back yard on a regular basis. Hell, why not hold Wednesday practice at his place each week?

Should we avoid poking goodell with such a large stick, knowing that the suspension could be extended to 8 games?
    You make some very good points. I don't think its dumb. I dunno personally if they can PROHIBIT it, but I'd be running the program just like you said it. makes sense to me.
    Black N' Gold Til' I'm Dead N' Cold...
    http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4...4060670100.jpg
    http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/107...lertowngal.jpg
    We don't have any cheerleaders but we do have a few of these \m/...

God you sound stupid...just kidding, just kidding

Pro Bowler

does not sound stupid to me, I actually asked the same question about a few weeks ago..

Post subject: question regarding suspension Posted: Wed May 26, 2010 10:01 am

When ben can no longer practice with the team during those 4 weeks to start the season or even now for that matter, I know he cant be at the facilities or even in the steeler weight room,...but could he and mike wallace meet at a high school that is 50 miles outside the city and work on deep balls and routes, it would not be a team practice, but it would be two friends throwing the football around ....

Hall of Famer

If it is not organized or sancitoned by the team, I doubt they could do anything about it. However, if anyone found out, you can be sure he'd be suspended for 6 instead of 4 (out of Goodell's spite).
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel

If they are with Ben they aren't with the QB who will actually be preparing to play the next game. The focus will be on preparing the players who are there and have to play the following Sunday.

With technology the way it is I hope that they tie Ben into the QB meetings via video teleconference to keep him up to speed. Remember, he just can't be at the facilities as I understand the ridiculous edict. I have no idea why he has to be exiled versus just not being able to play games. Goodell is an idiot and I'm waiting to see him apply the same harshness to the next offense.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Pro Bowler

I get and see everyone's point but my thought on this is that the players need to be at the Steelers facility getting ready for the next game with the Quarterback they have. We can't afford to go 0-4 so I would guess that even if this were not prohibited, the Steelers organizations would want all the members of the team getting ready to play say Cleveland as opposed to trying to get some reps in with Ben.

As for the team meetings and that sort of thing, I see no reason why Ben couldn't be video conference'd in though.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...asian07/RJ.jpg[/quote]

go to http://www.thebreastcancersite.com to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Huge thanks to AA for all the help with the signature.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

If Ben does all the right things, and his suspension gets reduced to 4 games, then he will have a 2 week window to prepare for his first game against Cleveland, because we have a week 5 bye. After participating in all of training camp and playing in all of the preseason games, I think 2 weeks worth of practice will be sufficient to get himself up to speed.

Hall of Famer

technically they could do this. they could even hold little workouts at a local high school football field if they wanted to. They won't do it, but they could if they wanted to. I would guess that the reason for this is that before and after practice the players are at their own position meetings, working out or getting some kind of treatment. I'm sure he receives film and has a coach that goes and sits with him and studies it with him.
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

Earn Some Bitcoins

PBMining

http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    If Ben does all the right things, and his suspension gets reduced to 4 games, then he will have a 2 week window to prepare for his first game against Cleveland, because we have a week 5 bye. After participating in all of training camp and playing in all of the preseason games, I think 2 weeks worth of practice will be sufficient to get himself up to speed.
    I agree. Just need to handle this like Ben is hurt.

I think we likely see Ben and Lefty splitting the bulk of the snaps in the first half of training camp and then Lefty and Dixon in the second half.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!