Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben may appear on Oprah or Larry KIng

Ben may appear on Oprah or Larry KIng

Ben Roethlisberger is considering sitting for an interview with a national TV talk host such as Oprah Winfrey or Larry King, NFL.com reported.

Roethlisberger spoke on Thursday for the first time since returning to Pittsburgh Steelers practices this week. He said he was "looking forward to this second chance" after commissioner Roger Goodell suspended him for violating the league's personal-conduct act.

NFL.com reported that no final agreements have been booked with a national TV show. But such an approach would be similar to the re-integration to the NFL that Michael Vick went through when he returned to the league in 2009 from a 20-month prison term. Vick appeared on 60 Minutes.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... rry-king/1

Starter

Re: Ben may appear on Oprah or Larry KIng

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy
    Ben Roethlisberger is considering sitting for an interview with a national TV talk host such as Oprah Winfrey or Larry King, NFL.com reported.

Roethlisberger spoke on Thursday for the first time since returning to Pittsburgh Steelers practices this week. He said he was "looking forward to this second chance" after commissioner Roger Goodell suspended him for violating the league's personal-conduct act.

NFL.com reported that no final agreements have been booked with a national TV show. But such an approach would be similar to the re-integration to the NFL that Michael Vick went through when he returned to the league in 2009 from a 20-month prison term. Vick appeared on 60 Minutes.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... rry-king/1

oprah would rip him to shreds he should stay away from her
    Steelers Trade #15 (1st) to 49ers for #’s 30, 61 (1st, 2nd) and RB – LaMichael James

1. Kyle Fuller –CB– Virginia Tech –6/200
    2. Shayne Skov –ILB– Stanford –6-2/245
    2. Cody Latimer –WR– Indiana –6-2/ 220
    3. Justin Ellis –NT– Louisiana Tech –6-2/330
    4. Shaquil Barrett –OLB– CSU –6-2/250
    5. Shaquille Richardson –CB– Arizona –6/200
    5. Taylor Hart –DE– Oregon –6-5/280
    6. Seantrel Henderson –OT– Miami –6-7/330
    6. Jordan Najvar – TE – Baylor – 6-6/250
    7. Nick Williams –S– North Alabama –6-2/220

Prok

Was watching NFL Net after Ben spoke and Lacanfora mentioned it would be a good avenue to get Ben's side out.

It wouldn't bother me at all. I just want the witch hunt to end.

Didn't work very well for Chris Brown...

Pro Bowler
    Mineral Ridge, Ohio (Where the standard of expectation does not change)!!!

Would be a good move IMO. It's gotta be better than the nothing he has said so far.
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

Legend

Ben should go on Jerry Springer.

And Santonio Holmes and Antonio Cromartie should be on Maury doing paternity tests.

Hall of Famer

I agree that Oprah is a bad choice. She is at the end of her run and could easily try to nail him to the wall.
    1 Mike Evans WR Texas A&M
    2 Stephen Tuitt DE Notre Dame
    3c Keith McGill CB Utah
    4 Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5 Jordan Zumwalt ILB UCLA
    5c Anton Exum S Va Tech
    6 Trey Millard FB/TE Oklahoma
    7 Cody Latimer WR Indiana
    7c DeAnthony Thomas RB Oregon

Pro Bowler

I actually think Oprah would be a good choice. It's not like they don't usually go over the stuff they plan to talk about prior to the actual interview. She'll really ask him the tough questions because that's what Oprah does but she's also arguably the most powerful woman in the world and certainly has a lot of influence. If he can make a believer out of Oprah he can win over a lot of people and I believe he can. Hell can his current image get much worse? I don't believe so. I'd be headed to Oprah if I were him. She could really HELP his image.

Hall of Famer

I think he should do a Baba Walters special.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Legend

Ben is as polished in interviews as any athlete I've ever heard. He'd be fine no matter the questions.

He should interview until people get tired of him. Do Oprah, Jay Leno, 20/20, SNL, Ellen, Regis and Kelly, the View, etc. Heck, let Dr Phil put him on the couch.

And start doing some work for battered women. Or do something for women who get kidnapped and abducted into slavery/prostitution.