Thread: A little Saturday night trivia

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: A little Saturday night trivia

Quote Originally Posted by plainnasty
    Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler
    Dave "Rambo" Edwards
    That was a tough one.

Yes, pretty tough. Nickname had nothing to do with his military service or style of play. He fell in love with the movie "First Blood" and watched it some 20 odd times when it was released.

Marginal safety who had a big stop/ sack of Elway during '84 play-offs that helped us continue to AFC championship game against Miami, in which we were trompled by Marino.

Harvey "Toast" Clayton was humiliated that game.

Some after we drafted Woodson, Hall, and Everett in three of first four rounds.

Chucktown

Help me find my post proving I am a Yinzer!

My early 2024 draft:

1.) OC - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C - Oregon
    2.) DL -Ruke Orhorhoro, DL, Clemson
    3.) WR - Nathaniel Dell, WR - Houston
    4a.) OT - Matt Goncalves, ROT - Pitt
    4b.) S -Tykee Smith - S - Georgia
    6A.) CB - Shon Stephensl - D - Ferris State
    6B..) DT - Jamree Kromah DT James Madison

UDFA: P, WR, QB, TE

We don't apologize for winning!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JPbucco
    Quote Originally Posted by ramblinjim
    Quote Originally Posted by Prok
    I can't speak for everyone but i give up.

What year did the Steelers switch from 4-3 defense to 3-4 defense would be a good trivia question too.

I'd guess '92 when Cowher took over? or whatever the first year Dom Capers was the DC?
    I remember Gary Dunn playing NT as well as Gabe Rivera I'm going to guess 1982-83
    That would probably be a good guess (I don't know the year), but Gary Dunn was the first player in the NFL to adopt the off the center stance.

Prok

I had read that it was early 80's as well. Which caught me off-guard. I had always thought Cowher brought the 3-4 with him from K.C.

Here's a couple i'd like to know.

What was our highest scoring game ever? I don't mean opponents scoring. Just the Steelers highest score.

What game was highest offensive out-put as far as both Steelers and opponents?

Backup

User Info Menu

I had read that it was early 80's as well. Which caught me off-guard. I had always thought Cowher brought the 3-4 with him from K.C.

Here's a couple i'd like to know.

What was our highest scoring game ever? I don't mean opponents scoring. Just the Steelers highest score.

The Steelers beat the New York Giants 63-7 in 1952.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I vaguely remember a MNF game in the 80s @ SD. We lost 54-44 I think. That's gotta be up there
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNation1
    I vaguely remember a MNF game in the 80s @ SD. We lost 54-44 I think. That's gotta be up there
    If offensive output means total yards, I'd think that the OT game against Atlanta would be up there too. Maddox threw that Hail Mary to Plax that went to the one yard line as time expired. I hate ties.