Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My top 5 "young guns" and other thoughts

Legend

User Info Menu

My top 5 "young guns" and other thoughts

Here are my top 5 "Young Gun" surprises for the upcoming season (in no particular order):

1.) Keenan Lewis - Kid puts it all together and will be starting or splitting time with B-Mac by mid-season.

2.) Ziggy Hood- Came on strong end of last season. Plenty of potential and great work ethic.

3.) Emmanual Sanders - Contributes at WR and punter/ kick returns. Great pick.

4.) Maurkice Pouncey - A great solid number 1 pick. Starter by week 2 or 3.

5.) Jonathon Dwyer - Runnig back curve lower than other positions for rookies, kid contributes right away. A steal of all time.

On the cusp:

Joe Burnett - I think he is going to push William Gay for the "nickel" back. Kid had a rough rookie year, but will be leaps and bounds better this season.

Crezdon Butler - Not much being said about this draft pick, but the kid has shown some talent and moxy during OTA. Keep an eye out.

Kraig Urbik - Stronger than last season and has impressed early on OTA. Solid OL for the next 8 years.

The good go to great:

Rashard Mendenhall - Becomes an NFL "feature back". I see pro-bowl

Mike Wallace - The sky's the limit here. Could be our best third round pick (or should we say steal) ever.

Lawerence Timmons and David Woodley - They become the best 1 and 2 round LB duos in NFL history. Could see 20 sacks between them.

Comeback player(s) of the year:

Troy Polumala and Aaron Smith

Honorable mention:

Casey Hampton - Out to prove he was worth his contract. Will be Pro-bowl caliber at NT.

Thoughts???
    Help me find my post proving I am a Yinzer!

My early 2024 draft:

1.) OC - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C - Oregon
    2.) DL -Ruke Orhorhoro, DL, Clemson
    3.) WR - Nathaniel Dell, WR - Houston
    4a.) OT - Matt Goncalves, ROT - Pitt
    4b.) S -Tykee Smith - S - Georgia
    6A.) CB - Shon Stephensl - D - Ferris State
    6B..) DT - Jamree Kromah DT James Madison

UDFA: P, WR, QB, TE

We don't apologize for winning!

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: My top 5 "young guns" and other thoughts

you forgot to mention how all these players will help us to win our 7th Lombardi Trophy...

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I want to see how Lamar Woodleys kin (david woodley i guess) does. I'm not sold on him yet.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler
    Mike Wallace - The sky's the limit here. Could be our best third round pick (or should we say steal) ever.
    We've had some pretty darn good 3rd round picks over the years, such as Jon Kolb, Mel Blount, Mike Merriweather, Joel Steed, Jason Gildon, Hines Ward, and Joey Porter.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    I want to see how Lamar Woodleys kin (david woodley i guess) does. I'm not sold on him yet.
    David Woodley was a Steeler once upon a time. After being the youngest starting QB at that time with the Dolphins in SBXVII (he was their QB between Hall of Famers Bob Griese and Dan Marino). After being traded to Pittsburgh, he was our bridge from the Cliff Stoudt era to the Mark Malone era (not quite as impressive, eh?).

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

lvsteelersfan

David Woodley was by far the best QB in comparison to Stoudt and Malone. If I recall he had to retire because of one too many concussions. Watch out Ben. I was sad to see Woodley go because he was a pretty good QB if memory serves.

Legend

User Info Menu

1) Pouncey-starter from day 1.
    2) Sanders...I believe he might be slower than Wallace but possibly a bit sharper. Holmes who?
    3) Dwyer-Solid contribution by mid season. Proves worthy of the tag steal.
    4) Worthington...I know he is good enough for the PS but think he has a real shot at making this team. By season 3 he is a starter if he can avoid the early numbers game.
    5) Hood...proves too much of a talent to sit...gets serious PT this season.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler
    We've had some pretty darn good 3rd round picks over the years, such as Jon Kolb, Mel Blount, Mike Merriweather, Joel Steed, Jason Gildon, Hines Ward, and Joey Porter.

Mike Wallace has some producing to do before we can consider him as the best 3rd round steal ever over Mel Blount and Hines Ward...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    2) Sanders...I believe he might be slower than Wallace but possibly a bit sharper. Holmes who?
    4) Worthington...I know he is good enough for the PS but think he has a real shot at making this team. By season 3 he is a starter if he can avoid the early numbers game.
    I really like Worthington...from the games i was able to see of him at OSU he played hard all the time...he did have cameron heyward to distract some blockers from him but i think he has potential, great build and played in a 3-4 kind of hybrid so he already knows a little about he position he is going to be playing...shortens the learning curve a bit
    1. CB – Marcus Peters – Washington – 6/190
    2. OG – Josue Matias – Florida State – 6-6/320
    3. OLB – Geneo Grissom – Oklahoma – 6-4/250
    4. DL – Ellis McCarthy – UCLA – 6-5/330
    5. TE – Jeff Heurman – Ohio State – 6-5/255
    6. FS – Adrian Amos – Penn State – 6/200
    7. DT – Terry Williams – East Carolina – 6-1/340

UDFA
    DB – Justin Cox – Mississippi St. – 6-2/190
    OLB – Davis Tull – Chattanooga – 6-2/242

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    I'm glad you mentioned Worthington. He's a very intriuging prospect. I believe the thing that makes DE's great is their technique. If he can learn how to hand fight and shed blocks against those beastly OT's he will be a steal.