Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reed practices kicking to prepare for camp

Legend

User Info Menu

Reed practices kicking to prepare for camp

Reed practices kicking to prepare for camp
    By John Harris, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
    Friday, June 4, 2010
    [url="http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_684387.html"]http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... 84387.html[/url]

• Jeff Reed is kicking two times per week as he prepares for training camp. "I tell the younger guys and myself sometimes (that) I don't seem to overkick too much," Reed said yesterday. "You limit your reps and just make them quality." The Steelers break for the summer following their workout this coming Thursday. "I'll go home, take a week off and then I'll get back into a routine and be ready for camp." said Reed, who has connected on 83 percent of his field goals in eight seasons. Reed, who had three touchbacks last season, added that he thinks some may be concerned with his ability to handle kickoffs. "No matter how young you are with a strong leg, or being 31 like myself kicking off, my goal is to keep my job," he said. "You always have to prove yourself."

• Antonio Brown is second in Mid-American Conference history with 305 receptions, so his unhappiness over falling to the sixth round of the NFL Draft is understandable. "Of course I expected to go a lot higher,'' said Brown, Central Michigan's career receiving leader and the only player in school history with two 1,000-yard receiving seasons and a pair of 100-reception campaigns. Brown has been receiving guidance from Green Bay star Greg Jennings, a fellow MAC product from Western Michigan. "He told me to work on little things as far as coming out of my cuts, staying focused and don't worry about the critics," Brown said. "He just said follow in his footsteps."

• The Steelers have three more scheduled workouts beginning Tuesday.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Starter

User Info Menu

Re: Reed practices kicking to prepare for camp

Seems like REED is doing alot more KICKING BACK, then anything. Gotta love ol' BOOZY
    Black N' Gold Til' I'm Dead N' Cold...
    [url=http://img203.imageshack.us/i/32023126285034060670100.jpg/]http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4...4060670100.jpg[/url]
    [url=http://img19.imageshack.us/i/steelertowngal.jpg/]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/107...lertowngal.jpg[/url]
    We don't have any cheerleaders but we do have a few of these \m/...

Legend

User Info Menu

Maybe someone needs to educate Reed that a kick off that actually goes into the end zone is "quality." Would like to see a little more effort from this guy because he is a big part of the special teams problems.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

"Reed practices kicking to prepare for camp"

Thanks for the newsflash, John Harris. Your insight into the inner workings of the Steelers is always top notch. Without your in-depth report, I'd never have guessed that Reed would be practicing kicking at minicamp.

Harris's next headlines...

"Steelers use Gatorade to quench thirst"

"Casey Hampton eats to keep his weight up"
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Maybe someone needs to educate Reed that a kick off that actually goes into the end zone is "quality." Would like to see a little more effort from this guy because he is a big part of the special teams problems.
    he better improve on kick offs or we will have a repeat performance of last season's special teams play. he doesnt have to get touchbacks all the time but consistent kicks under the 5 yard line isnt too much to ask for. half of his kicks last season were low line drive balls to the 10

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood

Thanks for the newsflash, John Harris. Your insight into the inner workings of the Steelers is always top notch. Without your in-depth report, I'd never have guessed that Reed would be practicing kicking at minicamp.

+1

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy

+1
    How did Harris ever get a job working as a sportswriter? By far the worst stuff we read on a routine basis. Does absolutely no background or research. It's like he goes into the bathroom in the morning and whatever pops into his head he writes down.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

+1
    How did Harris ever get a job working as a sportswriter? By far the worst stuff we read on a routine basis. Does absolutely no background or research. It's like he goes into the bathroom in the morning and whatever pops into his head he writes down.
    Sportswriting has to be the easiest job in the world these days.

Go onto PlanetSteelers.

Find the original post that seems to get the most attention for the day.

Copy the topic.

Use your mad grammar skills to clean up the wording a little so you're not plagarizing and that you can feel good about earning your paycheck.

Use one of DeeDub's thread titles for the title of your article.

Repeat.

You could hire a couple of English majors as interns and churn out way better material and tons more of it than you get from the local beat writers.

Legend

User Info Menu

+1
    How did Harris ever get a job working as a sportswriter? By far the worst stuff we read on a routine basis. Does absolutely no background or research. It's like he goes into the bathroom in the morning and whatever plops into the bowl he writes down.
    Fixed that for you.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

maybe Reed should also spend some extra time working on how to push guys out of bounds...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha