Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Training camp advice

Prok

Re: Training camp advice

Yeah it's become quite crowded the last few years. I think star players like Ben and Troy have helped to boost the crowds.

I can't remember the last time i went there and it wasn't packed.

I'll definately give Dino's a try. And i'll take your advice to talk up the waitresses.

Initial plans for me would be around the first weekend of August. Possibly second weekend. Now that i think about it 2nd weekend sounds good because those guys at that other MB meet the 1st weekend and i don't care for a few. lol

We'll see how it goes.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Prok
    Yeah it's become quite crowded the last few years. I think star players like Ben and Troy have helped to boost the crowds.

I can't remember the last time i went there and it wasn't packed.

I'll definately give Dino's a try. And i'll take your advice to talk up the waitresses.

Initial plans for me would be around the first weekend of August. Possibly second weekend. Now that i think about it 2nd weekend sounds good because those guys at that other MB meet the 1st weekend and i don't care for a few. lol

We'll see how it goes.
    Great. I'll be anxiously waiting on the report from you and the others.

I'm also looking forward to NC's female training camp adventure this year.

And hoping that MJG will finally shave his legs, put on his Bossom Buddies costume from the 80s and sneak into women's camp this year.

Legend

10. The most important tip of all - Take a camera and take a notebook and pen. Take lots of pics and lots of notes and remember to share everything with your good buddy Flippy and the rest of Planet Steelers.

Prok

True story:

I'm sitting there watching the 1st team offense get ready to go against the 1st team D last year. Low and behold i forgot to get my roster sheet so i have no idea who the newer players are. The very first play from scrimmage Big Ben hit's #17 in stride for about a 60 yard TD bomb.

Then as the practice wears on I see #17 make catch after catch. Big play after big play. I said man we got a good WR, whomever #17 is.

It wasn't until after practice was all over that i FINALLY got my roster sheet. And i said Mike Wallace huh? Let's see if he's one of those one-hit TC wonders. lol

this is awesome advice, fellas. Thanks. Keep it coming. Question . . . Do the steelers take the day off of training came the day before a preseason game? I really wanted to do training came, then head to Pittsbugth, but it looks like they took the day before off last season.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by proudpittsburgher
    this is awesome advice, fellas. Thanks. Keep it coming. Question . . . Do the steelers take the day off of training came the day before a preseason game? I really wanted to do training came, then head to Pittsbugth, but it looks like they took the day before off last season.
    No practices in Latrobe the day before or the day after a preseason game.

Thanks, Ruthless. That's going to make the trip a bit more difficult, but I'm looking forward to it.