Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Surprise Cuts

Rookie

Re: Surprise Cuts

It's really not stirring the pot when you consider that Hartwig started immediately, and they won the SB that year. As you stated, other rooks have done it and played well. Some of the techniques and terminology will probably change with the new coach, so why not start new with Pouncey and your future RG as well.

Again, both Hartwig and Essex were the WORST at their respective positions last year.
    How the mighty have fallen!?

Hall of Famer

I definately agree Hartwig is on a big bubble. The Steelers are just keeping him around so Pouncey doesnt think the position was handed to him. I see no reason to let Pouncey even sniff RG, esp if he is going to be the center next year. Get him in there now with the new coach. Starter Day One.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser
    C'mon guys...let's talk some REAL surprise cuts:

1) Hines Ward
    Too old and injury prone.

2) James Farrior
    Too slow and getting old.
    Both of these should be considered, but there's no way they will. They should make these guys renegotiate their contracts. No way they'll play up to them at this point. I hate to say it too.
    yeah but these guys are two of our leaders so they have value in that respect as well...and i dont think Hines is washed up yet, personally
    I don't either...my post was not meant to be taken seriously--although if any of those players WERE cut, it WOULD be a surprise, wouldn't it?

Najeh Davenport.

Yeah, he's not on the roster yet, but just you wait. We can never make it through a season without signing and cutting him at least twice. We'll find a way to make it happen.
    "An empty victory is a victory nonetheless."

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel
    I definately agree Hartwig is on a big bubble. The Steelers are just keeping him around so Pouncey doesnt think the position was handed to him. I see no reason to let Pouncey even sniff RG, esp if he is going to be the center next year. Get him in there now with the new coach. Starter Day One.
    Thank you! I couldn't agree more.