Thread: ATTENTION STEELERS FEVER FORUM MEMBERS

Aussie_steeler

Re: ATTENTION STEELERS FEVER FORUM MEMBERS

Will stay here as well and enjoy the discussions here.

No point acting like a seagull ( visiting unannounced, making a lot of noise and then ****ting before we leave).

This board is another good steelers board, much like 2 or 3 others that I regularly log into.

SteelersFan92

Glad to see you here Aussie. This is Dylan, I love talking with you about the draft. I'm so glad you migrated over here from SF.

Rookie

User Info Menu

What's up Aussie, glad to link up again.

Now I can finally gloat about how I told you all that Pouncey would be the #1 pick and next great Steeler center, all the way back in January.

tito
    How the mighty have fallen!?

Aussie_steeler

Quote Originally Posted by steelblitz
    What's up Aussie, glad to link up again.

Now I can finally gloat about how I told you all that Pouncey would be the #1 pick and next great Steeler center, all the way back in January.

tito
    There were a few of us on the bandwagon for Pouncey. I rode pretty hard for Alex Mack in 2009 and still thought that a center was needed again in 2010.

Some of us copped a bit of flak for sticking with Pouncey at #18 in our early / mid and late mocks.

I got a little tired in the end of the argument that Pouncey was overvalued by 6 - 10 spots so therefore he would not be a valuable pick. I always had him as the #1 OC and #2 OG. When Iupati went to me it was a no brainer.

In the washup of the draft I am surprised more people have not picked up on the implications for Kraig Urbik. Originally slotted as the Right Guard for the future he has quickly fallen behind Maurkice on the depth chart.

Like I said before - if there is good draft dialouge then I am happy to post. Keen to see how you guys measure up?

Rookie

User Info Menu

I suppose those same folks are still miffed as to how we overhauled our STs and LBing corps as well.

I'm curious to see who the best 5 will be on O-line. I'm hoping some of the younger guys look good enough to push Hartwig and Essex off the roster.

I'm curious to see how camp, the '10 roster, and season play out to start the races again. Lots of good looking D-linemen again coming up. Let' see how Harris, Worthington and McLendon look.

Where are they going with NT?

Looking forward to the discussions.
    How the mighty have fallen!?

Legend

User Info Menu

I was a big Alex Mack guy last year as well. In this draft, however, I would have taken Bryan Bulaga in round 1 since we have no quality depth at tackle whatsoever (you could have played Bulaga at RG as a rookie, then slide him out to tackle if we are unable to extend Colon). Then I would have taken Cody in round 2 to be the heir apparent to Casey, because true nose tackles who can eat up multiple blockers are rare, so that would be a value pick in the mid-2nd round. We could have looked for our center of the future next year when there is expected to be a deeper crop available (USC's Kris O'Dowd, PSU's Stefen Wisniewski, Florida's Mike Pouncey), making due with Hartwig and Legursky this season. In retrospect, however, I'm satisfied with the way things went down for us.

During the draft, I did a "real-time" mock draft of what I would have done at the time when we were actually on the clock during the draft (as opposed to after the fact when you have 20-20 hindsight, which is cheating). The only guy that I took in my "What I Would Have Done" draft who also ended up on the Steelers was Dwyer, and I suggested taking him a couple of rounds earlier than the Steelers did in real life. Oh well. Here is what I came up with:

OT Bryan Bulaga, Iowa
    NT Terrence Cody, Alabama
    CB Brandon Ghee, Wake Forest
    RB Jonathan Dwyer, Georgia Tech
    DE Austen Lane, DE, Murray State
    WR Carlton Mitchell, South Florida
    S Myron Rolle, Florida State
    TE Dorin Dickerson, Pittsburgh
    ILB Jamar Chaney, Mississippi State
    OT/OG Ciron Black, LSU

Here is the thread:

[url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11740&st=0&sk=t&sd=a[/url]
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.