Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers stories

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Steelers stories

OK, im dating myself with this story but its pretty good...

Back in 79, it was an awesome year for me to be a sports fan. Steelers SB, Pirates World Series, and Spartans NCAA championship with Magic Johnson. I lived in a smaller town in Michigan called Jackson. Happened to be the same hometown of one of our CB, Tony Dungy. I think he tied for NFL lead with 6 interceptions that year... Anyway, being in middle school, i thought it was a good idea to look him up in the phone book and give him a call. To my surprise, he answered and we soon had plans for him to come to my school for an interview. So he came in and we taped a private interview, he said i asked harder questions than most of the sports reporters. Best part was, he had a big ole 'fro, to see him now you would never guess...
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

slashsteel

I have many stories. Some over time I will share. Sick right now, Bronchitis is trying to kick my arse. But I will say this. I am such the diehard fanatic that I have come to realize. That the only girlfriend I will accept in my life is that one that cheers on the Steelers. In fact the one I am talking to now is a Steeler fan, was one way before I met her. I had ex's that pretended to understand my obsession. They just didn't get it. Asking me questions like. "slash do you love the Steelers more than me? what if a emergency?" Of course I am going to take you to the hospital. But the second I know you are alright its back to the Steeler bar for me. What you think I am actually going to miss a game? lmao be for real.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Great stories. I've been a Steelers fan since 1975, when I was 5 years old. Been to plenty of games in Houston and Dallas, but had never seen anything other than Pirates games in Pittsburgh during my annual summer visits to see my grandparents. After they won SB XL, I decided I had to make it to the opening game against Miami in 2006.

My now ex-wife and I stayed on the Mexican War Streets at a cool Bed & Breakfast. We had our share of issues, but I was making one last attempt at the game to see if we could make things work. She had always wanted a better wedding ring (Big and gaudy) compared to the one I got her right after college. She was wearing a fake cubic zirconia and asked me to hold it for her bc it was bugging her. When we got to the tailgate, she asked to have it back and that's when I sprung the new one on her. She was ecstatic and things were going great..........until

About the middle of the 2nd quarter. She looks at me and asks, "So, I can take this back and get one I really want, right?"

Right then and there it was over for me. I told her "you are really gonna ask me this right now, during the Fricken game?" I then told her what a piece of sh!t she was and to leave so I can enjoy the game. One of the best days ever for me. Got to see my Steelers win at Heinz Field, and gained my freedom all at the same time. Will never forget that moment!!

slashsteel

To talk about something during a football game other than the Steelers, I would have kicked her to the curb as well. Besides if a woman isnt happy with what you buy her to me that send out alarms as well. I dont go for high maintenence females. If what I buy isn't good enough for you go find someone else.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AngryAsian
    As for a Steeler Story... my only one is that my daughter was born Jan. 30th 2006, I photoshopped a newborn picture of her with a Steeler skully. Took the picture and made a button, wore the button to the SB party I went to... finally saw my beloved Steelers win one for the thumb. One of the best weeks of my life.
    That's awesome! When my son was born, of course we brought him home from the hospital decked out in Steelers gear ...
    As far as your wife, buy her a Steelers coat ... worked for me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel
    I lived in a smaller town in Michigan called Jackson. Happened to be the same hometown of one of our CB, Tony Dungy. I think he tied for NFL lead with 6 interceptions that year... Anyway, being in middle school, i thought it was a good idea to look him up in the phone book and give him a call. To my surprise, he answered and we soon had plans for him to come to my school for an interview.
    Meeting players ALWAYS makes for a great story. I have a few neat experiences I'll share another time.

Quote Originally Posted by slashsteel
    Asking me questions like. "slash do you love the Steelers more than me? what if a emergency?" Of course I am going to take you to the hospital. But the second I know you are alright its back to the Steeler bar for me. What you think I am actually going to miss a game? lmao be for real.

You are wrong in so many ways ... but I'm just as wrong.
    Our son was due in late January and the Steelers were in the playoffs. I told my wife, "Just in case the Steelers make the Super Bowl and you go into labor, it would probably be a good idea to have a backup for me to be in the delivery room."
    I don't remember how she responded ... I must have blacked out.
    http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/7648/newwallacesig.gif

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by StillSpotz
    Great stories. I've been a Steelers fan since 1975, when I was 5 years old. Been to plenty of games in Houston and Dallas, but had never seen anything other than Pirates games in Pittsburgh during my annual summer visits to see my grandparents. After they won SB XL, I decided I had to make it to the opening game against Miami in 2006.

My now ex-wife and I stayed on the Mexican War Streets at a cool Bed & Breakfast. We had our share of issues, but I was making one last attempt at the game to see if we could make things work. She had always wanted a better wedding ring (Big and gaudy) compared to the one I got her right after college. She was wearing a fake cubic zirconia and asked me to hold it for her bc it was bugging her. When we got to the tailgate, she asked to have it back and that's when I sprung the new one on her. She was ecstatic and things were going great..........until

About the middle of the 2nd quarter. She looks at me and asks, "So, I can take this back and get one I really want, right?"

Right then and there it was over for me. I told her "you are really gonna ask me this right now, during the Fricken game?" I then told her what a piece of sh!t she was and to leave so I can enjoy the game. One of the best days ever for me. Got to see my Steelers win at Heinz Field, and gained my freedom all at the same time. Will never forget that moment!!

I wasn't sure if that was going to have a happy ending or a sad ending!!!
    Sometimes things have a way of working out for the best ...

stillers4me

Great stories,guys...keep'em coming.

And yes, we Steelers babes DO recognize Troy's amazing and unique style of play. (When we stop drooling, that is)

slashsteel

I think I would wait until July to knock a girl up. Can never be too safe !

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me
    And yes, we Steelers babes DO recognize Troy's amazing and unique style of play. (When we stop drooling, that is)
    LOL ... I hope all you ladies know that Troy likes to play rough.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slashsteel
    I think I would wait until July to knock a girl up. Can never be too safe !
    Slashsteel, for some reason, I don't think you're joking.