Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Steelers stories

Backup

User Info Menu

Re: Steelers stories

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace108
    Quote Originally Posted by siss
    I have a different sort of story.
    My hubby and I have a tradition. During half time of Steelers we ummmm get busy because its good luck (I better get some sort of cool chick label for confessing that to a bunch of men). Well in one of those games during Dec 2008 we produced a child. In early 2009 during the Chargers game I was so tired I fell asleep and missed the last half of the Steelers beating the chargers. I knew something was up, because I usually can't sleep after a Steelers win. So I took a pregnancy test a week later and lo and behold it was positive later that day the steelers won the AFC championship game. Two weeks later I was sick as a dog with morning sickness, when the game started I was fine and that was when I knew I was having a boy (we didn't know the sex until he was born). Plus we had just made the announcement to my parents. So from now on super bowl 43 will always remind me of my early pregnancy.

Now here is where things get weird.
    So then April rolls around and the NFL schedule comes out. My due date was Sept 21, which was the day the Steelers were to play the Bears. My husband is a Bears fan (they are his NFC team) and we were going to go to the Steelers/Bears game in soldier field that year. We joked that instead we would be in labor and delivery.

The first time my son kicked was when i was watching a replay of a steelers game on the NFL network.

Well Sept comes around and we are preparing for the little bundle of joy and the NFL season. I go to my normal appointment and the doc says your going to labor and delivery. This was tuesday before the season started. Wednesday night I was induced and Thursday morning, sept 10th, I delivered a happy healthy baby boy that was 7LBS and 7 ounces and 17 inches long. That night in the recovery room, me and my husband and our precious little baby boy watched the Steelers beat the Dolphins.

Now tell me this, is my son destined to be a steeler or what?
    Siss, when they say "enjoy the halftime show," I don't think that's what they mean!!
    And since your son was 7 pounds and 7 ounces, would his name happen to be Ben?
    ManY Steelers comebacks have started at halftime...
    If I had had full naming rights I would have named the boy Benjamin Rooney...but I didn't...so we Got Andrew Dale instead.

Backup

User Info Menu

My halftime tradition is going to the restroom and grabbing a few more beers. Apparently, I've been doing this all wrong.
    http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/7648/newwallacesig.gif

Backup

User Info Menu

My halftime tradition is going to the restroom and grabbing a few more beers. Apparently, I've been doing this all wrong.
    My husband highly recommends it!

Legend

User Info Menu

Well, I can't beat the siss story (wish I could!).

But one winter we were visiting NYC, around Christmas time. My wife went shopping, and I went with her. The game was on in a bar dowstairs and across the street (yes!). She would go into the dressing room, I'd run down the stairs (quicker than the elevator) and across the street, watch a series or two, then come running back up. She'd be coming out of the dressing room, or maybe be browsing a bit, "Hi honey, that looks nice", she never even knew.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

I have a different sort of story.
    My hubby and I have a tradition. During half time of Steelers we ummmm get busy because its good luck (I better get some sort of cool chick label for confessing that to a bunch of men). Well in one of those games during Dec 2008 we produced a child. In early 2009 during the Chargers game I was so tired I fell asleep and missed the last half of the Steelers beating the chargers. I knew something was up, because I usually can't sleep after a Steelers win. So I took a pregnancy test a week later and lo and behold it was positive later that day the steelers won the AFC championship game. Two weeks later I was sick as a dog with morning sickness, when the game started I was fine and that was when I knew I was having a boy (we didn't know the sex until he was born). Plus we had just made the announcement to my parents. So from now on super bowl 43 will always remind me of my early pregnancy.

Now here is where things get weird.
    So then April rolls around and the NFL schedule comes out. My due date was Sept 21, which was the day the Steelers were to play the Bears. My husband is a Bears fan (they are his NFC team) and we were going to go to the Steelers/Bears game in soldier field that year. We joked that instead we would be in labor and delivery.

The first time my son kicked was when i was watching a replay of a steelers game on the NFL network.

Well Sept comes around and we are preparing for the little bundle of joy and the NFL season. I go to my normal appointment and the doc says your going to labor and delivery. This was tuesday before the season started. Wednesday night I was induced and Thursday morning, sept 10th, I delivered a happy healthy baby boy that was 7LBS and 7 ounces and 17 inches long. That night in the recovery room, me and my husband and our precious little baby boy watched the Steelers beat the Dolphins.

Now tell me this, is my son destined to be a steeler or what?
    Siss, when they say "enjoy the halftime show," I don't think that's what they mean!!
    And since your son was 7 pounds and 7 ounces, would his name happen to be Ben?
    If I had had full naming rights I would have named the boy Benjamin Rooney...but I didn't...so we Got Andrew Dale instead.
    *snicker*

Backup

User Info Menu

I assure you I'm not the one who needs to be convinced.

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan

But one winter we were visiting NYC, around Christmas time. My wife went shopping, and I went with her. The game was on in a bar dowstairs and across the street (yes!). She would go into the dressing room, I'd run down the stairs (quicker than the elevator) and across the street, watch a series or two, then come running back up. She'd be coming out of the dressing room, or maybe be browsing a bit, "Hi honey, that looks nice", she never even knew.
    Shopping when a game is on?

Legend

User Info Menu

[youtube:24ngb831]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/09-M-S7Og0o&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/09-M-S7Og0o&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube:24ngb831]

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d

[youtube:abmg0l6u]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/09-M-S7Og0o&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/09-M-S7Og0o&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube:abmg0l6u]
    LOL!! That's exactly what SanAntonioSteelerFan needed.

slashsteel

You want me to go where ? shopping? during the game? rotfl Girl you better go somewhere else with that sheet.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

the reason I will never turn my back on this franchise as long as the rooneys are steering the ship. . .

Back in 1994, I decided to stand out in line around three rivers stadium for playoff tickets, back when they still did that. The first day we all kind of stood in a group around the Clark Bar and Grill . . . and Kevin Green showed up with his pickup truck with the back filled with pizza boxes. he stuck around for a while, chatted with fans and fed pretty much all of us. Very, very cool.

After that first night, they moved all of us in a single-file line around three rivers stadium. It was cold, and we knew we weren't moving anywhere until tickets went on sale the next morning, so we all kind of hung with the group around us and made the best of the night.

Around 9 or 10 o'clock, we noticed there were people walking around th eline, from the back to the front, with coffee/hot chocolate. Despite the fact most people's beverage of choice was alcohol, they were still among the most popular people there. We also noticed that it was taking them a long time to get to the front of the line where we were, about 100 people in, and we soon found out why.

Dan Rooney was walking around with the coffee girls, shaking hands with the fans, and having a word of conversation with every single one of them. Drunk or sober, young or old, black or white. If you just wanted to say hi, well, he said hi back. If you wanted to have a longer conversation, you didn't get blown off. He stayed and chatted with every single person who wanted to.

I will never forget that down-to-earth and kind nature of Dan Rooney. And after seeing "The chief", the one man play about Art Rooney, in Pittsburgh a few years back, I see where he gets it from. I will be a Steelers and a Rooney fan for life.