Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Steelers stories

Starter

User Info Menu

Re: Steelers stories

I ususally drive up for training camp in Latrobe every year. (That's right, I hit the road for a 9 hour drive all by myself to meet up with my Steeler Sisters in da burgh and leave the poor deadskins fan I married at home for the weekend.)

Anyways, I've run into Steelers in the grocery store, the bars, etc., etc., but the best story I have is being in the Walmart across from Sharkey's several years ago. I hear from the store clerks that Joey's in the store, but he's in a bit of a mood from all the attention (I guess sometimes it can be a pain when you're just out shopping and trying to live a normal life sometimes :lol).

I'm cruising around the aisles myself when I turn to go up the linens aisle, look up and there's Mr. Porter looking a bed sheets, presumably for the dorm room at St. Vincent's.

So, rather than flip out and gawk at him, I casually walk by, catch his eye, smile and say:

"It ain't easy bein' Peezy is it?"

He broke out in the biggest smile and started to laugh out loud.

I laughed back, stuck out my hand to shake his and he returned the favor.

I just thanked him, nodded my head and went on down the aisle like nothing happened.

My other story has to do with Mean Joe Greene and a ratbird fan who showed up in camp one year wearing a *gag* 52 jersey. But, I gotta run so will share that one later.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...URES/NCFAN.jpg

"18 and D'OH!" ---headline on NFL.com 2/5/08

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NC Steeler Fan
    "It ain't easy bein' Peezy is it?"
    That is outstanding! I never would have thought to say something like that.
    http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/7648/newwallacesig.gif

Prok

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace108
    Quote Originally Posted by slashsteel
    I think I would wait until July to knock a girl up. Can never be too safe !
    Slashsteel, for some reason, I don't think you're joking.
    lol

Slashy is definately 1 of a kind. Cracks me up as well.

Check out his myspace and mock drafts he does. He puts a ton of work into studying the draft etc.

He's also big on graphics. Look no further than his myspace for proof. lol

BTW GREAT stories all !!

slashsteel

Prok stop pimping me. And Wallace yes I was serious ! lol

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace108
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryAsian
    As for a Steeler Story... my only one is that my daughter was born Jan. 30th 2006, I photoshopped a newborn picture of her with a Steeler skully. Took the picture and made a button, wore the button to the SB party I went to... finally saw my beloved Steelers win one for the thumb. One of the best weeks of my life.
    That's awesome! When my son was born, of course we brought him home from the hospital decked out in Steelers gear ...
    As far as your wife, buy her a Steelers coat ... worked for me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel
    I lived in a smaller town in Michigan called Jackson. Happened to be the same hometown of one of our CB, Tony Dungy. I think he tied for NFL lead with 6 interceptions that year... Anyway, being in middle school, i thought it was a good idea to look him up in the phone book and give him a call. To my surprise, he answered and we soon had plans for him to come to my school for an interview.
    Meeting players ALWAYS makes for a great story. I have a few neat experiences I'll share another time.

Quote Originally Posted by slashsteel
    Asking me questions like. "slash do you love the Steelers more than me? what if a emergency?" Of course I am going to take you to the hospital. But the second I know you are alright its back to the Steeler bar for me. What you think I am actually going to miss a game? lmao be for real.

You are wrong in so many ways ... but I'm just as wrong.
    Our son was due in late January and the Steelers were in the playoffs. I told my wife, "Just in case the Steelers make the Super Bowl and you go into labor, it would probably be a good idea to have a backup for me to be in the delivery room."
    I don't remember how she responded ... I must have blacked out.

Man...if I would have said something like that to my wife they'd still be picking me up off the floor. Whew! LOL!
    http://www.planetsteelers.com/cpg141...erpics/sth.jpg

"Success Is Determined By Attitude."
    AS Rocks

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelHoss
    Man...if I would have said something like that to my wife they'd still be picking me up off the floor. Whew! LOL!
    Rely on a basic boxing skill, SteelHoss .... bob and weave ....... bob and weave.

Backup

User Info Menu

I have a different sort of story.
    My hubby and I have a tradition. During half time of Steelers we ummmm get busy because its good luck (I better get some sort of cool chick label for confessing that to a bunch of men). Well in one of those games during Dec 2008 we produced a child. In early 2009 during the Chargers game I was so tired I fell asleep and missed the last half of the Steelers beating the chargers. I knew something was up, because I usually can't sleep after a Steelers win. So I took a pregnancy test a week later and lo and behold it was positive later that day the steelers won the AFC championship game. Two weeks later I was sick as a dog with morning sickness, when the game started I was fine and that was when I knew I was having a boy (we didn't know the sex until he was born). Plus we had just made the announcement to my parents. So from now on super bowl 43 will always remind me of my early pregnancy.

Now here is where things get weird.
    So then April rolls around and the NFL schedule comes out. My due date was Sept 21, which was the day the Steelers were to play the Bears. My husband is a Bears fan (they are his NFC team) and we were going to go to the Steelers/Bears game in soldier field that year. We joked that instead we would be in labor and delivery.

The first time my son kicked was when i was watching a replay of a steelers game on the NFL network.

Well Sept comes around and we are preparing for the little bundle of joy and the NFL season. I go to my normal appointment and the doc says your going to labor and delivery. This was tuesday before the season started. Wednesday night I was induced and Thursday morning, sept 10th, I delivered a happy healthy baby boy that was 7LBS and 7 ounces and 17 inches long. That night in the recovery room, me and my husband and our precious little baby boy watched the Steelers beat the Dolphins.

Now tell me this, is my son destined to be a steeler or what?

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by siss
    My hubby and I have a tradition. During half time of Steelers we ummmm get busy because its good luck (I better get some sort of cool chick label for confessing that to a bunch of men). Well in one of those games during Dec 2008 we produced a child. In early 2009 during the Chargers game I was so tired I fell asleep and missed the last half of the Steelers beating the chargers. I knew something was up, because I usually can't sleep after a Steelers win. So I took a pregnancy test a week later and lo and behold it was positive later that day the steelers won the AFC championship game. Two weeks later I was sick as a dog with morning sickness, when the game started I was fine and that was when I knew I was having a boy (we didn't know the sex until he was born). Plus we had just made the announcement to my parents. So from now on super bowl 43 will always remind me of my early pregnancy.

So then April rolls around and the NFL schedule comes out. My due date was Sept 21, which was the day the Steelers were to play the Bears. My husband is a Bears fan (they are his NFC team) and we were going to go to the Steelers/Bears game in soldier field that year. We joked that instead we would be in labor and delivery.

The first time my son kicked was when i was watching a replay of a steelers game on the NFL network.

Well Sept comes around and we are preparing for the little bundle of joy and the NFL season. I go to my normal appointment and the doc says your going to labor and delivery. This was tuesday before the season started. Wednesday night I was induced and Thursday morning, sept 10th, I delivered a happy healthy baby boy that was 7LBS and 7 ounces and 17 inches long. That night in the recovery room, me and my husband and our precious little baby boy watched the Steelers beat the Dolphins.

Siss, when they say "enjoy the halftime show," I don't think that's what they mean!!
    And since your son was 7 pounds and 7 ounces, would his name happen to be Ben?

Legend

User Info Menu

Did yinz ever watch a game in a Burger King bathroom?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d

Did yinz ever watch a game in a Burger King bathroom?

No but i watched an entire game over a fence on my neighbors wide screen. I dont think they ever knew...
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.