Thread: Random Thoughts

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Random Thoughts

WE NEED BEN: It is utter BS that we lose our starting QB for the first four games and at the same time other players who are charged with crimes don't get suspended!!

Having said that, we should be afraid to start Dixon unless our OC is willing to call the game according to Dixon's strength which is mobility. Arians ought not to devise the same gameplan as he would with Ben at the helm. Dixon will never make the same throws as Ben and if we try it that way, Dixon will fail.

OUR DEFENSE: Another year older on a quickly aging defense is bad news!! Once again I was disappointed not to see a replacement for Hampton drafted. Than our management team decided it was a good idea to resign all of our aging vets like Casey, Clark and Farrior last season. Add Gay into the mix and we are in serious trouble. Which brings me to my next point.

BALANCED ATTACK: I sure hope our OC has enough intelligence to run the ball more and take more time off the clock to help our aging defense. Besides that obvious point a balanced attack would do wonders keeping us from being to predictable, like we are so often.

We should be better this year running the ball after all we got rid of the worst starting RB in the league from the last 3 seasons. We can't help but improve without Slow Willie falling down before first contact.

THE WORST OFFSEASON EVER: From Ben to Holmes to our horrible, horrible coaching hires and player signings, this has turned out to be the worst offseason ever. Can't wait to see what other stupid things Tomlin will do this season. God help us all!!!!

Prok

Re: Random Thoughts

Well I don't trust Arians game-planning one bit. I'm hoping Lefty can earn the starting gig and at least help us to 2-2 or better the first 4 weeks.

On defense, while i've never been a big fan of the 3-4 zone blitz i think by bringing B-Mac back and hopefully keeping our stars healthy will restore us to the top.

I'm not too concerned about the age on D. These guys are not too old yet.

I figure if we get Ben back and are 2-2 or better we'll contend for a playoff spot.

If we stay relatively healthy a SB contending team from 2 yrs ago could re-emerge.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Prowler
    our horrible, horrible coaching hires
    Please clarify these horrible, horrible coaching hires you speak of.

Do you not think that Kugler is an upgrade to Zeirlein?

Do you not think that Everest is an upgrade to Ligashevsky?

Got a problem with Scottie Montgomery as the new WR after Fichtner moved from coaching WR's to QB's following the retirement of Ken Anderson?

Don't like bring Jerry Olsavsky back into the fold as a defensive quality control coach?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher

Got a problem with Scottie Montgomery as the new WR after Fichtner moved from coaching WR's to QB's following the retirement of Ken Anderson?

Don't like bring Jerry Olsavsky back into the fold as a defensive quality control coach?

my only complaint about the off-season coaching hires is that i wish there had been two more of them...for Bruce Arians and Ray Horton.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I forgot all about Prowler.. if he is the same one from TL.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Rookie

User Info Menu

WE NEED BEN: It is utter BS that we lose our starting QB for the first four games and at the same time other players who are charged with crimes don't get suspended!!

Having said that, we should be afraid to start Dixon unless our OC is willing to call the game according to Dixon's strength which is mobility. Arians ought not to devise the same gameplan as he would with Ben at the helm. Dixon will never make the same throws as Ben and if we try it that way, Dixon will fail.

OUR DEFENSE: Another year older on a quickly aging defense is bad news!! Once again I was disappointed not to see a replacement for Hampton drafted. Than our management team decided it was a good idea to resign all of our aging vets like Casey, Clark and Farrior last season. Add Gay into the mix and we are in serious trouble. Which brings me to my next point.

BALANCED ATTACK: I sure hope our OC has enough intelligence to run the ball more and take more time off the clock to help our aging defense. Besides that obvious point a balanced attack would do wonders keeping us from being to predictable, like we are so often.

We should be better this year running the ball after all we got rid of the worst starting RB in the league from the last 3 seasons. We can't help but improve without Slow Willie falling down before first contact.

THE WORST OFFSEASON EVER: From Ben to Holmes to our horrible, horrible coaching hires and player signings, this has turned out to be the worst offseason ever. Can't wait to see what other stupid things Tomlin will do this season. God help us all!!!!
    Oh NOES! THE SKY IS FALLING!!

Seriously though, don't sweat it man, you're worrying about things you have no control over. I for one, trust the F.O. and certainly like the addition of our new O-line coach and ST coach. We also did a lot to upgrade our ST unit as a whole. You can pretty much guarantee we will be a lot faster on ST with all those young linebackers and corners like Gay and Burnett. With those same young linebackers working their way into the fold will definitely help the likes of Farrior, Harrison, and Woodley when they need a breather. We had zero depth at that position last year. Also, we got rid of Carter and brought a guy in Will Allen that can fill that absence easily. The only bad things that happened this off-season in my opinion, is the loss of Santo (basically traded him for McFadden, which really lessens the blow) and Ben thinking with his little head.
    http://i459.photobucket.com/albums/q...3hitmansig.gif

"Football is a physical game, or at least it used to be" -Mel Blount

Backup

User Info Menu

Having said that, we should be afraid to start Dixon unless our OC is willing to call the game according to Dixon's strength which is mobility.
    Unless Lefty gets injured or Dixon just tears it up in camp, I think it's safe to say Lefty will be starting.

Another year older on a quickly aging defense is bad news!!
    Our defense is definitely getting a little long in the tooth, but the only guy I'm really worried about is Farrior. His play dropped off a lot last season. But having McFadden over Gay is an upgrade, and getting Polamalu and Smith back speaks for itself. I think our D will be fine.

I sure hope our OC has enough intelligence to run the ball more and take more time off the clock to help our aging defense.
    Unless Arians wants to get kicked to the curb, I think we'll see more of a focus on the running game this season. Art II made it quite clear to the staff that we WILL run the ball.

THE WORST OFFSEASON EVER
    After a motorcycle crash and back to back sexual assault allegations, yeah, I'm starting to dread offseasons. After the season ends, Rooney needs to put Ben under house arrest until training camp starts.
    http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/7648/newwallacesig.gif

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher

Clarify, I will.

Sean Kugler - Horrible body or work, just look at his results from the last 3 seasons in the losing organization known as the Bills. Enough said!!!

Everest - Had the worst special teams of any in the NFL last season with the 49ers. Before that he spent time with the Saints from 2000- 2005, when they had a crappy team. Same can be said with his time in Arizona from 1996- 1999. Another crappy body of work.

Montgomery - The Duke WR coach from 2006 - 2009. This makes him qualified in Tomlin's eyes but not mine. We don't need another loser with a bad body of work.

Fitchner - Six seasons at the NFL, QB developing powerhouse of the U of Memphis!!!

Olsavsky - 7 seasons at Youngstown State makes him qualified to be in the NFL. What a joke!!!

I can't believe you people actually like these hires .