Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Explain your board name

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Explain your board name

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCitySouth
    Back in 08 I decided to check out some of the MB sites to talk Steelers. I signed up with the Main Steelers MB under my real name. It was interesting but I wanted to know more about the other teams in the division so i started searching. My Wife and I moved to Charleston SC in 2003 and we have a couple friends that are Bengal fans so I went there first to see if I could pick up some information to smack him with. So when I signed up with the Bengals MB I chose SteelCitySouth as I live in the south. Plus there are three Steeler bars within 10 minute drive of where I live so Charleston is somewhat of a Steeler town.

I spend time in the Smack forum helping Bengal fans hate life.

LOL, helping them hate life, good one ! Enjoyed your introduction and welcome to the family.

Backup

User Info Menu

Usually when I come on here it's to relax, have a drink and smoke a Backwoods cigar. Hence the name.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BackwoodsSteeler View Post
    Usually when I come on here it's to relax, have a drink and smoke a Backwoods cigar. Hence the name.
    Honey berry. MMMMM!!!!
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    Honey berry. MMMMM!!!!
    Yeppers. The grape is nice too.

Rookie

User Info Menu

04272012 is the date i sign onto planetsteelers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 04272012 View Post
    04272012 is the date i sign onto planetsteelers.

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

I would think my choice of board name is obvious, but I'll play for the under 40 crowd and the senile crowd...its just my small tribute to Willie "Pops" Stargell, #8. He was one of my boyhood favorite players on those 70's Pirates team. I love my baseball as much as I love my football.

"We are Family, all my brothers sisters and me"

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pops8 View Post
    I would think my choice of board name is obvious, but I'll play for the under 40 crowd and the senile crowd...its just my small tribute to Willie "Pops" Stargell, #8. He was one of my boyhood favorite players on those 70's Pirates team. I love my baseball as much as I love my football.

"We are Family, all my brothers sisters and me"
    Welcome to Planet Steelers!
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Rookie

User Info Menu

First half of Vis Major, a name I've used online since prodigy.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I learned to fly in a Cessna 172. AKA Skyhawk.