Thread: Explain your board name

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Explain your board name

Quote Originally Posted by Prok
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    Quote Originally Posted by Prok
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy
    Well, my name comes from my wife who once said I was Steeler Crazy. I am so intense on game days and during the game no one likes to watch the game with me in my house and I prefer to be alone. When something goes wrong I get really upset and act like a five year old child. When something goes right I act like a contestant getting picked to play "The Price Is Right"..........

I've tried to calm myself for others sake but I cant for long.....When I was a kid I used to cry in anger when the Steelers lost so I guess I'm not going to change, therefore, I am SteelCrazy.
    LOL

You are not alone my friend.

I think this applies to all of us.

BTW, you're name is making me hungry for pork and sauerkraut. Heck even a little haluski.

lol

I asked u in another thread if u were at steelreign before. I think i remember you from back in the day.

BTW I plan on posting here alot even though SF is back up too. I like it here.
    no, wasnt me, just flippingburghers or flippy. glad you're enjoying.

there's a load of you, but you all seem pretty cool.

devilsdancefloor

it involves a bottle of jamesons and i was listening to flogging molly try to figure out a log name for my 1st steelers site. it seemed everyone had a players name or "steel" in their name and well devils dance floor came on and it stuck.

GutterflowerSteel

Gutterflower is the name of one of my favorite Goo Goo Dolls albums. Apparently John Rzeznik got the name from a Pablo Neruda poem about homeless people.

Nadroj 20

[quote=flippy]
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadroj 20
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    Quote Originally Posted by "Nadroj 20":r12g6qur
    Nadroj is Jordan backwards which is my first name.

The 20 represents my favorite number.
    So you're like the Oprah of SF?
    What?
    She calls her company Harpo which is Oprah backwards. I've never seen anyone else do this. Other than my Dog who used to be God back in the day.

I'm a goofball...don't take anything I say seriously....unless I'm serious of course.[/quote:r12g6qur]

Lol ohh i get you now....No i got this idea from another forum im on where a guy did the same thing.

I didnt take any offense to anything i just didnt know what you meant

Legend

User Info Menu

It's my first name.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GutterflowerSteel
    Gutterflower is the name of one of my favorite Goo Goo Dolls albums. Apparently John Rzeznik got the name from a Pable Neruda poem about homeless people.
    I saw them at Griffitti in Pgh back in '94 when they were still playing punk/rock. Did a stage dive that night and they let some kid on stage to sing an entire song with them. Superstar Carwash is still great start to finish!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost
    Gutterflower is the name of one of my favorite Goo Goo Dolls albums. Apparently John Rzeznik got the name from a Pable Neruda poem about homeless people.
    I saw them at Griffitti in Pgh back in '94 when they were still playing punk/rock. Did a stage dive that night and they let some kid on stage to sing an entire song with them. Superstar Carwash is still great start to finish!
    Those were their best days. Fantastic band live. I think I was there. I saw them at Metropol too. I couldn't remember if I also saw them at the Electric Banana or Graffiitti. I also wasn't sure the exact year.

I do remember a half naked chic stage diving. She went over us and we saw everything. I remember them giving the mike to someone, so I must have been there.

GutterflowerSteel

I agree! SSCW was definitive - even now when they play Cuz You're Gone live, the crowd goes wild. I became a fan back in '95 during the A Boy Named Goo era. Naked is still one of my favorite songs by them. I've met them several times over the years, and they're down to earth, nice guys

Legend

User Info Menu

I agree! SSCW was definitive - even now when they play Cuz You're Gone live, the crowd goes wild. I became a fan back in '95 during the A Boy Named Goo era. Naked is still one of my favorite songs by them. I've met them several times over the years, and they're down to earth, nice guys
    I think they're nice cause Resnik was homeless and the other guy (can't remember his name) was from a nice family that took in Resnik. Plus they let the other guy sing half their songs even though he can't sing worth a crap.

Legend

User Info Menu

RuthlessBurgher sounds like our quarterback's name. And since he is Ruthless on the field, showing other teams no mercy, and is now from Pittsburgh (and hence, a Burgher), it seemed to fit.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.