Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Explain your board name

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Explain your board name

Quote Originally Posted by lvsteelersfan
    Pretty simple. I am a Steelers fan who lives in Las Vegas. Not overly clever, but it works for me. I am usually Pierats when I am playing fantasy football. It is a reference to Jimmy Buffett's "A Pirate Looks at 40" and dressing up as a pirate at Ren Faires.
    Crap. You don't know a poster named lasvegasguy, do you?
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi_sarah
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy

Cool, I'll have to check out the podcasts sometime.

So you hail from Pittsburgh?
    Nope. I've never even been out of New Zealand. I just love Pittsburgh b/c of the Steelers lol

So are the All Whites a little more popular these days seeing as they were the only team in the World Cup to not lose a match (granted they didn't win either, but still a good accomplishment)?

As for my board name, I don't know why, but when I was little, one of my older friends would always call me Shiek, in reference to the wrestler Iron Shiek. I don't know if he thought I looked like him (I hope not because I was about 8 or so when he would call me that). So Shiek just stuck with me and all my friends call me that now. When I joined the Trib message board, I was shiek2134, and used that when people started migrating over to the Planet...then got suggestion from Ruthless or someone to "Steelerize" my name a bit, and somebody suggested Iron Shiek...not to be confused with the wrestler this time hopefully.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Backup

User Info Menu

Hi fellow Steeler fans, Just joined a few mins ago and thought I'd post here. Nothing surprising here, just a Canadian guy who LOVES his Steelers. Hope to debate with you in the weeks and months to come.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
    -- Jack Lambert --

decleater

Anyone who has been knocked out of their shoes by a defensive player understands.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSteel
    Hi fellow Steeler fans, Just joined a few mins ago and thought I'd post here. Nothing surprising here, just a Canadian guy who LOVES his Steelers. Hope to debate with you in the weeks and months to come.
    Take off, you hoser!

Welcome.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by decleater
    Anyone who has been knocked out of their shoes by a defensive player understands.

Or by Hines Ward.

Backup

User Info Menu

lmao thanks for the welcome RuthlessBurgher.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
    -- Jack Lambert --

Legend

User Info Menu

No problem, man. I see that you've updated your location to more specific than just Canada. I think the St. John's you are referring to is up in Newfoundland, right?

We have a few other Canadian posters on here. If I recall correctly, I think Mel Blount's G is from one of the more Western provinces (Alberta, perhaps?). Steeler_fan_in_t.o. is from Toronto...but you won't like him because his town stole your Leafs from Mile One Arena (cool name for the eastern-most place in North America) and made them the Marlies once again.

I'm an AHL fan (have had some sort of season ticket package to the Wilkes-Barre Scranton Penguins here in Northeast PA in their decade of existance here) in addition to being a Pittsburgh Penguin fan. I recall the other Saint John team at the time (the one from New Brunswick, the old Flames affiliate) beating my W-B/S Pens in the Calder Cup finals several years ago.

The only time I spent up in the Maritimes was on a 4 day cruise out of NYC to Saint John, New Brunswick and Halifax, Nova Scotia. Did some kayaking with the wife up there, and had some nice lobster bakes out on the beach. Really nice area to just walk around and relax. Never been all the way up to Newfoundland, though. You guys are closer to Greenland than Pittsburgh!
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    No problem, man. I see that you've updated your location to more specific than just Canada. I think the St. John's you are referring to is up in Newfoundland, right?

We have a few other Canadian posters on here. If I recall correctly, I think Mel Blount's G is from one of the more Western provinces (Alberta, perhaps?). Steeler_fan_in_t.o. is from Toronto...but you won't like him because his town stole your Leafs from Mile One Arena (cool name for the eastern-most place in North America) and made them the Marlies once again.

I'm an AHL fan (have had some sort of season ticket package to the Wilkes-Barre Scranton Penguins here in Northeast PA in their decade of existance here) in addition to being a Pittsburgh Penguin fan. I recall the other Saint John team at the time (the one from New Brunswick, the old Flames affiliate) beating my W-B/S Pens in the Calder Cup finals several years ago.

The only time I spent up in the Maritimes was on a 4 day cruise out of NYC to Saint John, New Brunswick and Halifax, Nova Scotia. Did some kayaking with the wife up there, and had some nice lobster bakes out on the beach. Really nice area to just walk around and relax. Never been all the way up to Newfoundland, though. You guys are closer to Greenland than Pittsburgh!

Wow, you know your stuff!! lol

Yes St.John's Newfoundland. It was tough to lose the baby leafs but that was a good while ago. We got a Junior club after that but it never lasted very long, they left a few years ago leaving the MileOne without a hockey club. For a new arena thats tough.

It's good to know we have other Canuck posters around, i have read some of T.O's posts and i have to say the CN Tower Sig/Avi is just sick.

In time i will make my way to the Burgh i'm sure. This year we are heading to NYC in October, so i'm super pumped about that. After that my better half wants to go down south, witch is fine because i'm not one for hot weather and i could sue that against her when it's time to plan my Pitt vacation :P
    -- Jack Lambert --

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek

So are the All Whites a little more popular these days seeing as they were the only team in the World Cup to not lose a match (granted they didn't win either, but still a good accomplishment)?

As for my board name, I don't know why, but when I was little, one of my older friends would always call me Shiek, in reference to the wrestler Iron Shiek. I don't know if he thought I looked like him (I hope not because I was about 8 or so when he would call me that). So Shiek just stuck with me and all my friends call me that now. When I joined the Trib message board, I was shiek2134, and used that when people started migrating over to the Planet...then got suggestion from Ruthless or someone to "Steelerize" my name a bit, and somebody suggested Iron Shiek...not to be confused with the wrestler this time hopefully.
    Yeah they had a parade here in Wellington where I live when they got back. Soccer def. seems to be gaining popularity here.

I like the explanation for your name! Makes sense. Although, the Iron Sheik is one of the funniest old school wrestlers, I love seeing him do interviews, always makes me laugh - he's so into it!