Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Explain your board name

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Explain your board name

Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    Did everyone know George was discovered by Bruno Samartino and brought to Pittsburgh for Studio Wrestling with Bruno and was named Steele after the Steel city? I wonder if he's a Steelers fan?
    That reminds me of a photoshop I did! Holmgroin into George the Animal:

Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    Did everyone know George was discovered by Bruno Samartino and brought to Pittsburgh for Studio Wrestling with Bruno and was named Steele after the Steel city? I wonder if he's a Steelers fan?

That's a good one!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene

The Holmgren photoshop contest was one of the best, in my opinion.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Backup

User Info Menu

Mine is just a play on my first name that my kids came up with. I guess I get a bit determined and focused when it comes to playing games. Even y wife says its appropriate.

I also like what I've seen of Mike Tomlin, so when I signed up I threw the extra letter in to make it more Steeler-ish.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tomlinator
    Mine is just a play on my first name that my kids came up with. I guess I get a bit determined and focused when it comes to playing games. Even y wife says its appropriate.

I also like what I've seen of Mike Tomlin, so when I signed up I threw the extra letter in to make it more Steeler-ish.
    so you're the guy who unleashes hell during a friendly game of Chutes and Ladders?

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tomlinator

so you're the guy who unleashes hell during a friendly game of Chutes and Ladders?
    Oh yeah! It's never to early to teach those important life lessons!

o sensei

The name refers to the father and creator of aikido which was introduced to me when I was in the military. I was young, ignorant, arrogant, I had studied other martial arts in my youth and thought I was a badass. An officer from an armor unit saw me practicing kicks with a bag at the gym one day, told me my form was junk(not the word he used), which resulted in a challenge, which resulted in me flat on my face with my left hand in my right ear and a "pudgy asian guy" holding me down, telling me I was stupid and reckless.

What followed probably sounds like some lame idea for a film, but this guy eventually changed my direction, my attitude...my military career for sure...and clearly helped me become a better man which has allowed me to be a far better husband and father later in life than I would have been. He fell to cancer 4 years ago and I helped carry him to his final resting place in hawaii. So, I honor him wherever I can, silly as it may seem.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by o sensei
    The name refers to the father and creator of aikido which was introduced to me when I was in the military. I was young, ignorant, arrogant, I had studied other martial arts in my youth and thought I was a badass. An officer from an armor unit saw me practicing kicks with a bag at the gym one day, told me my form was junk(not the word he used), which resulted in a challenge, which resulted in me flat on my face with my left hand in my right ear and a "pudgy asian guy" holding me down, telling me I was stupid and reckless.

What followed probably sounds like some lame idea for a film, but this guy eventually changed my direction, my attitude...my military career for sure...and clearly helped me become a better man which has allowed me to be a far better husband and father later in life than I would have been. He fell to cancer 4 years ago and I helped carry him to his final resting place in hawaii. So, I honor him wherever I can, silly as it may seem.
    pain does not exist in this dojo, does it?

(n)o sensei

Legend

User Info Menu

And I guess the "o" before "sensei" is a reference to "O Captain, My Captain" in which you play the part of Walt Whitman and your deceased martial arts instructor is Abraham Lincoln?

And the Karate Kid was not a lame idea for a film, by the way. Walk left side, safe. Walk right side, safe. Walk middle, sooner or later, squish! Just like grape. Well, the new movie with Jackie Chan and Fresh Prince Jr. may be lame, but not the original with Arnold from Happy Days and Vinny's Cousin.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher

And I guess the "o" before "sensei" is a reference to "O Captain, My Captain" in which you play the part of Walt Whitman and your deceased martial arts instructor is Abraham Lincoln?

And the Karate Kid was not a lame idea for a film, by the way. Walk left side, safe. Walk right side, safe. Walk middle, sooner or later, squish! Just like grape. Well, the new movie with Jackie Chan and Fresh Prince Jr. may be lame, but not the original with Arnold from Happy Days and Vinny's Cousin.
    Who knew Arnold likes to wax off so much.