Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 344

Thread: Explain your board name

  1. #141
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Woooooo!!!
    Posts
    2,976

    Re: Explain your board name

    Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    Did everyone know George was discovered by Bruno Samartino and brought to Pittsburgh for Studio Wrestling with Bruno and was named Steele after the Steel city? I wonder if he's a Steelers fan?
    That reminds me of a photoshop I did! Holmgroin into George the Animal:

    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

  2. #142
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,233

    Re: Explain your board name

    Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    Did everyone know George was discovered by Bruno Samartino and brought to Pittsburgh for Studio Wrestling with Bruno and was named Steele after the Steel city? I wonder if he's a Steelers fan?
    That reminds me of a photoshop I did! Holmgroin into George the Animal:

    That's a good one!!!

  3. #143
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    20,365

    Re: Explain your board name

    Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    Did everyone know George was discovered by Bruno Samartino and brought to Pittsburgh for Studio Wrestling with Bruno and was named Steele after the Steel city? I wonder if he's a Steelers fan?
    That reminds me of a photoshop I did! Holmgroin into George the Animal:



    The Holmgren photoshop contest was one of the best, in my opinion.


    1.15 WR Mike Evans, Texas A&M
    2.46 TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington
    3.97c ILB Shayne Skov, Stanford
    4.118 CB Philip Gaines, Rice
    5.157 OT James Hurst, North Carolina
    5.173c RB Jerrick McKinnon, Georgia Southern
    6.192 CB Walt Aikens, Liberty
    6.215c DE Deandre Coleman, California
    7.230 NT Zack Kerr, Delaware

  4. #144
    Backup
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Steambath, TX
    Posts
    158

    Re: Explain your board name

    Mine is just a play on my first name that my kids came up with. I guess I get a bit determined and focused when it comes to playing games. Even y wife says its appropriate.

    I also like what I've seen of Mike Tomlin, so when I signed up I threw the extra letter in to make it more Steeler-ish.

  5. #145
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,233

    Re: Explain your board name

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomlinator
    Mine is just a play on my first name that my kids came up with. I guess I get a bit determined and focused when it comes to playing games. Even y wife says its appropriate.

    I also like what I've seen of Mike Tomlin, so when I signed up I threw the extra letter in to make it more Steeler-ish.
    so you're the guy who unleashes hell during a friendly game of Chutes and Ladders?

  6. #146
    Backup
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Steambath, TX
    Posts
    158

    Re: Explain your board name

    Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomlinator
    Mine is just a play on my first name that my kids came up with. I guess I get a bit determined and focused when it comes to playing games. Even y wife says its appropriate.

    I also like what I've seen of Mike Tomlin, so when I signed up I threw the extra letter in to make it more Steeler-ish.
    so you're the guy who unleashes hell during a friendly game of Chutes and Ladders?
    Oh yeah! It's never to early to teach those important life lessons!

  7. #147
    o sensei
    Guest

    Re: Explain your board name

    The name refers to the father and creator of aikido which was introduced to me when I was in the military. I was young, ignorant, arrogant, I had studied other martial arts in my youth and thought I was a badass. An officer from an armor unit saw me practicing kicks with a bag at the gym one day, told me my form was junk(not the word he used), which resulted in a challenge, which resulted in me flat on my face with my left hand in my right ear and a "pudgy asian guy" holding me down, telling me I was stupid and reckless.

    What followed probably sounds like some lame idea for a film, but this guy eventually changed my direction, my attitude...my military career for sure...and clearly helped me become a better man which has allowed me to be a far better husband and father later in life than I would have been. He fell to cancer 4 years ago and I helped carry him to his final resting place in hawaii. So, I honor him wherever I can, silly as it may seem.

  8. #148
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,233

    Re: Explain your board name

    Quote Originally Posted by o sensei
    The name refers to the father and creator of aikido which was introduced to me when I was in the military. I was young, ignorant, arrogant, I had studied other martial arts in my youth and thought I was a badass. An officer from an armor unit saw me practicing kicks with a bag at the gym one day, told me my form was junk(not the word he used), which resulted in a challenge, which resulted in me flat on my face with my left hand in my right ear and a "pudgy asian guy" holding me down, telling me I was stupid and reckless.

    What followed probably sounds like some lame idea for a film, but this guy eventually changed my direction, my attitude...my military career for sure...and clearly helped me become a better man which has allowed me to be a far better husband and father later in life than I would have been. He fell to cancer 4 years ago and I helped carry him to his final resting place in hawaii. So, I honor him wherever I can, silly as it may seem.
    pain does not exist in this dojo, does it?

    (n)o sensei

  9. #149
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    20,365

    Re: Explain your board name

    Quote Originally Posted by o sensei
    The name refers to the father and creator of aikido which was introduced to me when I was in the military. I was young, ignorant, arrogant, I had studied other martial arts in my youth and thought I was a badass. An officer from an armor unit saw me practicing kicks with a bag at the gym one day, told me my form was junk(not the word he used), which resulted in a challenge, which resulted in me flat on my face with my left hand in my right ear and a "pudgy asian guy" holding me down, telling me I was stupid and reckless.

    What followed probably sounds like some lame idea for a film, but this guy eventually changed my direction, my attitude...my military career for sure...and clearly helped me become a better man which has allowed me to be a far better husband and father later in life than I would have been. He fell to cancer 4 years ago and I helped carry him to his final resting place in hawaii. So, I honor him wherever I can, silly as it may seem.
    And I guess the "o" before "sensei" is a reference to "O Captain, My Captain" in which you play the part of Walt Whitman and your deceased martial arts instructor is Abraham Lincoln?

    And the Karate Kid was not a lame idea for a film, by the way. Walk left side, safe. Walk right side, safe. Walk middle, sooner or later, squish! Just like grape. Well, the new movie with Jackie Chan and Fresh Prince Jr. may be lame, but not the original with Arnold from Happy Days and Vinny's Cousin.


    1.15 WR Mike Evans, Texas A&M
    2.46 TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington
    3.97c ILB Shayne Skov, Stanford
    4.118 CB Philip Gaines, Rice
    5.157 OT James Hurst, North Carolina
    5.173c RB Jerrick McKinnon, Georgia Southern
    6.192 CB Walt Aikens, Liberty
    6.215c DE Deandre Coleman, California
    7.230 NT Zack Kerr, Delaware

  10. #150
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,233

    Re: Explain your board name

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by o sensei
    The name refers to the father and creator of aikido which was introduced to me when I was in the military. I was young, ignorant, arrogant, I had studied other martial arts in my youth and thought I was a badass. An officer from an armor unit saw me practicing kicks with a bag at the gym one day, told me my form was junk(not the word he used), which resulted in a challenge, which resulted in me flat on my face with my left hand in my right ear and a "pudgy asian guy" holding me down, telling me I was stupid and reckless.

    What followed probably sounds like some lame idea for a film, but this guy eventually changed my direction, my attitude...my military career for sure...and clearly helped me become a better man which has allowed me to be a far better husband and father later in life than I would have been. He fell to cancer 4 years ago and I helped carry him to his final resting place in hawaii. So, I honor him wherever I can, silly as it may seem.
    And I guess the "o" before "sensei" is a reference to "O Captain, My Captain" in which you play the part of Walt Whitman and your deceased martial arts instructor is Abraham Lincoln?

    And the Karate Kid was not a lame idea for a film, by the way. Walk left side, safe. Walk right side, safe. Walk middle, sooner or later, squish! Just like grape. Well, the new movie with Jackie Chan and Fresh Prince Jr. may be lame, but not the original with Arnold from Happy Days and Vinny's Cousin.
    Who knew Arnold likes to wax off so much.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •