Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Time to put it to a vote

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Time to put it to a vote

Quote Originally Posted by cruzer8
    Quote Originally Posted by Djfan
    Last I checked this is a privately controlled board. The owner can ban whomever he wishes.

Loser boy won't lose any free speech rights. He can say anything he wants. Just not here.
    You are quite correct. I always laugh when it comes to issues like this and someone plays the free speech card. Internet message boards do not fall under the category of free speech. So that card can be put back in hand and played when actually appropriate.

I used to post (occasionally) at triblive and what this muttonhead is doing is what led to that forum being shut down.

I put the guy on ignore but it doesn't matter because people keep quoting him. There will always be people who will continue to respond to his idiocy. No matter how inane and baseless his claims are and no matter how clear his bogus agenda may be, someone will always feel the need to respond. And it ends up bleeding into multiple threads so there is no escaping it by avoiding only certain threads.

He is the classic definition of an internet message board troll (In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion) and there is no place here for someone like that. He is ruining this forum, and what's truly sad about it is that he's being allowed to do so.

This is a great forum for discussing the Steelers. Get rid of this guy and let it continue to be a great forum.

For those of you who think this is about him bashing Ben, it's not that at all. It's about his obsession with one topic and bringing that one topic into every post. It's about him posting his opinion over and over again on that one topic and presenting that opinion as fact. It's about him outright making sh!t up to further his inane agenda.

It's time to take out the garbage, and he is just that: garbage.
    You are right free speech is not an issue here. But, your vote doesn't really change anything either. You don't hold any authority, and this issue has already been brought to the attention of the mods many times. Heck, I think there are as many posts from folks annoyed by this guy as there are annoying posts from this guy. You are really just fanning the flames. If most of us ignore him, he'll go away or, in the least, fade into oblivion.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Starter

User Info Menu

As long as someone doesn't refer to Tomlin as an overpaid j*****r everything else posted on here is cool with me.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MicroBioSteel
    Last time i checked this was still America....free speech.
    People can talk to themseleves as much as they want but that doesn't mean people have to listen nor are other obligated to provide them a forum.

You cannot go to an Obama speech and disrupt it by shouting your opinions at him. If you did that you would be removed from the forum. No difference here. When your sole purpose is to disrupt you can and should be removed.

Our Constitution provides for the right of free speech but it does not guarantee unrestricted opportunity to speak. People miss that difference.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL
    People don't have to reply to other posters. Especially when we all have stances on different subjects/issues that involve the Steelers. It's comical that some people continue to keep the issues going by replying to posts.

There are fans out there that don't want any part of Ben being a Steeler. It is those fans right to feel that way. The game goes beyond the field for many fans. Ben did something wrong in the minds of many fans. As a result, many are suffering the repercussions of his actions. There is no one to blame but Ben.
    Well said. Most of the undesireable posters can be "frozen out" if other posters would just have enough self discipline to not respond to anything they write. They only survive on this board because people can't control their impuleses to respond to them. That is exactly the "rise" they are trying to get. If you respond you give them the power.

Let them post their crap which is essentially the same thing over and over and ignore it. The post then drops to the bottom of the list and vanishes from the front page. It isn't hard.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL
    People don't have to reply to other posters. Especially when we all have stances on different subjects/issues that involve the Steelers. It's comical that some people continue to keep the issues going by replying to posts.

There are fans out there that don't want any part of Ben being a Steeler. It is those fans right to feel that way. The game goes beyond the field for many fans. Ben did something wrong in the minds of many fans. As a result, many are suffering the repercussions of his actions. There is no one to blame but Ben.
    Well said. Most of the undesireable posters can be "frozen out" if other posters would just have enough self discipline to not respond to anything they write. They only survive on this board because people can't control their impuleses to respond to them. That is exactly the "rise" they are trying to get. If you respond you give them the power.

Let them post their crap which is essentially the same thing over and over and ignore it. The post then drops to the bottom of the list and vanishes from the front page. It isn't hard.
    Now I know what's happening to all my goofy threads

Rookie

User Info Menu

People can talk to themseleves as much as they want but that doesn't mean people have to listen nor are other obligated to provide them a forum.

You cannot go to an Obama speech and disrupt it by shouting your opinions at him. If you did that you would be removed from the forum. No difference here. When your sole purpose is to disrupt you can and should be removed.

Our Constitution provides for the right of free speech but it does not guarantee unrestricted opportunity to speak. People miss that difference.
    There are accounts of people who were detained by the authorities for wearing an Anti-Bush t-shirt at a George W. Bush rally despite the fact that they SAID nothing...

The point is, it doesn't stop at speech...if people can be booted for a t-shirt, then they can be booted from a message board for inane, incoherent and completely stupid rambling...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

can this person we look to ban play center

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick

There are accounts of people who were detained by the authorities for wearing an Anti-Bush t-shirt at a George W. Bush rally despite the fact that they SAID nothing...

The point is, it doesn't stop at speech...if people can be booted for a t-shirt, then they can be booted from a message board for inane, incoherent and completely stupid rambling...
    I have no isue with dissenting opinions because I have a choice to ignore them. The problem is when someone comes to the board with the primary intent to disrupt. It's pretty obvoius who does that and they can and should be removed. Giving them warnings is usually a waste of time because their only intent is to detract from the board and draw attention to themselves. Those type of posters are just playing ego games seeing how many other posters they can get reacting to them.

Starter

User Info Menu

I have no isue with dissenting opinions because I have a choice to ignore them. The problem is when someone comes to the board with the primary intent to disrupt. It's pretty obvoius who does that and they can and should be removed. Giving them warnings is usually a waste of time because their only intent is to detract from the board and draw attention to themselves. Those type of posters are just playing ego games seeing how many other posters they can get reacting to them.
    That is exactly it. He's here for one reason and one reason only. And that reason is to disrupt the good thing we have here.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cruzer8

That is exactly it. He's here for one reason and one reason only. And that reason is to disrupt the good thing we have here.