Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Time to put it to a vote

Starter

User Info Menu

Time to put it to a vote

This place is for fans to discuss the Steelers. We should all have some say in what goes on here. There is someone here (you all know who I'm talking about) who does not belong here. He is here for no other purpose than to cause trouble with his incessant rants that have no basis in fact. There are other Steelers forums that allow and actually encourage that type of thing. This isn't supposed to be one of them.

It's time for him to go. I vote that the troll be banned. As soon as possible.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Time to put it to a vote

Quote Originally Posted by cruzer8
    This place is for fans to discuss the Steelers. We should all have some say in what goes on here. There is someone here (you all know who I'm talking about) who does not belong here. He is here for no other purpose than to cause trouble with his incessant rants that have no basis in fact. There are other Steelers forums that allow and actually encourage that type of thing. This isn't supposed to be one of them.

It's time for him to go. I vote that the troll be banned. As soon as possible.

He has been put on notice. Give him time, he will hang himself with his continued monomaniacal rants.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Backup

User Info Menu

Last time i checked this was still America....free speech.

Legend

User Info Menu

Last I checked this is a privately controlled board. The owner can ban whomever he wishes.

Loser boy won't lose any free speech rights. He can say anything he wants. Just not here.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Starter

User Info Menu

If bashing Ben is a crime feel free to ban me. Whether he committed a crime or not, I don't like him representing my team. The reason he received the punishment that he did is because he is one of the faces of the NFL and the Steelers. If it were anyone else, they would have got a slap on the wrist, but Ben is a 2 time Super Bowl winner for the 6 time world champs, the Pittsburgh Steelers. If even a quarter of what has been said about him is true he should have been suspended for the year. Winning football is a great thing, but if a loser in the community is doing it, then I have trouble being a fan. To top it off he put the Rooney's, the people who gave him the opportunity, and all the Steeler faithful in a very bad position. Screw Ben.

Legend

User Info Menu

People don't have to reply to other posters. Especially when we all have stances on different subjects/issues that involve the Steelers. It's comical that some people continue to keep the issues going by replying to posts.

There are fans out there that don't want any part of Ben being a Steeler. It is those fans right to feel that way. The game goes beyond the field for many fans. Ben did something wrong in the minds of many fans. As a result, many are suffering the repercussions of his actions. There is no one to blame but Ben.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

No way. I think the guy is mentally unstable, poorly educated, and overly preoccupied with bashing Roethlisberger-but he is a Steelers fan. However much I may disagree with his opinions, I think he should be free to express them. Until he starts attacking other posters without provocation, I see no reason to give him the boot.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan
    Last I checked this is a privately controlled board. The owner can ban whomever he wishes.

Loser boy won't lose any free speech rights. He can say anything he wants. Just not here.
    You are quite correct. I always laugh when it comes to issues like this and someone plays the free speech card. Internet message boards do not fall under the category of free speech. So that card can be put back in hand and played when actually appropriate.

I used to post (occasionally) at triblive and what this muttonhead is doing is what led to that forum being shut down.

I put the guy on ignore but it doesn't matter because people keep quoting him. There will always be people who will continue to respond to his idiocy. No matter how inane and baseless his claims are and no matter how clear his bogus agenda may be, someone will always feel the need to respond. And it ends up bleeding into multiple threads so there is no escaping it by avoiding only certain threads.

He is the classic definition of an internet message board troll (In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion) and there is no place here for someone like that. He is ruining this forum, and what's truly sad about it is that he's being allowed to do so.

This is a great forum for discussing the Steelers. Get rid of this guy and let it continue to be a great forum.

For those of you who think this is about him bashing Ben, it's not that at all. It's about his obsession with one topic and bringing that one topic into every post. It's about him posting his opinion over and over again on that one topic and presenting that opinion as fact. It's about him outright making sh!t up to further his inane agenda.

It's time to take out the garbage, and he is just that: garbage.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I vote to ban cruzer8. He attacked another poster in our community by calling him a muttonhead.

I feel that violates the code of conduct.

Everyone just chill out. We could probably all be banned for one reason or another, so let's quit with the calling out and trying to put things to a vote. We have moderators and they do their job just fine.

Legend

User Info Menu

Since I'm not even sure who you're talking about, I vote we keep him or her.