Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Time to put it to a vote

Pro Bowler

Re: Time to put it to a vote

Quote Originally Posted by JTP53609
    can this person we look to ban play center

that almost made me spit my coffee.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...asian07/RJ.jpg[/quote]

go to http://www.thebreastcancersite.com to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Huge thanks to AA for all the help with the signature.

I personally don't care for banning a guy with opinions that differ from most. It is obvious this person is just trying to be irritating. What is more irritating is people actually respond to him. It's not like you are going to win any argument against him. Half of his ramblings make no sense. All he is looking for is attention and those that respond to him are giving him that attention.

If we stop responding then he will go away. Why don't we try that before we recommend the ban option?
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85
    I personally don't care for banning a guy with opinions that differ from most. It is obvious this person is just trying to be irritating. What is more irritating is people actually respond to him. It's not like you are going to win any argument against him. Half of his ramblings make no sense. All he is looking for is attention and those that respond to him are giving him that attention.

If we stop responding then he will go away. Why don't we try that before we recommend the ban option?
    As I said, all it takes is self discipline. Just don't respond and his posts will die.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

FWIW:

1) My enjoyment of this forum has gone down lots since he started posting. I can't escape his drivel, and have no desire to read it.
    2) There will always be someone one (or two or three) who won't ignore the guy. There's no way this forum becomes the 1st in history to make a troll go away by ignoring him. It's like economic sanctions - SOMEONE is going to break rank.
    3) Putting him on ignore therefore doesn't work - he's like oil in the Gulf, his stuff seeps into lots of threads "just below the surface".
    4) So the choices are: a) he gets tired of winding everyone up and leaves on his own (never happen), b) he keeps posting as he does and whatever happens to the forum happens , c) he is banned.

I agree with one of the posters above - he brings a certain attitude to this forum that is reminiscent of the Triblive before it imploded.

My

P.S. Maybe he should be suspended for at least 4 weeks, pending results of counselling

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan
    FWIW:

1) My enjoyment of this forum has gone down lots since he started posting. I can't escape his drivel, and have no desire to read it.
    2) There will always be someone one (or two or three) who won't ignore the guy. There's no way this forum becomes the 1st in history to make a troll go away by ignoring him. It's like economic sanctions - SOMEONE is going to break rank.
    3) Putting him on ignore therefore doesn't work - he's like oil in the Gulf, his stuff seeps into lots of threads "just below the surface".
    4) So the choices are: a) he gets tired of winding everyone up and leaves on his own (never happen), b) he keeps posting as he does and whatever happens to the forum happens , c) he is banned.

I agree with one of the posters above - he brings a certain attitude to this forum that is reminiscent of the Triblive before it imploded.

My

P.S. Maybe he should be suspended for at least 4 weeks, pending results of counselling
    I vote for a 6 week suspension that can be reduced to 4 weeks with counseling and good behavior. :P

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL
    People don't have to reply to other posters. Especially when we all have stances on different subjects/issues that involve the Steelers. It's comical that some people continue to keep the issues going by replying to posts.

There are fans out there that don't want any part of Ben being a Steeler. It is those fans right to feel that way. The game goes beyond the field for many fans. Ben did something wrong in the minds of many fans. As a result, many are suffering the repercussions of his actions. There is no one to blame but Ben.
    Well said. Most of the undesireable posters can be "frozen out" if other posters would just have enough self discipline to not respond to anything they write. They only survive on this board because people can't control their impuleses to respond to them. That is exactly the "rise" they are trying to get. If you respond you give them the power.

Let them post their crap which is essentially the same thing over and over and ignore it. The post then drops to the bottom of the list and vanishes from the front page. It isn't hard.

I don't really care if he/she is banned or not, but the problem with your scenario is that some perfectly good threads may end up in oblivion before they have run their course for discussion.

Pappy

2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    People don't have to reply to other posters. Especially when we all have stances on different subjects/issues that involve the Steelers. It's comical that some people continue to keep the issues going by replying to posts.

There are fans out there that don't want any part of Ben being a Steeler. It is those fans right to feel that way. The game goes beyond the field for many fans. Ben did something wrong in the minds of many fans. As a result, many are suffering the repercussions of his actions. There is no one to blame but Ben.
    Well said. Most of the undesireable posters can be "frozen out" if other posters would just have enough self discipline to not respond to anything they write. They only survive on this board because people can't control their impuleses to respond to them. That is exactly the "rise" they are trying to get. If you respond you give them the power.

Let them post their crap which is essentially the same thing over and over and ignore it. The post then drops to the bottom of the list and vanishes from the front page. It isn't hard.

I don't really care if he/she is banned or not, but the problem with your scenario is that some perfectly good threads may end up in oblivion before they have run their course for discussion.

Pappy
    You can keep a thread alive without ever responding to a single post from a troublesome poster. They can post a hundred times but if you don't quote them or respond to them they are essentially froze out of the discussion.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Quote Originally Posted by papillon

Pappy
    You can keep a thread alive without ever responding to a single post from a troublesome poster. They can post a hundred times but if you don't quote them or respond to them they are essentially froze out of the discussion.
    That's true and sometimes that tactic gets in the way of the flow of the discussion. I agree with you, don't respond if you don't like the message or the tone. It will all work out at some point.

Pappy

2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB

I think any member who is here merely to speak about one subject and obviously just stir the pot needs to go. Cruzer is right...free speech is not a given on an internet message board. I think every community has a right to keep itself troll free. We have a couple guys who just signed up to troll during the Ben fiasco. Who knows if they are Raven trolls or what.

But, personally I just ignore those guys...skip past their posts and don't respond to them. Anyway the community decides to handle it is fine by me. They don't even raise my eyebrow.

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by JTP53609
    can this person we look to ban play center
    He's been playing center all along ... you know "center of a-tension!" :P