Thread: Tomlin takes over Roethlisberger's football camp

Tomlin takes over Roethlisberger's football camp

Tomlin takes over Roethlisberger's football camp

Posted by Michael David Smith on May 25, 2010

Apparently realizing that parents don't view him as a positive role model for their children, Ben Roethlisberger has bowed out of the camp that was previously known as the Ben Roethlisberger Football Camp.

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin will take his place at what's now being called the Coach Tomlin Football Camp, which will still take place as scheduled in late June at a Pennsylvania high school.

"At the request of Ben Roethlisberger, I have agreed to host this year's Youth Football Camp," Tomlin said in a statement given to the Associated Press. "Ben has expressed his hopes that this outstanding community program can continue despite his absence as he addresses issues regarding his personal life. The camp already has a significant number of kids signed up who are expecting a great experience, and both Ben and I want to make sure they are not disappointed."

The camp has 20 corporate sponsors, and although none threatened publicly to pull out, the A.P. raises the possibility that the companies' unease with Roethlisberger's off-field behavior influenced Roethlisberger's decision to pull out.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ball-camp/

HeHateMe

Re: Tomlin takes over Roethlisberger's football camp

I tip my hat to those parents who protested the RAPIST.

Legend

The parents didn't protest. In fact a lot of the parents are upset because Ben won't be there.

Quote Originally Posted by HeHateMe

"I hate him. Everybody says I'm supposed to be polite when I talk to you all, but I hate him..." "He talks too much, he doesn't make sense, he's fat, he's sloppy, he acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's ugly, he stinks, his mouth stinks, his breath stinks, and basically his soul stinks, too.

"Not too many people have personalities like that and survive in life. I don't know how he does it."

-Kris Jenkins on Warren Sapp

Pro Bowler
    Mineral Ridge, Ohio (Where the standard of expectation does not change)!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HeHateMe
    Wow dude...just wow.
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

Quote Originally Posted by Crash
    The parents didn't protest. In fact a lot of the parents are upset because Ben won't be there.
    It was because the Area 51 committee received an ESP command from the aliens in the Obama administration to not allow Ben, the future president of NAMBLA to be there, since it might upset the recruiting for the future Tri-Lateral Commision interns who might be present.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    http://www.anewsong.com

My son's first Kansas Turkey!