Thread: OT Malkin

Hall of Famer

OT Malkin

just heard on ESPN that people in Pittsburgh want Malkin traded.... WTF is wrong with the people in that town. who don't they want to trade?
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

Earn Some Bitcoins

PBMining

http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Re: OT Malkin

Some morons simply don't know what they got til it's gone. Pittsburghers have been absolutely spoiled by having the best players in the world on their team for the better part of the last 25 years (Mario, Jagr, Sid, Geno...no other franchise in all of pro sports can come close to comparing to that). Luckily, the only opinions that matters here are those belonging to Ray Shero, Dan Bylsma, Mario Lemieux, etc. None of those guys are that stupid.

How would you possibly get equal value in return? Having two of the best players in the world, Geno and Sid with equal $8.7 million cap numbers, we aren't completely shackled by monster contracts that prevent us from improving the team around them (we were also able to extend contracts of guys like Staal, Letang, Orpik, etc.). I like Malkin's 5 year $43.5 million deal a lot more than Ovechkin's 13 year $124 million behemoth contract, personally.

Pro Bowler

Luckily those fans don't run the team. Malkin isn't going anywhere but I'm all for putting Staal on the 2nd line and moving Geno to wing (this is another rumor making it's rounds).

In other news, I heard that Sid bought a place in Pittsburgh and is moving out of Mario's house. He's 22 and ready to get out on his own........insert Ben joke here...

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks
    Luckily those fans don't run the team. Malkin isn't going anywhere but I'm all for putting Staal on the 2nd line and moving Geno to wing (this is another rumor making it's rounds).

i've been saying to do that the last couple of years.

1. Its easier to find a less expensive 3rd line center, then a capable top 6 winger.... frees up some cap room

2. geno and staal have showed some chemistry in the past.

3. it would have to up staal's numbers playing with an offensive force adding to his value in case you do have to trade someone down the line

Hall of Famer

Malkin's effort in the playoffs was spotty. They need to find a way to keep him motivated. He dominated play at times and played foolishly and lazily at others. He is an unbelievable talent.

The problem with putting him on STaal's line is that Staal greatest value is in shutting down the other team's top line. I'm not sure who does that if you move Staal
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood
    Malkin's effort in the playoffs was spotty. They need to find a way to keep him motivated. He dominated play at times and played foolishly and lazily at others. He is an unbelievable talent.

The problem with putting him on STaal's line is that Staal greatest value is in shutting down the other team's top line. I'm not sure who does that if you move Staal
    Agreed on Staal. Malkin offensively would fit with Staal, but not in the all around game.

IF the plan was to make Malkin a winger then I think he needs to go with Crosby. Just try and make them into an unstoppable offensive force and let the other lines pitch in somewhat and play the defensive roles.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock
    Quote Originally Posted by steelblood

Agreed on Staal. Malkin offensively would fit with Staal, but not in the all around game.

IF the plan was to make Malkin a winger then I think he needs to go with Crosby. Just try and make them into an unstoppable offensive force and let the other lines pitch in somewhat and play the defensive roles.
    Yes! Why can we have a Super Line?
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.