Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Madden: If Steelers start 4-0 w/ Lefty, he'll remain starter

Re: Madden: If Steelers start 4-0 w/ Lefty, he'll remain starter

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    lefty is average at best. he was awful last season which is not all that encouaging going into this season. josh freeman played better than lefty did in tampa with the same offense. no way lefty will ever start instead of ben, that is stupid.
    Leftwich can play better then average. We should all hope he plays well for the sake of the team.

In fairness, I don't think Leftwich had a real good opportunity to prove anything in Tampa. He will get an opportunity with a better Steelers team.

Ben was yanked for Leftwich in 2008. Never know what will happen over the coarse of a season. Especially, if Leftwich plays well his first 4 games and Ben plays poorly in his return.
    For the good of the team I really do hope that Lefty can at least manage the offense to a win or two. That said, he's two years older since he last played as a Steeler. He's had shots as the starting guy for teams that weren't that good for pity's sake and couldn't do a positive thing with either of them.

IMO, he's below average for an NFL starter but a solid backup guy so I hope that with a better supporting cast he does what good backups do and get some wins until the main man gets back.

Legend

Yes Ben scored on a ONE YARD dive.
    Wrong. The Steelers take over on the Skins 13.

A sack for -1 yard and then a Starks holding penalty gives the Steelers a second and 21 from the Skins 24.

Ben hits Holmes for 9 yards.

Ben hits Ward for 14 yards on 3rd and 12.

Ben then scores on a one yard sneak.

Secondly, he hit Nate Washington in the HANDS in the endzone and Nate DROPPED the pass. WHY didnt the poster mention that?
    Because it didn't happen. Leftwich actually threw the ball too far inside. Had he thrown it to Nate's outside shoulder maybe makes the catch, but I think Samuel breaks it up anyway. It wasn't a great throw and it wasn't a drop.

Jim Johnson doesnt believe in a PREVENT ESPECIALLY IN A ONE POSSESSION GAME lol
    Terrific, but guess what? A 9 point lead is a TWO POSSESSION GAME lol.

This an ERRONEOUS POST.
    I agree, so stop making them.

Legend

Ben was yanked for Leftwich in 2008
    Ben was never "yanked" for Leftwich. Byron played when Ben was hurt or in scrap time.

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by Crash
    Ben was never "yanked" for Leftwich. Byron played when Ben was hurt or in scrap time.
    I remember Ben being pulled at halftime because he had an awful game against Washington that year. I stand corrected if it was due to an injury.

Legend

Ben was not yanked. He injured his shoulder when he scored.

HeHateMe

Yes Ben scored on a ONE YARD dive.
    Wrong. The Steelers take over on the Skins 13.

A sack for -1 yard and then a Starks holding penalty gives the Steelers a second and 21 from the Skins 24.

Ben hits Holmes for 9 yards.

Ben hits Ward for 14 yards on 3rd and 12.

Ben then scores on a one yard sneak.

Fact is that scoring drive was DUE to the BLOCKED PUNT as I said. You semantic approach bores me. In the end WHO played better BEN OR BYRON. Tell the truth and shame the devil.

[quote:s5l2z0dz]Secondly, he hit Nate Washington in the HANDS in the endzone and Nate DROPPED the pass. WHY didnt the poster mention that?
    Because it didn't happen. Leftwich actually threw the ball too far inside. Had he thrown it to Nate's outside shoulder maybe makes the catch, but I think Samuel breaks it up anyway. It wasn't a great throw and it wasn't a drop.

Question- DID the ball hit Nate IN HIS HANDS OR NOT? YES IT DID. Go to the drops of 2008 and SEE that Nate was given a DROP for that game. DUUUUH. Fact is he drove the Steelers DOWN THE FIELD when Ben could not. Fact is THERE WAS NO PREVENT DEFENSE, WHY would Johnson go to a prevent in a CLOSE game? DO TELL LOL LIAR LOL

Jim Johnson doesnt believe in a PREVENT ESPECIALLY IN A ONE POSSESSION GAME lol
    Terrific, but guess what? A 9 point lead is a TWO POSSESSION GAME lol.

It wasnt a NINE point game when Leftwich was SUPPOSEDLY facing this PREVENT defense that you erroneously posted. As I will PROVE, the Eagles scored a fg to make it a TWO possesion game with ONE MINUTE left in the game.
    http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/200809211 ... /box-score
    So take your BIASED analysis somewhere else sir, you OBVIOUSLY DON'T know what you are talking about. LOL
    This an ERRONEOUS POST.
    I agree, so stop making them.[/quote:s5l2z0dz]

I THINK I HAVE PROVED WHO IS ERRONEOUS AND WHO IS NOT. LOL

Legend

he was yanked.

He was dinged up but we have all seen Ben in far worse condition and still play decent football.

"The starting QB next game will be the one who practices all week"
    -Tomlin.

that quote told us a lot about Ben's lack of reps with the first team. Sure enough,

HeHateMe

That is INCORRECT, Ben COULD have played the 2nd half of the Skins game but Tomlin decided to go with Leftwich due to Ben's bad play. After Ben played like *ss the next week (Colts) Tomlin told Ben if he doesnt practice he is not playing, he will play Leftwich. Ben decided to practice.

Correct.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by HeHateMe
    That is INCORRECT, Ben COULD have played the 2nd half of the Skins game but Tomlin decided to go with Leftwich due to Ben's bad play. After Ben played like *ss the next week (Colts) Tomlin told Ben if he doesnt practice he is not playing, he will play Leftwich. Ben decided to practice.
    I thought the quote was after the Skins game. Ben didn't have a bad game against the Colts. He had a bad throw to end the half that gave the Colts momentum but he was pretty good.