Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: We make the playoffs according to SI!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: We make the playoffs according to SI!

Pretty much everybody picked us to make the playoffs last year too. If I recall, the SB champs were returning most everyone and had a soft schedule.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think if you look at all the prognosticators they are all dead most of the time.

I don't like King, but he's no worse at it than the rest of them.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by aggiebones
    I think if you look at all the prognosticators they are all dead most of the time.

No, he is worse than most.

I remember back in 2007, Peter King said the AFC East would be the best division in football. Then the Dolphins won 1 game, Jets 4 and the Bills 7.

It's one thing to be wrong about individual teams, but to claim one division as the best in the league and then they end up being the worst that season? He's just horrible...

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm guessing you meant to say "dead wrong" here, but it was funny thinking about zombie sportswriters for a second.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jom112

No, he is worse than most.

I remember back in 2007, Peter King said the AFC East would be the best division in football. Then the Dolphins won 1 game, Jets 4 and the Bills 7.

It's one thing to be wrong about individual teams, but to claim one division as the best in the league and then they end up being the worst that season? He's just horrible...
    Peter King is the worst guy to ever give a prediction... whatever he says, do the exact opposite and you will make money.

At first i thought he just wanted to get clicks but the guy is like Skip Bayless.. he just says stuff because he has too..
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Peter King is the worst guy to ever give a prediction... whatever he says, do the exact opposite and you will make money.

At first i thought he just wanted to get clicks but the guy is like Skip Bayless.. he just says stuff because he has too..
    I still hope we make the playoffs though!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz

I still hope we make the playoffs though!
    Here! Here!
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

This King prediction isn't like the Madden curse, I hope.

We actually do better when people say we suck. I wish he hadn't said that!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan

I dont know, its not like he picked us to win the SB. We still have room to exceed expectation.

I think King is just trying to make an unexpected pick so he seems like a genius if it works out. and of course he can just bury it if it does not come to pass..
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan

He predicted us to be the worst of all of the playoff teams. Maybe that means we'll get top seed instead!
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.