Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We make the playoffs according to SI!

Hall of Famer

We make the playoffs according to SI!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/w ... ing/1.html

12. Pittsburgh. Surprise: They survive a month without Ben Roethlisberger to eke out the final spot over New England and Houston, assuming Roethlisberger's ban is only four weeks. -- I hope Dennis Dixon gets a shot the first four weeks, because he's good enough to win with. But they'll need defensive playmaking from LaMarr Woodley and Troy Polamalu to win at least twice while they make do at quarterback. This is the true test of a good coach, making sure your team wins when it's not at its best. Mike Tomlin didn't do a great job at that last year. But he's young, he's still learning, and I think he'll respond better this summer in camp and in September.

Sorry Gloom and Doomers
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Pro Bowler
    Mineral Ridge, Ohio (Where the standard of expectation does not change)!!!

Re: We make the playoffs according to SI!

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/05/16/ranking/1.html

12. Pittsburgh. Surprise: They survive a month without Ben Roethlisberger to eke out the final spot over New England and Houston, assuming Roethlisberger's ban is only four weeks. -- I hope Dennis Dixon gets a shot the first four weeks, because he's good enough to win with. But they'll need defensive playmaking from LaMarr Woodley and Troy Polamalu to win at least twice while they make do at quarterback. This is the true test of a good coach, making sure your team wins when it's not at its best. Mike Tomlin didn't do a great job at that last year. But he's young, he's still learning, and I think he'll respond better this summer in camp and in September.

Sorry Gloom and Doomers
    We should make the playoffs assuming Ben is Ben when he returns. If we can go at least 2-2, I'm confident Ben & the recharged running game can win 9 of the last 12.
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

Last year SI predicted the Saints to go 6-10. So their prediction doesn't mean too much.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by plainnasty
    Last year SI predicted the Saints to go 6-10. So their prediction doesn't mean too much.
    OK... thats -1

What was their percentage of accurate playoff predictions?
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Lets skip the regular season and go with what SI says!!!! I think we make the playoffs too, but I'm pretty sure the NFL doesn't care about either of our predictions and still play the regular season, just in case....

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel
    OK... thats -1

SI has more than one set of predictions. You reference Peter King.

Looking to Peter King for accurate predictions is like going to MC Hammer for financial advice.

King record?

07 He predicted the Bengals for the North, with Steelers missing the playoffs. He had the Saints and Chargers in the SB
    - Real result? Steelers won the North. Giants over NE in the SB.

08 he had the Browns from the north and we miss the playoffs entirely. NE and Dallas in the SB
    - Real result- We win the division and the SB over the Cards. He had NEITHER SB team making the playoffs at all.

09 He had the Steelers winning the North division, and NE over the Bears in the SB.
    - Real result, we failed to make the playoffs. Saints and Colts in the SB.

Last three seasons he was dead wrong about our division every year. Did not hit on a single SB participant.

While I am not a hater, Peter King is the last one I would look to for any kind of confidence in the Steelers. He is more like the "kiss of death".

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming

Looking to Peter King for accurate predictions is like going to MC Hammer for financial advice.

that's pretty funny stuff right there! i'm gonna have to use that one...

Pro Bowler

[quote=Captain Lemming]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Discipline of Steel":26mwsik5
    OK... thats -1

King record?

07 He predicted the Bengals for the North, with Steelers missing the playoffs. He had the Saints and Chargers in the SB

08 he had the Browns from the north and we miss the playoffs entirely. NE and Dallas in the SB
    - Real result- We win the division and the SB over the Cards. He had NEITHER SB team making the playoffs at all.

09 He had the Steelers winning the North division, and NE over the Bears in the SB.

Last three seasons he was dead wrong about our division every year. Did not hit on a single SB participant.

While I am not a hater, Peter King is the last one I would look to for any kind of confidence in the Steelers. He is more like the "kiss of death".[/quote:26mwsik5]

Or like going to Britney Spears for a geography lesson. Or was it Jessica Simpson who said "I've never been overseas" when asked if she'd ever been to Canada.

Hall of Famer

[quote=Captain Lemming]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Discipline of Steel":2uusfg8r
    OK... thats -1

King record?

While I am not a hater, Peter King is the last one I would look to for any kind of confidence in the Steelers. He is more like the "kiss of death".[/quote:2uusfg8r]

Excellant work Cap'n! I think Ill stick his predictions in the Nostradamus thread so we all have someone to beat up on.

Pro Bowler

I liked the M.C. Hammer analogy very much....let me use a few others,

like asking Ray Lewis how to become a better person
    like asking Don King how to comb ones hair
    like asing Tiger Woods how to be faithful
    like asking for advice on how to run a baseball team from dave littlefield