Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: our WR situation

Pro Bowler

Re: our WR situation

Question is:
    Is this group of WRs any better or worse than the ones that were on the last 2 SB teams?

I'd say not much different.
    In the last game, we had only a few even on the roster at the end and Ward was completely lame (injured) in that game. It was Holmes or bust.
    In the '05 game, Randle El threw a nice pass to Ward, but that was about it.

So we have plenty of fire power there assuming no big letdowns in performance.

Re: our WR situation

Quote Originally Posted by aggiebones
    Question is:
    Is this group of WRs any better or worse than the ones that were on the last 2 SB teams?

I'd say not much different.
    In the last game, we had only a few even on the roster at the end and Ward was completely lame (injured) in that game. It was Holmes or bust.
    In the '05 game, Randle El threw a nice pass to Ward, but that was about it.

So we have plenty of fire power there assuming no big letdowns in performance.
    i agree as it stands right now... the problem is depth.

what do you think the chances are that all of our starting receivers will stay healthy the whole season?

the problem with losing hines and ARE and going with a rookie is you lose the experience in hot read/check down situations. opposing teams know this and will blitz the hell out of us. we need one more veteran WR with speed.