Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: Steelers - Worst Case Roster Scenarios

  1. #11
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Posts
    1,501

    Re: Steelers - Worst Case Roster Scenarios

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Last November (before he was placed on injured reserve), Jamal Lewis announced that he planned to retire after the 2009, so I assume that he is through with football.
    You're right, he did. But in another interview he indicated he was sick of the losing situation in Cleveland & might have another go 'round. But let's say he's done, who would you look to next?...Justin Fargas? Chris Brown?...or do you wait for a salary cap casualty? There's a myriad of ways it could go, I just wanted to see what everyone's thoughts were.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

  2. #12
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hey Roger...
    Posts
    3,833

    Re: Steelers - Worst Case Roster Scenarios

    Im probably most worried about safety where, if either starter went down, our only depth is the unproven starter Will Allen and the proven unstarter in Ryan Mundy. But hey, maybe Tomlin likes what he sees in Mundy, I dont know...
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

  3. #13
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,755

    Re: Steelers - Worst Case Roster Scenarios

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Life
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Last November (before he was placed on injured reserve), Jamal Lewis announced that he planned to retire after the 2009, so I assume that he is through with football.
    You're right, he did. But in another interview he indicated he was sick of the losing situation in Cleveland & might have another go 'round. But let's say he's done, who would you look to next?...Justin Fargas? Chris Brown?...or do you wait for a salary cap casualty? There's a myriad of ways it could go, I just wanted to see what everyone's thoughts were.
    i love justin fargas!! the guy is so underrated. i would take him over chris brown or jamal lewis any day. also i dont think the bears are going to part with greg olson any time soon. he also has a huge contract. if heath gets hurt this season and misses time we will be in some serious trouble.

  4. #14

    Re: Steelers - Worst Case Roster Scenarios

    Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel
    Im probably most worried about safety where, if either starter went down, our only depth is the unproven starter Will Allen and the proven unstarter in Ryan Mundy. But hey, maybe Tomlin likes what he sees in Mundy, I dont know...
    I agree that an injury at either safety spot, especially to Troy, would be the biggest blow to the team.

    In addition to those listed in the original post, I'd also be very worried about an injury to Starks. Scott (from Buffalo, not the draft pick), has played some LT in the past, as has Essex, but I'd be very worried about either of them having to log any significant time at the position.

  5. #15
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    23,414

    Re: Steelers - Worst Case Roster Scenarios

    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Life
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Last November (before he was placed on injured reserve), Jamal Lewis announced that he planned to retire after the 2009, so I assume that he is through with football.
    You're right, he did. But in another interview he indicated he was sick of the losing situation in Cleveland & might have another go 'round. But let's say he's done, who would you look to next?...Justin Fargas? Chris Brown?...or do you wait for a salary cap casualty? There's a myriad of ways it could go, I just wanted to see what everyone's thoughts were.
    i love justin fargas!! the guy is so underrated. i would take him over chris brown or jamal lewis any day. also i dont think the bears are going to part with greg olson any time soon. he also has a huge contract. if heath gets hurt this season and misses time we will be in some serious trouble.
    I just think it is awesome that his Dad was Huggy Bear from Starsky and Hutch.



    Final Ruthless Mock:
    1.22 CB Marcus Peters, 6'0" 197 lbs., Washington
    2.56 FS Damarious Randall, 5'11" 196 lbs., Arizona State
    3.87 TE Clive Walford, 6'4" 251 lbs., Miami
    4.121 DE Henry Anderson, 6'6" 294 lbs., Stanford
    5.160 WR Titus Davis, 6'1" 196 lbs., Central Michigan
    6.199 OLB Kyle Emanuel, 6'3" 255 lbs., North Dakota State
    6.212c OLB Max Valles, 6'5" 251 lbs., Virginia
    7.239 RB John Crockett, 6'0" 217 lbs., North Dakota State

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •