Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Roethlisberger could return next week

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Roethlisberger could return next week

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan
    Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNation1
    Roethlisberger is said to be working out and in good shape physically and mentally and that he wants to meet the challenge of rebuilding his reputation head-on.
    I agree, let us hope that he emerges as a better player and person.
    I hope he can turn this around, and I plan to be the biggest supporter of the efforts. Not that it matters, but I don't want to jump on the PC bandwagon of man-bashing. I prefer to bash the overtly biased Commish and the drunk underaged lush who kept changing her story.

Count me in on this one too. I can't say I am happy with the decisions our QB has made, but I'm not abandoning him either. He gets one more shot with me. If he screws up again, well, it proves he just doesn't get it and never will.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller
    I don't understand that hatred for the commish, when it is Ben who was the idiot. Just throwing the blame at a dart board and whoever it hits you hate? Interesting.
    I agree that Ben acted like an idiot but the last I knew we don't punish people for being stupid. Ben is not guilty of anything except for not living up to some imaginary standard that the Commissioner has in his head.

I have very specific reasons why I hate the commish and it has nothing to do with a dart board. I find it interesting the support he receives when he threatens players that if they avail themselves of their constitutional rights to contest his decision he will make the penalty more severe. So this is just one instance of a guy who is supposedly interested in the image of the NFL acting like a thug. Can you say hipocracy?
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't understand that hatred for the commish, when it is Ben who was the idiot. Just throwing the blame at a dart board and whoever it hits you hate? Interesting.
    I am not a big fan of some of the moves the commish made i.e over seas games. I do believe that he cares about the image of the league.

I agree that if people want to direct their disappointment it should be directed at Ben. Can't really blame the people that hand down the punishment. That punishment was probably needed to help Ben straighten himself out and put perspective on the direction his life was headed.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz
    Those that would bash the Comish need to bash the Rooney's too.

They asked for the suspension to come from the league so that it could be more than the max 4 games the team could give.
    Fair enough- I do blame them as well.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL
    I am not a big fan of some of the moves the commish made i.e over seas games. I do believe that he cares about the image of the league.

I agree that if people want to direct their disappointment it should be directed at Ben. Can't really blame the people that hand down the punishment. That punishment was probably needed to help Ben straighten himself out and put perspective on the direction his life was headed.
    I also believe that he cares about the image of the league, but I also think he takes it too far. I wonder how many of those guys hugging him on draft day will be in his doghouse in the next year our two?

I indeed can blame those that handed down the punishment. It is not for the league to take an interest in the direction of Ben's life. If he does something wrong then punish him, but, IMO, 6 games is an awful lot for buying shots for college girls.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85
    I agree that Ben acted like an idiot but the last I knew we don't punish people for being stupid. Ben is not guilty of anything except for not living up to some imaginary standard that the Commissioner has in his head.

I have very specific reasons why I hate the commish and it has nothing to do with a dart board. I find it interesting the support he receives when he threatens players that if they avail themselves of their constitutional rights to contest his decision he will make the penalty more severe. So this is just one instance of a guy who is supposedly interested in the image of the NFL acting like a thug. Can you say hipocracy?

Legend

User Info Menu

When we look at all of his actions with the understanding they are taken with goal of keeping the money flowing into the owners' bank accounts, they are much easier to understand. Nothing to do with morality, ethics, etc . ... just television rights, marketing, and filling the stadia.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Alright Goodell, your fracking POS, let Ben rejoin the team. This is getting beyond ridiculous.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan

When we look at all of his actions with the understanding they are taken with goal of keeping the money flowing into the owners' bank accounts, they are much easier to understand. Nothing to do with morality, ethics, etc . ... just television rights, marketing, and filling the stadia.
    There's been no change in ratings or stadium attendance since Goodell instituted his policy.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cruzer8
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan

There's been no change in ratings or stadium attendance since Goodell instituted his policy.
    People WILL and perhaps ARE becoming more discriminating with their money nowadays due to the new rules of the economy. I think it will show eventually with attendance and more quickly with concessions and nfl gear!

And so it should be. Why are only the elite not affected right now?