Thread: Deshea Townsend...a great example of paying it forward

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Deshea Townsend...a great example of paying it forward

[url="http://postgazette.com/pg/10137/1058724-66.stm"]http://postgazette.com/pg/10137/1058724-66.stm[/url]

Hope this model works for others as it is in Altoona. A great humanitarian cause for Deshea to be involved.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Deshea Townsend...a great example of paying it forward

Thanks for passing this information along, because a big-time media outlet like ESPN would give something good like this one-millionth of the attention that they give negative stories like Roethlisberger, Cushing, Vick, Plaxico, etc.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Nice story, thanks!!

Maybe if we post enough on this thread, some bot will bring it to ESPN's attention or something!!

BTW - why is he a free agent? I will always associate him with that pic against Dallas, to get us to the playoffs (and the Superbowl !! ) two years ago.

I guess his play went down or something?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan
    BTW - why is he a free agent?
    He'll be 35 years old at the start of the season. At a position predicated on speed like CB, you don't see too many freaks of nature like Darrell Green lasting into their late 30's.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

devilsdancefloor

thanks for posting a great story! id like to see him back in black and gold, but will allen is now wearing 26 so i am guessing that is slim to none. I think he would make a good FS or nickel or dime guy. He isnt the fastest guy, but he has that savy vet sneakiness about him, plus i believe he was the only DB last year to have a INT for the steelers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by devilsdancefloor
    thanks for posting a great story! id like to see him back in black and gold, but will allen is now wearing 26 so i am guessing that is slim to none. I think he would make a good FS or nickel or dime guy. He isnt the fastest guy, but he has that savy vet sneakiness about him, plus i believe he was the only DB last year to have a INT for the steelers.
    Deshea was the first cornerback to get an interception last year (other defensive backs like Troy Polamalu and Ryan Clark had interceptions last season, though). His interception came in the last game of the season in Miami (although fellow cornerback Ike Taylor had an interception later in that same game against the Dolphins).

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I never looked at Deshea while he was sporting Woodsons number and thought, this dude is killing Rods legacy or that guy just doesn't look right wearing that 26. The fact of the matter is, I never thought of it at all.

Deshea was a gift to this team when as a starter. Very underated.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig
    I never looked at Deshea while he was sporting Woodsons number and thought, this dude is killing Rods legacy or that guy just doesn't look right wearing that 26. The fact of the matter is, I never thought of it at all.

Deshea was a gift to this team when as a starter. Very underated.
    Much respect to Townsend. Great read.
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.