Thread: All Pro voting

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

All Pro voting

The Pittsburgh Steelers: As a result of LB Brian Cushing’s suspension, the Associated
    Press called for a re-vote for its annual All-Pro Team, and James Harrison and
    LaMarr Woodley ended up making second-team All-Pro. Cushing had earned enough
    votes to be placed on the All-Pro second team. In the new count, Harrison and Chicago’s
    Lance Briggs tied for fourth behind Woodley and all three are on the All-Pro
    second team.

I saw this on my facebook page via steelers.com

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: All Pro voting

I love to see our Steeler boys getting some props, but what a suck way to get them.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    I love to see our Steeler boys getting some props, but what a suck way to get them.
    I agree... it's like only starting because of an injury... I'll take it though...

Legend

User Info Menu

I think both Woodley and Cushing were voted All Pro second team at the end of the season. Since Cushing gets stripped of that honor, they replaced him with the guy with the next most votes, which happened to be a tie between Harrison and Briggs.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers' Harrison earns another honor
    Thursday, May 13, 2010
    Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    [url="http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10133/1057952-100.stm"]http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10133/1057952-100.stm[/url]

More than four months after the 2009 season ended, Steelers linebacker James Harrison earned another honor.

Harrison joined teammate LaMarr Woodley on the Associated Press All-Pro second team as a result of an unprecedented revote conducted this week.

The AP called for a revote of the 50 media members on its panel after the NFL suspended linebacker Brian Cushing of the Houston Texans for the first four games of the season for testing positive for a performance-enhancing drug in 2009. Cushing won the NFL defensive player of the year award in the original AP vote in a landslide, and earned enough votes to be placed on the All-Pro second team.

Ballots were recast for the rookie of the year award and for the outside linebackers on the All-Pro team. Cushing remained the winner of the rookie award in a much closer vote, but lost his spot on the All-Pro team.

In the new count, Harrison and Lance Briggs of the Chicago Bears tied for fourth behind Woodley and all three are on the All-Pro second team.

Harrison was first-team All-Pro in 2008 when he won the NFL defensive player of the year award. He also has made the past three Pro Bowls.

Read more: [url="http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10133/1057952-100.stm#ixzz0nsVFsl4d"]http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10133/10 ... z0nsVFsl4d[/url]

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.