Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bryant McFadden: A Closer Look at His Lone Season in Arizona

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Bryant McFadden: A Closer Look at His Lone Season in Arizona

This story has gotten me pumped up for the season. Let's do this Steelers!
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Legend

User Info Menu

if i recall the play corrctly

Gay had a good shot of drilling AP just as the ball arrived possibly causing an INC. but he delayed, let AP catch and turn and was caught flatfooted and was promptly driven to the ground.

possibly more discouraging then just being "a bad tackler"

Legend

User Info Menu

This is why BMac will always be one of the biggest SUPERHEROS OF ALL TIME in my book till the day they put me in a pine box (or freeze my head next to Ted's):

One one-hundredth of a step slower and we'd all be living in some weird alternate universe where we never won XL, etc., etc.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser
    In other words, we'd better hope that Worlids and Gibson are just what the doctor ordered to fix the ailing pass rush? Because they are the only players added to really address that need. I wonder how much either of them will actually see the field this season?
    a healthy A.smith will help out the pass rush a lot and hopefully a better season from james harrison and timmons wouldnt hurt either. i wouldnt count on any of the rookies making a big impact this season. i dont know if gibson can play st's but i think worlids will do very well on st's
    This defense is like an engine....there are several components that can break and cause it to not operate effectively.

Troy is obviously one of those components, and A. Smith is another. They both do so much for this D and were missed terribly last year as they were in 2006. Their return makes our pass rush work better which makes the job of our corners much easier. A. Smith may be the most underrated Steeler of the 21st century!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan
    This is why BMac will always be one of the biggest SUPERHEROS OF ALL TIME in my book till the day they put me in a pine box (or freeze my head next to Ted's):

One one-hundredth of a step slower and we'd all be living in some weird alternate universe where we never won XL, etc., etc.

you are absolutely correct, without this outstanding defensive play we don't win the Super Bowl that year!

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

And, if memory serves correctly, he was a ROOK at the time.

Gasp ... a rookie contributing to Bad Word LeBeau's defense????!!!!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o.
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser
    In other words, we'd better hope that Worlids and Gibson are just what the doctor ordered to fix the ailing pass rush? Because they are the only players added to really address that need. I wonder how much either of them will actually see the field this season?
    a healthy A.smith will help out the pass rush a lot and hopefully a better season from james harrison and timmons wouldnt hurt either. i wouldnt count on any of the rookies making a big impact this season. i dont know if gibson can play st's but i think worlids will do very well on st's
    This defense is like an engine....there are several components that can break and cause it to not operate effectively.

Troy is obviously one of those components, and A. Smith is another. They both do so much for this D and were missed terribly last year as they were in 2006. Their return makes our pass rush work better which makes the job of our corners much easier. A. Smith may be the most underrated Steeler of the 21st century!!
    That is a very insightful comment.

Say the same thing about the OL. It's about performance as a unit not individuals.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Rookie

User Info Menu

Even if the CB is small, he needs to be heady if he misses a tackle...

In 2005, DeShea Townsend totally got trucked by Jamal Lewis in a game vs. Baltimore...

On the way down, DeShea stripped the ball from Lewis, forcing a fumble deep inside Baltimore territory...

Plays like that are why I miss DeShea...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Scouts Inc. on Bryant McFadden

May, 17, 2010
    By James Walker

Cornerback Bryant McFadden is back with the Pittsburgh Steelers after a one-year hiatus, and based on the team's recent minicamp, he is the favorite to be the starter in 2010.

McFadden took more money last season to sign a free-agent deal with the Arizona Cardinals, only to be traded back to Pittsburgh on draft day. The AFC North blog checked in with Scouts Inc.'s Matt Williamson to get a recap on McFadden last season and to look ahead.

Williamson: "I thought McFadden was mildly disappointing in Arizona. The expectations may have been a little too high, and I don’t think his supporting cast helped him as much as it did in Pittsburgh -- the pass rush wasn’t as strong. They asked McFadden to do a little more man [coverage] than he would’ve liked. He is ideally suited to be a little ways off the line, letting things develop in front of him, and attack things vigorously downhill to try and break the play up. He does that really well, and I think that's generally what the Steelers ask out of their corners. Not to mention, with all the off-the-field things that have gone on in Pittsburgh, I don't think it's a coincidence they've brought back several strong locker room guys from the Super Bowl teams."

[url="http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...ryant-mcfadden"]http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...ryant-mcfadden[/url]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Backup

User Info Menu

McFadden is a good tackling corner with average coverage skills. Labeau will be able to take advantage of those skills just like he did in 2008.

I am as excited about McFadden's return as I am disappointed in Holmes's being traded to the Jets.
    The Steelers’ went through seven consecutive drafts (2003-09) without taking an offensive lineman in the first two rounds, the longest such streak by any franchise this century.