Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bryant McFadden: A Closer Look at His Lone Season in Arizona

Hall of Famer

Re: Bryant McFadden: A Closer Look at His Lone Season in Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser
    In other words, we'd better hope that Worlids and Gibson are just what the doctor ordered to fix the ailing pass rush? Because they are the only players added to really address that need. I wonder how much either of them will actually see the field this season?
    a healthy A.smith will help out the pass rush a lot and hopefully a better season from james harrison and timmons wouldnt hurt either. i wouldnt count on any of the rookies making a big impact this season. i dont know if gibson can play st's but i think worlids will do very well on st's
    A better season from Harrison would absolutley help. Two sacks in the final eight games is not what he needs to deliver.

Timmons was not the problem. If anything he greatly improved the ability to get to the QB by adding the dimension of the inside blitz. Timmons had 7 sacks and 4 forced fumbles from the ILB position last season as a 22 year old first year full-time starter. And that was missing 2 games due to injury and playing hurt in a couple others.

The best totals that James Farrior ever had in his career were 6.5 sacks and 3 forced fumbles (not in same season). The best totals larry Foote ever had were 4 sacks and 3 forced fumbles.

Yet we continue to hear that Timmons needs to get better. The argument gets more ridiculous every time it is stated.
    thats a good point i guess what timmons could improve on is his run support not rushing the qb. i still think timmons is better suited to play OLB because of his speed and ability to rush the qb. he was hurt a good part of the first half of last season. maybe i just expect to much out of him. his coverage skills are excellent though which has to be the main reason he plays ILB. i didnt think timmons had a bad year i just expected a little more since he put big numbers the previous year when he was sharing time with foote

Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    McFadden is a solid tackler and that's Gay's weakness.

This defense needs CBs that can prevent the big play and McFadden fits the Steelers CB mold perfectly. Glad he's back.

$$$

Pro Bowler

In other words, we'd better hope that Worlids and Gibson are just what the doctor ordered to fix the ailing pass rush? Because they are the only players added to really address that need. I wonder how much either of them will actually see the field this season?
    a healthy A.smith will help out the pass rush a lot and hopefully a better season from james harrison and timmons wouldnt hurt either. i wouldnt count on any of the rookies making a big impact this season. i dont know if gibson can play st's but i think worlids will do very well on st's
    A better season from Harrison would absolutley help. Two sacks in the final eight games is not what he needs to deliver.

Timmons was not the problem. If anything he greatly improved the ability to get to the QB by adding the dimension of the inside blitz. Timmons had 7 sacks and 4 forced fumbles from the ILB position last season as a 22 year old first year full-time starter. And that was missing 2 games due to injury and playing hurt in a couple others.

The best totals that James Farrior ever had in his career were 6.5 sacks and 3 forced fumbles (not in same season). The best totals larry Foote ever had were 4 sacks and 3 forced fumbles.

Yet we continue to hear that Timmons needs to get better. The argument gets more ridiculous every time it is stated.
    Totally agree on Timmons. I think Keisel and Timmons are the unsung heroes of this defense. And I think both had super high expectations in their first full seasons because they were spectacular in backup roles.

No one has Timmons burst. And no other big 3-4 DE has Brett Keisel's speed/athleticism.

In fairness to Harrison, he was injured and playing with one arm at the end of last season. There were several times he couldn't wrap someone up and you could really see that he was hurting.
    But Timmons can and will get better! He sometimes takes bad angles to the ball and throws his body at tacklers instead of wrapping up. Those are things he will improve on. I also feel that he will make more and more big plays as he progresses. The play that I will remember from last year that shows how explosive Timmons is was the last game against Miami when he shot up the middle like a torpedo and leveled the Miami QB. I've never seen a LB shoot thru a gap like that. I see why Tomlin likes those "fast twitch" guys. Timmons could become a very special player if he puts it all together.

This defense needs CBs that can prevent the big play and McFadden fits the Steelers CB mold perfectly. Glad he's back.

Flippy hereby nominated for understated poster of the year!!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Pro Bowler

The only thing that would make that photo better is if Peterson's foot was planted in the middle of Gay's chest!

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan

You'd be hard pressed to find any corner in the NFL who could take on AP head on and win that battle.

At least he took him on unlike that corner for the Chargers who's now with the Jets. Dude totally shied away from the running back when he had a clear shot at him. And it was from the side, not head on.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

It's odd that McFadden left one former Steeler reunion (Porter, Haggans, Faneca, etc.) in order to join another former Steeler reunion (Randle El, Foote, Leftwich, etc.).

Pro Bowler

At defending the run, yes, he does. No argument on pass-rush.

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    It's odd that McFadden left one former Steeler reunion (Porter, Haggans, Faneca, etc.) in order to join another former Steeler reunion (Randle El, Foote, Leftwich, etc.).

McFadden was asked to leave...

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by cruzer8
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan

You'd be hard pressed to find any corner in the NFL who could take on AP head on and win that battle.

At least he took him on unlike that corner for the Chargers who's now with the Jets. Dude totally shied away from the running back when he had a clear shot at him. And it was from the side, not head on.
    I think that was Antonio Cromartie. Some good all that athleticism does if you aren't willing to employ it. On a positive note, not tackling there allowed him to set a personal record for bicep curls on his first workout following the game.