Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ESPN power ranking the steelers

ESPN power ranking the steelers

Pittsburgh Steelers

Power ranking: No. 19

Analysis: The conditional six-game suspension of quarterback Ben Roethlisberger had a tremendous impact on this voting, as it should. With Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh is a top-10 team. Without him, I believe this ranking is pretty accurate. The Steelers will have to win games early with defense and running the ball next season. Dennis Dixon, Charlie Batch or Byron Leftwich do not have the capability to throw for 350 yards every week. So it's going to be a struggle for Pittsburgh to score points in September. An average or slow start could be looming.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_ ... report.com

Here is the whole list:
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings?year=2010&week=0

Re: ESPN power ranking the steelers

All propaganda, Ben will come back with a fire lit under him. We're going to dominate and go deep into the playoffs. I'm feeling it.
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Since when did the Steelers need a QB to throw for 350 yards to win games? There's a horse that's been kept in the gate for too long with a #34 on his back. Hopefully Arians finally wises up and let's him carry this team.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by steelernation77
    Since when did the Steelers need a QB to throw for 350 yards to win games? There's a horse that's been kept in the gate for too long with a #34 on his back. Hopefully Arians finally wises up and let's him carry this team.
    you answered your own question as soon as you said "Arians"
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

Earn Some Bitcoins

PBMining

http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

A #19 "ranking?" This ain't college football people, this is the N.F.L. dammit!!!! Ranking football teams is for amateurs!

Legend

Probably about right with our QB missing a minimum of 4 games and huge question marks about our WRs.

Shaping up for another 9-7 season unless the defense becomes absolutely remarkable. That will be a big order given the deficiencies we saw last season.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Probably about right with our QB missing a minimum of 4 games and huge question marks about our WRs.

Shaping up for another 9-7 season unless the defense becomes absolutely remarkable. That will be a big order given the deficiencies we saw last season.
    IMO, some of those deficiencies on D have been filled. Troy and Aaron Smith are healthy, replacing Gay with McFadden and adding Foote as depth at ILB will do nothing but help. I'm expecting a nice bounce back year from the defense.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks

IMO, some of those deficiencies on D have been filled. Troy and Aaron Smith are healthy, replacing Gay with McFadden and adding Foote as depth at ILB will do nothing but help. I'm expecting a nice bounce back year from the defense.
    I'm mostly concerned about Harrison hitting "the wall" and only getting 2 sacks in the last 8 games. Foote IMO is a non-factor unless he replaces Farrior, but remember that Foote is coming back from his own injuries, i.e. foot (no pun). Bmac has much to prove because he was one of the worst CBs in the NFL last year. Maybe it was Arizona's scheme or maybe it was Bmac.

From everything I have read, we don't know whether Troy is healthy. By his own words at mini-camp he doesn't know.

That's why Polamalu who prefers training on his own during the offseason and isn't a big fan of participating in minicamps and voluntary practices wanted to test his knee during recent team workouts in shorts and pads.

He said his knee feels much better. However, he added some words of caution.

"Right now, I feel fine," Polamalu said. "(But) I don't know what happens when we start tackling."
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar

We will go 3-1 in Ben's absense and 9-3 when he comes back. We will win the division and the Superbowl.
    @_Hellgrammite

Exactly my sentiments.