Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SI Article On Ben

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: SI Article On Ben

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser
    But the reach is deepest in Pittsburgh, where within a few days of the Milledgeville revelations Roethlisberger was dumped by both the Pittsburgh Zoo (which replaced a life-sized display of the quarterback with one of Penguins owner Mario Lemieux) and by PLB Sports, which halted production of Big Ben's Beef Jerky.

WOW that is funny! Now with Big Ben's Beef Jerky put away he can become a better person!!
    They probably could have tripled the price of the Beef "Jerk"y and it would have flown off the shelves. They coulda donated proceeds to a womans' shelter.

Legend

User Info Menu

anybody else think Ben's eyes are kinda weird looking in this picture?

can he look off both safeties at the same time with those eyes?

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

More reporting innuendo & heresay as fact...nothing in this story would hold up in a court of law. It's done - can we get past this now?...please?!?!
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    anybody else think Ben's eyes are kinda weird looking in this picture?

can he look off both safeties at the same time with those eyes?

That's because they transposed half of his face. They took a picture of him, cut it in half and then flipped the one side to the other like looking in a mirror. It does make him look weird but that was the intention. The premise of the article was to show Ben in a bad light. I'm sure they looked long and hard trying to find something that would resemble an orange jumpsuit or prison stripes.

I don't know if any of this is true or not but the one sided smear doesn't give them a lot of credibility in my book. Ben could be this big of an arsehole but then why would people be afraid to take credit for their comments? Is he some sort of mafia guy who would retaliate against their family?

The other thing that bothers me is I remember the stink being made after his accident about Ben REFUSING to say that he would wear a helmet when riding his bike.

As long as Ben didn't rape or assault anyone I really don't care how boorish his behavior is. I don't have to deal with him or anyone else on the team for that matter. I just cheer for them during football season.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick
    So, basically this article states that Ben did nothing wrong but be an @$$ho!e and generate bad PR...
    Sounds like about every other Rock Star I know. At least Ben never trashed a hotel room- so far as I know.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Sometimes, while driving, I switch to Madden just to see what he's babbling about. Everything he's said so far about ben, I'm in total agreement with. He said the SI article is just piling on. Why no mention of the good Ben, like, and I never knew this, Ben actually helped Madden's terminally ill mother quite a bit while she was dying. They were neighbors. Plus the dozens of other good stories about ben, they're never mentioned with the bad.

Madden also went on to say how this city is horrible to it's sports stars. From Marino being a coke addict, to the Cowher and Barasso affairs, the Korky being gay rumors and now the non stop Ben bashing. What's up with this place?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JAR
    Sometimes, while driving, I switch to Madden just to see what he's babbling about. Everything he's said so far about ben, I'm in total agreement with. He said the SI article is just piling on. Why no mention of the good Ben, like, and I never knew this, Ben actually helped Madden's terminally ill mother quite a bit while she was dying. They were neighbors. Plus the dozens of other good stories about ben, they're never mentioned with the bad.

Madden also went on to say how this city is horrible to it's sports stars. From Marino being a coke addict, to the Cowher and Barasso affairs, the Korky being gay rumors and now the non stop Ben bashing. What's up with this place?

maybe Pittsburgh is too close to Philadelphia?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Backup

User Info Menu

I have been critical of Big Ben from the beginning about the incident in Georgia, but this latest article from Sports Illustrated is piling on with a vengeance. There apparently wasn't any rumor or inneuendo floating around that was deemed unworthy of including in this piece of yellow journalism. But they couldn't manage to work in anything about what Ben does for the Make-A-Wish Foundation or the Ronald McDonald House. That isn't too surprising since SI has been a totally worthless rag for decades now. Big Ben is already paying a high price for whatever character flaws he may have, it's time to stop piling on and let the man work it out.

HeHateMe

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by HeHateMe
    SI article comes out tomorrow. Once again our PROUD franchise will be under the microscope because of the actions of ONE. Ben will don the cover and his FILTHY actions will be exposed once more. Followed by thousands of EXCUSES by his fans to explain this "witch hunt". SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIISH
    Ummm...that article is out now. There is a link to it on the first post of this thread. That was kinda the point of this thread.
    Its out ONLINE. It comes out in the magazine on thursday. AS I SAID

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

But, I thought we got rid of Santonio? Why do we still have to answer to this dirt?