Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: At Least He Wasn't Tackled By Deebo

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: At Least He Wasn't Tackled By Deebo

Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    I don't see the taser stopping the stabbing.

I do think it's kinda funny that it happened in Philly. I wonder if this would go over well in middle america, somewhere like Milwaukee - although the way they beat up on our Buccos, I'd be ok with tasering their whole team next time we play them

I think we all know there is no RIGHT answer to this. I just think people, not necessarily you flippy, but a lot of those who are really trashing the rent-a-cops here, are way too sympathetic to those who break the rules or break the law.

Legend

User Info Menu

i got an idea for you son...

how about you don't run onto the field next time?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel

It happened again here tonight in Philly.....This time no taser. Fans in this city are idiots.

Rookie

User Info Menu

I grew up in Pittsburgh but now live in Philly and everyone I know here is not phased in the least that the kid got tasered. If you're gonna do something stupid, you have to pay the price. I wonder if the kid will end up suing. Nothing surprises me any more.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by proudpittsburgher
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    I don't see the taser stopping the stabbing.

I do think it's kinda funny that it happened in Philly. I wonder if this would go over well in middle america, somewhere like Milwaukee - although the way they beat up on our Buccos, I'd be ok with tasering their whole team next time we play them

I think we all know there is no RIGHT answer to this. I just think people, not necessarily you flippy, but a lot of those who are really trashing the rent-a-cops here, are way too sympathetic to those who break the rules or break the law.
    I definitely think the kid's a knucklehead and at fault here. And cops gotta do what they gotta do. But shooting someone seems over the top to me and a little dangerous.

Maybe they should use horse tranquilizers?????

Or they should just stop playing sports in Philly. Some kid got killed last year after a Philly game. Eagles fans are typically obnoxious. And I hate the Flyers because they play cheap.

I bet you could fix this by penalizing the team and the city. Maybe exclude Philly from the playoffs.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel

It happened again here tonight in Philly.....This time no taser. Fans in this city are idiots.
    not sure if I can get this to post-

<object width="384" height="216" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" id="ESPN_VIDEO" data="http://espn.go.com/videohub/player/embed.swf" allowScriptAccess="always" allowNetworking="all"><param name="movie" value="http://espn.go.com/videohub/player/embed.swf" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/><param name="wmode" value="opaque"/><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><param name="allowNetworking" value="all"/><param name="flashVars" value="id=5164563"/></object>

only in Philly :shakes head

LOL

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5164889&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines "]http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/stor ... NHeadlines[/url]

PHILADELPHIA -- A 34-year-old man who ran on the field at a Phillies game to chants of "Tase him!" has been charged with marijuana possession, criminal mischief, disorderly conduct and other counts.

Police say Thomas Betz, of Warminster, Pa., hopped over the left-field fence at Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia and ran along the warning track in the top of the ninth inning Tuesday, one day after a teenager was tasered in the outfield.

The crowd booed and some chanted "Tase him!" Betz was taken off the field without incident.

Betz's voicemail is full and he could not immediately be reached Wednesday.

In the wake of Monday's encounter, police are considering whether officers should get involved in on-field chases. Officers didn't run on the field Tuesday.

Steve Consalvi, the 17-year-old who was tasered Monday, is facing defiant trespass, resisting arrest and disorderly conduct charges.