Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Montreal Series

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Montreal Series

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    This reminds me of last year's Finals. Detroit often outplayed us but we were opportunistic and won.

Pittsburgh is dominating like Detroit. But Montreal is playing great defense, has superb goaltending, and is scoring despite limited chances.

Game 7 scares the heck out of me.[/quote:rinlz42h]

me too!! fluery's playoff record after a loss is amazing though so that makes me feel a little better. i hope we get a performance from him just like the game he played in game 5. i really hope the pens can win game 7. i hate montreal so effin much. living so close to qubec is awful. french canadians make me sick
    [/quote:rinlz42h]

except for the 4 french canadians that play for us.

fluery has to have a huge game.

and malkin needs to score.

and we probably need a goal or 2 from a defenseman.

i'm looking for dupuis to be the hero of tonight's game. no player except for crosby plays so hard up and down the ice and i always feel like this guy is so deserving to score but he almost never does. and i feel like someone unexpected has to come through for us.

i'm hoping for a performance like game 7 against the capitals in the playoffs last year.

oh, yeah and go 4th line!!!!!!!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

We win 5-2 with goals by Malkin (PP), Staal, Dupuis, Goligoski (PP), and Letestu. Crosby assists on the Malkin, Dupuis, and Goligoski goals.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    We win 5-2 with goals by Malkin (PP), Staal, Dupuis, Goligoski (PP), and Letestu. Crosby assists on the Malkin, Dupuis, and Goligoski goals.
    If the game goes down just like that...you are the automatic winner of the Hockeydamus Award.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts
    It is annoying when fans with primo seats behind the benches don't adhere to the team's wishes for a white-out.

Much less annoying than the lady sitting on the glass knitting. Yes, knitting. A playoff game
    with seats on the glass and she's knitting. WTF. Seriously, knitting.
    The knitting lady was one thing...but the guy with the godd@mn monkey puppet that was wearing a Hab jersey sitting being the Pens bench. Seriously? Who didn't want to punch that guy in the ear and then kick him in his vagina?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts
    It is annoying when fans with primo seats behind the benches don't adhere to the team's wishes for a white-out.

Much less annoying than the lady sitting on the glass knitting. Yes, knitting. A playoff game
    with seats on the glass and she's knitting. WTF. Seriously, knitting.
    The knitting lady was one thing...but the guy with the godd@mn monkey puppet that was wearing a Hab jersey sitting being the Pens bench. Seriously? Who didn't want to punch that guy in the ear and then kick him in his vagina?
    I would have liked to have seen the knitting lady stab him in the eye with a knitting needle.

What a horrible game from the get go, sparked by a suspect call from the ref that put Crosby in
    the box. It just snowballed from there. The Pens looked like they were sleeping on the first 4
    goals, and finally decided to wake up after Kunitz put one in. To little to late. Now what am I
    going to do until September? Watch baseball?
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

[url]http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=5298330[/url]

Sources: Goalie Halak traded to Blues
    By Pierre LeBrun
    ESPN.com
    Updated: June 17, 2010, 3:32 PM ET

The first blockbuster deal of the NHL's offseason went through Thursday when the Montreal Canadiens dealt goalie Jaroslav Halak to the St. Louis Blues, two sources with knowledge of the trade told ESPN.com.

In return, the Canadiens receive two youngsters: center Lars Eller and winger Ian Schultz, one source said.

Halak will be a restricted free agent July 1 and has not signed a deal yet with the Blues, his agent, Allan Walsh, told ESPN.com.

"And I can add that Montreal never contacted us since the season ended," Walsh said.

Halak was one of the big stars of the Stanley Cup playoffs, helping underdog Montreal to huge upsets of Washington and Pittsburgh.

But the Canadiens felt compelled to choose between Halak and Carey Price as their starting goaltender going forward and chose the younger Price.

Pierre LeBrun covers the NHL for ESPN.com.