Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Moderator(s)?

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Moderator(s)?

Quote Originally Posted by BrownSteel
    Well can you at least have the guy with the naked girl remove that from his sig. I can't even read threads in my home or at work because I don't know when his sig will appear at the end and my kids or co-worker sees it. The naked girl has nothing to do with the Steelers, football, or the NFL.
    A request has been sent via PM.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownSteel
    Well can you at least have the guy with the naked girl remove that from his sig. I can't even read threads in my home or at work because I don't know when his sig will appear at the end and my kids or co-worker sees it. The naked girl has nothing to do with the Steelers, football, or the NFL.
    A request has been sent via PM.

I don't think that this is an unreasonable request.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Agreed on the PM. On another note, I use Firefox to browse the site and when I come across an image I don't like I right click on the image and select the block images from...works like a charm.
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Legend

User Info Menu

Or you can go into your user control panel, board preferences, then display options to take pictures out of posts.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    Agreed on the PM. On another note, I use Firefox to browse the site and when I come across an image I don't like I right click on the image and select the block images from...works like a charm.
    I do some of my work in public places. I like to read Planet Steelers there at times. Whether the girls are naked, or in negligee poses, or in a dripping wet bikini doesn't matter - these images are not suitable for my workplaces at least. So it makes it a real drag.

I tried costanza2k1's suggestion - works great! But only if you do all your work on one computer, and if people don't replace their girl pics with new ones now and then.

But if you're checking out Planet Steelers from different public computers all the time, or if the IT department periodically cleans out and refreshes the place where commands like "block pics from this site" are stored, or if the computer doesn't have firefox ... etc. etc. ... well, I'm back in the position of all of a sudden having inappropriate pics come up at work.

Could do SMG's suggestion of blocking all pics - but to be honest, that is getting pretty close to too much of a hassle for every time I want to pop in for a real quick look at the site. And besides, that would mean missing out on the sig pics of a lot of forum members (pap, ruth, others) - and as has been pointed out, these really ARE a major cool thing about this forum.

I've got nothing against girl pics per se, it's just that the location here on Planet Steelers makes it risky to read this at work sometimes. You guys that post the girl pics - knowing that it makes it hard for some of us to read the forum (work, home with wife and kids looking over the shoulder, etc.) - would you consider not posting stuff that would possibly get a fair amount of us "in trouble"?

Just my

Thanks -

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

It saves preferences so you don't have to change it every time. But, I understand the concern.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Or you can go into your user control panel, board preferences, then display options to take pictures out of posts.
    Just a reference of what Shawn is talking about

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Just a reference of what Shawn is talking about

Friends online: None
    Friends offline: None

Are you the REAL George Costanza?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

What can I say?

Legend

User Info Menu

Wow, this thread has just gotten so warm and bubbly, I might just explode!
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION