Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Who do you want to see at QB in week 1? Dixon or Leftwich?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Who do you want to see at QB in week 1? Dixon or Leftwich?

Quote Originally Posted by HeHateMe
    That Defense is the best part of our team. What do you think strikes fear in opposing teams? Its the DEFENSE. The defense was tired in the 2nd half. We won Time of Possession in most games NOT because of long drives but because of EXTRA opportunities given to our offense by our defense. We even won TOP vs the Ravens with DIXON. Was Dixon leading long drives? NO. It was our defense giving the offense extra possessions due to being stingy. By the 4th quarter they are tired. Isnt it IRONIC that all breakdowns came in the fourth qtr. Coincidence? I give Ben credit. WHO did I say was our best qb? I said it was Ben. Have I EVER called Ben a bum? NO I HAVENT. Dont I say Ben is GOOD. Yes I did OVER AND OVER. I just don't give Ben the label of GREAT. Anyone that does that is a Homer and a liar. Sorry.
    the ravens offense in the regular season wasnt all that great. they ran the ball well but were not a threat to pass on many teams. d mason was there best weapon in the passing game, that says a lot. the steelers run defense was excellent and it always is, the pass d stunk especially in the 2nd half. they were tired because they are old. the running game was better but not great especially at clock management. ben was a lot of the reason the offense put up good numbers. maybe in nfl history ben isnt GREAT yet. that is fair, but in today's nfl he is elite like it or not. btw i have never seen any post of yours except for this one that you ever gave ben any credit. i must of missed some my bad. a good example of what i am talking about is the jax playoff game in 07 when ben stunk it up in the first half. did you not watch the second half where he lead the offense in a comeback? that must of killed you huh? did ben miss any tackles on david gerrard late in the 4th qtr?

Legend

User Info Menu

here is the thing though frank... in the second half the D was amazing and had 2 INT's on a QB who rarely if ever threw INT's up to that point in his career.

Ben did have an amazing second half but there are times when Ben's amazing comebacks are due to his amazingly frustrating 2 Quarters of football after tearing it up in the first quarter. Ben is great for NFL drama... he is great for ratings.. but honestly if I was a coach I'm not sure I could handle the stress.

The guy refused to check down quickly (until last year) and would take a sack in a heartbeat instead of throwing the ball away. I'm not talking about OL breakdown sacks. 50 and 40+ sack seasons don't happen to QB's unless they don't mind getting hit.

Now it works more than it doesn't when you look at the win column.. but as far as efficiency and helping the D.. not so much.

It's funny because when some suggest Ben take less hits they say "it's what makes him great" but every year we see the "concussion, deer in headlights Ben" for 2 games that we all knew were easy W's.

I love Ben's effe it, get it back attitude but I wonder where he would rank on the elite scale if he traded a little "get sack, get it back 3rd and 15" for a few "field position, checkdown/throw it away keep it 3rd and 4.."

Our TOP was good last year... but with 50 sacks that's 50 times the clock ran like it was a running play. Imagine what a few throw away's but keep it reasonable on 3rd down and move the chains for 3 more plays could have done for us last year?

We also should have run more in the red zone... but hindsite is 20/20.

I like Ben on the field.. but he won't be on the field for long if he keeps getting hit so much.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    That Defense is the best part of our team. What do you think strikes fear in opposing teams? Its the DEFENSE. The defense was tired in the 2nd half. We won Time of Possession in most games NOT because of long drives but because of EXTRA opportunities given to our offense by our defense. We even won TOP vs the Ravens with DIXON. Was Dixon leading long drives? NO. It was our defense giving the offense extra possessions due to being stingy. By the 4th quarter they are tired. Isnt it IRONIC that all breakdowns came in the fourth qtr. Coincidence? I give Ben credit. WHO did I say was our best qb? I said it was Ben. Have I EVER called Ben a bum? NO I HAVENT. Dont I say Ben is GOOD. Yes I did OVER AND OVER. I just don't give Ben the label of GREAT. Anyone that does that is a Homer and a liar. Sorry.
    the ravens offense in the regular season wasnt all that great. they ran the ball well but were not a threat to pass on many teams. d mason was there best weapon in the passing game, that says a lot. the steelers run defense was excellent and it always is, the pass d stunk especially in the 2nd half. they were tired because they are old. the running game was better but not great especially at clock management. ben was a lot of the reason the offense put up good numbers. maybe in nfl history ben isnt GREAT yet. that is fair, but in today's nfl he is elite like it or not. btw i have never seen any post of yours except for this one that you ever gave ben any credit. i must of missed some my bad. a good example of what i am talking about is the jax playoff game in 07 when ben stunk it up in the first half. did you not watch the second half where he lead the offense in a comeback? that must of killed you huh? did ben miss any tackles on david gerrard late in the 4th qtr?
    One other thing... if Flacco and Sanchez made 2 or 3 plays in their Championship games would they be on the path to being elite or would we call them "game managers?"

I don't mind the game manager tag because it means the QB is winning... but I do wonder with rookies who weren't said to be so "great" making it to the AFC championship the last 2 years if the 2004 Whiz/Ben model(minus the amazing 13-0 record of course) will continue to be copied.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

HeHateMe

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    Why would it kill me? I'm a Steeler fan. What killed me is HOW HE PLAYED early. How Rashean was his favorite wr. Thats what killed me. Again, that game is a great example of my beef with Ben. He PLAYS WELL WHEN HE WANTS TO. Ben is the reason that we got down that big so you blame the defense for the 4th and 1 missed taclkle? CLASSIC. Ben had 4 ints and 1 fumble but it was the defense huh? Again, CLASSIC

HeHateMe

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    here is the thing though frank... in the second half the D was amazing and had 2 INT's on a QB who rarely if ever threw INT's up to that point in his career.

Ben did have an amazing second half but there are times when Ben's amazing comebacks are due to his amazingly frustrating 2 Quarters of football after tearing it up in the first quarter. Ben is great for NFL drama... he is great for ratings.. but honestly if I was a coach I'm not sure I could handle the stress.

The guy refused to check down quickly (until last year) and would take a sack in a heartbeat instead of throwing the ball away. I'm not talking about OL breakdown sacks. 50 and 40+ sack seasons don't happen to QB's unless they don't mind getting hit.

Now it works more than it doesn't when you look at the win column.. but as far as efficiency and helping the D.. not so much.

It's funny because when some suggest Ben take less hits they say "it's what makes him great" but every year we see the "concussion, deer in headlights Ben" for 2 games that we all knew were easy W's.

I love Ben's effe it, get it back attitude but I wonder where he would rank on the elite scale if he traded a little "get sack, get it back 3rd and 15" for a few "field position, checkdown/throw it away keep it 3rd and 4.."

Our TOP was good last year... but with 50 sacks that's 50 times the clock ran like it was a running play. Imagine what a few throw away's but keep it reasonable on 3rd down and move the chains for 3 more plays could have done for us last year?

We also should have run more in the red zone... but hindsite is 20/20.

I like Ben on the field.. but he won't be on the field for long if he keeps getting hit so much.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Ok, we get it. Ben is not a great QB. He drives us nuts. I know he intentionally plays like sh!t for 2 quarters out of a game so that he can be a hero and make a dramatic comeback. He doesn't put up Playstation numbers. All I know is that between Bradshaw and Ben we have had some great defensive teams along with #1 rushing offenses and once we got to the playoffs (and 1 SB)we always fell short, MOSTLY DUE TO QB PLAY. Ben came and we win two SB's. Yes, the team won them. Great defense, good coaching, clutch QB play. But we don't win those two SB's without Ben. He doesn't have to be great all of the time, just when it counts the most. I know he isn't perfect as a player. He hasn't come through in every opportunity that he has been given. But he has come through enough to make me happy as a fan. I'm glad he is our QB.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler
    Ok, we get it. Ben is not a great QB. He drives us nuts. I know he intentionally plays like sh!t for 2 quarters out of a game so that he can be a hero and make a dramatic comeback. He doesn't put up Playstation numbers. All I know is that between Bradshaw and Ben we have had some great defensive teams along with #1 rushing offenses and once we got to the playoffs (and 1 SB)we always fell short, MOSTLY DUE TO QB PLAY. Ben came and we win two SB's. Yes, the team won them. Great defense, good coaching, clutch QB play. But we don't win those two SB's without Ben. He doesn't have to be great all of the time, just when it counts the most. I know he isn't perfect as a player. He hasn't come through in every opportunity that he has been given. But he has come through enough to make me happy as a fan. I'm glad he is our QB.

me too, Ben is clutch!

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

HeHateMe

The thing is BEN DOESNT CARE. Why did Peezy call him out? For leaving 1st and showing up last. Is that someone who cares? Is that a leader? Ben had early success, got the big head and got out of control. This is the same tired slogan by all Ben Lovers "Why didnt we win the SB until we got Ben". In 05 we played the SUCKY Seahawks thats why. IF we played a better team we lose. Dindt Ben play WORSE than Neil O'donnell? He sure did! The only difference is that Neil played against the COWBOYS with Aikman, Emmitt and Irvin and WE STILL ALMOST WON. We were FORTUNATE to be playing the Seahawks in 05. Had that been the Eagles we lose just like we did with Neil. I don't see how you guys can say that a Qb who has thrown ONE TD pass and THREE ints in the Super Bowls is the REASON we have won. Those are Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer numbers LOL
    So if Ben gets credit for the SBs then who gets the blame for the 9-7 season? Or does Ben just get credit when we win? Terry Bradshaw is the ONLY QB to win Back to Back Super Bowls TWICE. Ben Roethlisberger is the only Qb to win 2 Super Bowls and MISS the playoffs the following season, TWICE. But that is not Ben's fault it is Cowhers, Whiz, Tomlin, Arians and the Defense. Got cha.

HeHateMe

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel

me too, Ben is clutch!

The Bengals site has sigs with him Clutching women. Its very graphic so be careful

Legend

User Info Menu

The Bengals site has sigs with Ben Clutching women. Its very graphic so be careful

The Bengals? Oh, you mean the team that is about to sign Pacman Jones to a contract? Maybe the Bengals should change their Tiger Stripes to Prison Stripes with all of the criminals they have had on their teams.

Pacman Jones Criminal Record

Adam ‘Pacman’ Jones is the poster child for everything that is wrong with the NFL. NFL teams continue to draft thugs and convicts without regarding for their moral character or criminal record. NFL commissioner Roger Goodell is considering a proposal where NFL players will be kicked out of the league after three strikes.

Here is a rap sheet look at all of Pacman’s brushes with the law since joining the NFL’s Tennessee Titans:

July 13, 2005- Arrested and charged with assault and felony vandalism after a nightclub altercation. This began Pacman Jones NFL rap sheet. He already had a lengthy one from high school and college.

September 5, 2005- Adam was invited to attend the Nashville Sports Council Kickoff Luncheon. Jones went off on a verbal tirade while being told to wait for his car after the event. He then refused to tip the valet service.

October 2005- State of West Virginia filed a petition stating that Jones had not been contacting his probation officer and that he had not reported his July 2005 arrest. The judge extended the probation for just 90 days.

March 23, 2006- Charged with marijuana possession in Fayetteville, Georgia. He went on to claim that he knew how to beat the NFL’s drug test.

August 25, 2006- Arrested for disorderly conduct and public intoxication after being ordered by the cops to leave a Murfreesboro night club several times. Jones claimed a woman stole his wallet. The woman claimed that Jones spat on her. The judge in the case gave Pacman six months probation and told him to stay away from the club.

October 26, 2006- Jones was issued a citation for misdemeanor assault after a female student from Tennessee State University claimed that Jones spit in her face at a Nashville night club.

Feburary 19, 2007- The facts are disputed and no charges have been made yet, but Jones was in the middle of a fight and shooting at a strip club in Las Vegas that left one man paralyzed and two more wounded. The fight broke out after Jones showered strippers on stage with $81,000 dollars. The club owner claims Jones was beating a strippers head against the bar while claiming to kill one of the club’s employees.

January 3, 2008- Pacman is accused of punching Wanda S. Jackson in the face at an Atlanta strip club called the Body Tap Strip Club. Jackson says Jones reached over the counter and sucker punched her in her left eye.

October 8, 2008- Jones got into an alcohol related incident which turned into a physical confrontation with bodyguards that had been assigned to him by the Dallas Cowboys. NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has suspended Jones indefinitely for the second time in his NFL career.

The above time line doesn’t include his sentence of one year in prison for a bar fight in Morgantown, West Virginia while in college.

[url="http://bumpshack.com/2007/03/02/pacman-jones-criminal-record/"]http://bumpshack.com/2007/03/02/pacman- ... al-record/[/url]

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha