Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 148

Thread: Who do you want to see at QB in week 1? Dixon or Leftwich?

  1. #41
    HeHateMe
    Guest

    Re: Who do you want to see at QB in week 1? Dixon or Leftwich?

    You just watch how well our offense runs in Bens absence. Of course there will be THREE Thousand excuses. There always is when it comes to Ben. If you think Leftwich can't outplay Ben then go back and look at the Browns game (remember that terrible int BEN threw in the redzone before he got rolled out of the stadium?) and Look at the Skins game (did you see the great audible Leftwich called at the line when he noticed the corner too far off of Tone? TD!) When have you seen Ben do that? Did you see Ben vs the Eagles? 8 sacks! Enter Leftwich and he burns Jim Johnsons blitz 3 times straight. Made him stop blitzing. Its called making a proper pre snap read and processing the information quickly and getting the ball out. Is he better than Ben? No. Just smarter and he has more savvy.

  2. #42
    HeHateMe
    Guest

    Re: Who do you want to see at QB in week 1? Dixon or Leftwich?

    Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler
    Quote Originally Posted by HeHateMe
    Never called anyone a moron. I don't get into namecalling etc But don't act like Ben can't be replaced, that is crazy.
    You are correct. Anyone CAN be replaced. But Ben is not going to be replaced by any QB that is on our current roster. The only way that Ben is no longer the starting QB on this team is if it by his own hand, by off the field transgressions.
    What are you basing that assessment on? Produce your source

  3. #43
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Yakima, Washington, United States
    Posts
    1,387

    Re: Who do you want to see at QB in week 1? Dixon or Leftwich?

    A lot of QB's look great in spot duty. Lefty does get rid of the ball quickly and has a great arm. But some guys just have IT and some don't. There are some plays that Lefty can make that Ben refuses too, but there are HUGE plays that Ben can make that Lefty could only dream of. I think Leftwich would get killed behind our line, at least as it was configured last season. I have no problem with Leftwich starting until Ben comes back, and I think he will/should. But if Leftwich was to start for an entire season, I guarantee you would be reminded of why he was released by the Jags and would be wishing you still had Ben.

  4. #44
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Yakima, Washington, United States
    Posts
    1,387

    Re: Who do you want to see at QB in week 1? Dixon or Leftwich?

    Quote Originally Posted by HeHateMe
    Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler
    Quote Originally Posted by HeHateMe
    Never called anyone a moron. I don't get into namecalling etc But don't act like Ben can't be replaced, that is crazy.
    You are correct. Anyone CAN be replaced. But Ben is not going to be replaced by any QB that is on our current roster. The only way that Ben is no longer the starting QB on this team is if it by his own hand, by off the field transgressions.
    What are you basing that assessment on? Produce your source
    WTF are you talking about? I'm basing it on my OPINION, just as you are.

  5. #45
    HeHateMe
    Guest

    Re: Who do you want to see at QB in week 1? Dixon or Leftwich?

    Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler
    A lot of QB's look great in spot duty. Lefty does get rid of the ball quickly and has a great arm. But some guys just have IT and some don't. There are some plays that Lefty can make that Ben refuses too, but there are HUGE plays that Ben can make that Lefty could only dream of. I think Leftwich would get killed behind our line, at least as it was configured last season. I have no problem with Leftwich starting until Ben comes back, and I think he will/should. But if Leftwich was to start for an entire season, I guarantee you would be reminded of why he was released by the Jags and would be wishing you still had Ben.
    Spot duty? Did you see Leftwich at Jax vs us? He was 2-1 vs us and Ben. Ben had the better team and Byron STILL beat him. Next excuse? IF Leftwich would get killed behind our line then HOW COME he didnt in 08? Ben got sacked galore vs the Eagles. Leftwich came in and was sacked once when he tripeed over Hartwig. Ben was getting sacked galore vs the Skins, Leftwich came in and had NONE of the same problems. Why is that? Oh probably because he makes better reads and he is a better anticipatory passer than Ben. Ben got sacked FIFTY times last season and Dixon wasnt sacked ONE TIME vs the Ravens. Next excuse? Ben was sacked 46 times in 07 and Batch plays and throws THIRTY ONE times vs the Ravens and wasnt sacked ONE TIME. Next excuse? It's not the line, it is BEN. This is a fact. Leftwich was released by the Jags? Thanks for providing yet ANOTHER case of how a FRANCHISE Qb has been sent packing. Thx.

  6. #46
    HeHateMe
    Guest

    Re: Who do you want to see at QB in week 1? Dixon or Leftwich?

    [quote=NW Steeler]
    Quote Originally Posted by HeHateMe
    Quote Originally Posted by "NW Steeler":bm7hj3s9
    Quote Originally Posted by HeHateMe
    Never called anyone a moron. I don't get into namecalling etc But don't act like Ben can't be replaced, that is crazy.
    You are correct. Anyone CAN be replaced. But Ben is not going to be replaced by any QB that is on our current roster. The only way that Ben is no longer the starting QB on this team is if it by his own hand, by off the field transgressions.
    What are you basing that assessment on? Produce your source
    WTF are you talking about? I'm basing it on my OPINION, just as you are.[/quote:bm7hj3s9]
    I'm not basing anything on OPINION. That would be YOU. I am giving you real GAME TIME situations and examples. That sir, is NOT opinion. It would fall into the category of FACT.

  7. #47
    Starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Annapolis, MD
    Posts
    888

    Re: Who do you want to see at QB in week 1? Dixon or Leftwich?

    In respect to the original question: I would love to see Dixon show us that he can be the QB I think he can. That said- if Leftwich shows he is the better option- then that is who I want in the huddle.


    Quote Originally Posted by HeHateMe
    You just watch how well our offense runs in Bens absence. Of course there will be THREE Thousand excuses. There always is when it comes to Ben. If you think Leftwich can't outplay Ben then go back and look at the Browns game (remember that terrible int BEN threw in the redzone before he got rolled out of the stadium?) and Look at the Skins game (did you see the great audible Leftwich called at the line when he noticed the corner too far off of Tone? TD!) When have you seen Ben do that? Did you see Ben vs the Eagles? 8 sacks! Enter Leftwich and he burns Jim Johnsons blitz 3 times straight. Made him stop blitzing. Its called making a proper pre snap read and processing the information quickly and getting the ball out. Is he better than Ben? No. Just smarter and he has more savvy.

    In respect to this comment- HHM is making a very valid point.

    Ben relies entirely too much upon his physical skills, and not enough on the play called or the talent of his receivers.

    Whether a conscious decision or a lack of ability- clearly Ben does not make plays based on pre-snap reads. Instead, he relies upon his ability to break down the coverage by scrambling and forcing the secondary to make commitments.

    It has been rumored that Ken Andersen retired, in part, due to the frustration of working with a QB with "one of a kind" talent and a "dime store" brain.

  8. #48
    HeHateMe
    Guest

    Re: Who do you want to see at QB in week 1? Dixon or Leftwich?

    Quote Originally Posted by ANPSTEEL
    In respect to the original question: I would love to see Dixon show us that he can be the QB I think he can. That said- if Leftwich shows he is the better option- then that is who I want in the huddle.


    Quote Originally Posted by HeHateMe
    You just watch how well our offense runs in Bens absence. Of course there will be THREE Thousand excuses. There always is when it comes to Ben. If you think Leftwich can't outplay Ben then go back and look at the Browns game (remember that terrible int BEN threw in the redzone before he got rolled out of the stadium?) and Look at the Skins game (did you see the great audible Leftwich called at the line when he noticed the corner too far off of Tone? TD!) When have you seen Ben do that? Did you see Ben vs the Eagles? 8 sacks! Enter Leftwich and he burns Jim Johnsons blitz 3 times straight. Made him stop blitzing. Its called making a proper pre snap read and processing the information quickly and getting the ball out. Is he better than Ben? No. Just smarter and he has more savvy.

    In respect to this comment- HHM is making a very valid point.

    Ben relies entirely too much upon his physical skills, and not enough on the play called or the talent of his receivers.

    Whether a conscious decision or a lack of ability- clearly Ben does not make plays based on pre-snap reads. Instead, he relies upon his ability to break down the coverage by scrambling and forcing the secondary to make commitments.

    It has been rumored that Ken Andersen retired, in part, due to the frustration of working with a QB with "one of a kind" talent and a "dime store" brain.
    Agree wholeheartedly. Whiz said the same things about Ben. Ben is good because he is on the Steelers. If he is on a bad team he is Jake Plummer.

  9. #49
    Hall of Famer ikestops85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,302

    Re: Who do you want to see at QB in week 1? Dixon or Leftwich?

    Quote Originally Posted by HeHateMe
    Montana was so ancient that he went to the Chiefs and knocked US out of the playofs. Not bad for someone who was "ancient" as you say. Montana was a FOUR TIME SB WINNING QB. It happened to a FOUR time winner but I guess it can't happen to a two time winner, LOL. Trent Green was the started and NOBODY thought that Warner would surpass him. In fact they thoght the season was over when he got hurt. Same with Favre when Majik got hurt. Same with Romo. I see you don't watch much football. Or are you just a hopeless Ben lover who thinks that the guy walks on water and can NEVER be replaced. We won SB 5 with Ben playing like crap. We were leading #6 17-7 with Ben doing nothing again. Again, Ben has ONE TD and THREE ints in BOTH SB's HOW you believe that he is the PRIMARY reason we have won is a mystery to me. But keep thinking that. I will be here to "check" you at the door. Ben is good, not great. Bradshaw was great. Ben is NO Bradshaw. But you can keep thinking that though.
    So what do Young, Brady, Warner, Favre, and Romo (although I don't see how he fits into the discussion) have in common. The answer is nobody knew how they would play in the NFL. That is not true with Leftwich. He is a known quantity and he has never been described as great. Sometime good but mostly meh. There is noway he takes over for Ben. You would have a better shot at choosing Dixon. At least he doesn't have a body of work to criticize. Of course when the Ravens switched to a zone Dixon was awfully confused and threw the interception that cost us the game. Just sayin'
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

  10. #50
    Starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Annapolis, MD
    Posts
    888

    Re: Who do you want to see at QB in week 1? Dixon or Leftwich?

    Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85
    ... Of course when the Ravens switched to a zone Dixon was awfully confused and threw the interception that cost us the game.
    I've always felt that Dixon has all the physical skills, and ultimately his success on the field will come down to his ability to read defenses.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •