Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Who do you want to see at QB in week 1? Dixon or Leftwich?

Starter

User Info Menu

Re: Who do you want to see at QB in week 1? Dixon or Leftwich?

Quote Originally Posted by HeHateMe
    Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledSteeler
    Think about it...

With Big Ben out, we will probably be running the ball about 60-70% of the snaps. Other teams will know that and will be stacking the box, even run blitzing up the middle. Who will be the best QB to expose that?

The answer is Leftwich. Not only can he play-action pass (with a strength and accuracy), he also has experience reading blitzes. Dixon can scramble away from some of those blitzes but i wonder about his ability to diagnose and call audibles/check downs at the line of scrimmage. He did play well against a very good defense in Baltimore, but it was his inexperience that lost us that game, not his athleticism. The conservative choice in the veteran is the correct decision. If Leftwich performs poorly then you bring in the rookie.
    Rookie? Dixon is going into his 3rd season. The Steelers WON'T be running it 60 or 70% of the time. They threw the ball almost 30 times in Dixion 1st start of his career. Arians is a pass 1st coordinator and he will revert to what he likes, regardless of what the Rooney's want. Playcalling is dictated by what the defense is doing. This should always be considered.
    1) Dixon has started 1 (one) game. While he may not be a 'rookie' don't try to imply he has any real game experience.

2) When the owner of your team says 'We need to run the ball more,' your team WILL run the ball more. I got a little carried away with the 70% thing but 60% is reasonable.

3) Baltimore was an exception because over the last ten years they defend the run better than just about any other team on earth, and they were stacking the box that day as well. Our only hope was to pass. Against any other team we would've run much much more.

HeHateMe

Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler
    Ben is NOT our team leader. STOP THAT. Hines and Polamalu are. They exemplify professionalism to the highest degree and they perform on the field. I think Leftwich will start and should. Dixon is not ready. I think Lefty made Ben fans NERVOUS when he was here. Ben fans don't want to see him start and do well, it could mean bad things for Ben. If that happens, I dont rule out the fact that the Steeler brass trade Ben. After the suspension is lifted, his value will go up and we could make a killing and get rid of the cancer all at once. Ben fans will HATE this idea but STEELER fans will think it's smart.
    You are insane. I am a Steeler fan first but I also like Ben as a QB. But the talk of Lefty taking Ben's job permanently is plain crazy talk.
    Pats fans said the SAME THING about Brady taking Bledsoes job. Rams fans said the same thing about Warner taking Trent Green's job. 9er fans said the same thing about Young taking Montanas job. Keep thinking that.

HeHateMe

Think about it...

With Big Ben out, we will probably be running the ball about 60-70% of the snaps. Other teams will know that and will be stacking the box, even run blitzing up the middle. Who will be the best QB to expose that?

The answer is Leftwich. Not only can he play-action pass (with a strength and accuracy), he also has experience reading blitzes. Dixon can scramble away from some of those blitzes but i wonder about his ability to diagnose and call audibles/check downs at the line of scrimmage. He did play well against a very good defense in Baltimore, but it was his inexperience that lost us that game, not his athleticism. The conservative choice in the veteran is the correct decision. If Leftwich performs poorly then you bring in the rookie.
    Rookie? Dixon is going into his 3rd season. The Steelers WON'T be running it 60 or 70% of the time. They threw the ball almost 30 times in Dixion 1st start of his career. Arians is a pass 1st coordinator and he will revert to what he likes, regardless of what the Rooney's want. Playcalling is dictated by what the defense is doing. This should always be considered.
    1) Dixon has started 1 (one) game. While he may not be a 'rookie' don't try to imply he has any real game experience.

2) When the owner of your team says 'We need to run the ball more,' your team WILL run the ball more. I got a little carried away with the 70% thing but 60% is reasonable.

3) Baltimore was an exception because over the last ten years they defend the run better than just about any other team on earth, and they were stacking the box that day as well. Our only hope was to pass. Against any other team we would've run much much more.
    The OWNER didnt say that. The OWNER is in Italy. You just said EXACTLY what I said in my previous post. I guess it sounded better coming from you. LOL

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler
    Ben is NOT our team leader. STOP THAT. Hines and Polamalu are. They exemplify professionalism to the highest degree and they perform on the field. I think Leftwich will start and should. Dixon is not ready. I think Lefty made Ben fans NERVOUS when he was here. Ben fans don't want to see him start and do well, it could mean bad things for Ben. If that happens, I dont rule out the fact that the Steeler brass trade Ben. After the suspension is lifted, his value will go up and we could make a killing and get rid of the cancer all at once. Ben fans will HATE this idea but STEELER fans will think it's smart.
    You are insane. I am a Steeler fan first but I also like Ben as a QB. But the talk of Lefty taking Ben's job permanently is plain crazy talk.
    Pats fans said the SAME THING about Brady taking Bledsoes job. Rams fans said the same thing about Warner taking Trent Green's job. 9er fans said the same thing about Young taking Montanas job. Keep thinking that.
    Trent Green was a journeyman type QB. Montana was ancient. Brady was a unique situation. Ben is a 2-time winning QB. Without Ben we don't have #5 or #6. Lefty will not replace Ben. I will keep thinking that.

HeHateMe

Montana was so ancient that he went to the Chiefs and knocked US out of the playofs. Not bad for someone who was "ancient" as you say. Montana was a FOUR TIME SB WINNING QB. It happened to a FOUR time winner but I guess it can't happen to a two time winner, LOL. Trent Green was the started and NOBODY thought that Warner would surpass him. In fact they thoght the season was over when he got hurt. Same with Favre when Majik got hurt. Same with Romo. I see you don't watch much football. Or are you just a hopeless Ben lover who thinks that the guy walks on water and can NEVER be replaced. We won SB 5 with Ben playing like crap. We were leading #6 17-7 with Ben doing nothing again. Again, Ben has ONE TD and THREE ints in BOTH SB's HOW you believe that he is the PRIMARY reason we have won is a mystery to me. But keep thinking that. I will be here to "check" you at the door. Ben is good, not great. Bradshaw was great. Ben is NO Bradshaw. But you can keep thinking that though.

HeHateMe

Here is where he chronicles how "Ben got us to SB 40 with good games vs the Bengals, Colts and Broncos" Can guys think of any NEW material? Apparently not. SIGH

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Yeah, you are right. I don't know anything about football. Thank God that there are people like you around to enlighten and teach the rest of us morons.

HeHateMe

Never called anyone a moron. I don't get into namecalling etc But don't act like Ben can't be replaced, that is crazy.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

BTW, I really think you are talking out of your azz. But I'll allow you to "show me the door" when Lefty takes Ben's job permanently and Ben is traded.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Never called anyone a moron. I don't get into namecalling etc But don't act like Ben can't be replaced, that is crazy.
    You are correct. Anyone CAN be replaced. But Ben is not going to be replaced by any QB that is on our current roster. The only way that Ben is no longer the starting QB on this team is if it by his own hand, by off the field transgressions.