Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Who do you want to see at QB in week 1? Dixon or Leftwich?

Legend

Re: Who do you want to see at QB in week 1? Dixon or Leftwich?

WHoever gives us the best chance at winning.

HeHateMe

Quote Originally Posted by HeHateMe
    Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledSteeler
    Think about it...

With Big Ben out, we will probably be running the ball about 60-70% of the snaps. Other teams will know that and will be stacking the box, even run blitzing up the middle. Who will be the best QB to expose that?

The answer is Leftwich. Not only can he play-action pass (with a strength and accuracy), he also has experience reading blitzes. Dixon can scramble away from some of those blitzes but i wonder about his ability to diagnose and call audibles/check downs at the line of scrimmage. He did play well against a very good defense in Baltimore, but it was his inexperience that lost us that game, not his athleticism. The conservative choice in the veteran is the correct decision. If Leftwich performs poorly then you bring in the rookie.
    Rookie? Dixon is going into his 3rd season. The Steelers WON'T be running it 60 or 70% of the time. They threw the ball almost 30 times in Dixion 1st start of his career. Arians is a pass 1st coordinator and he will revert to what he likes, regardless of what the Rooney's want. Playcalling is dictated by what the defense is doing. This should always be considered.
    No thats NOT what happened in Jacksonville. It had to do with him PLAYING through an injury (ankle) and Del Rio was pissed that he wasnt 100% Healthy like he said he was. He was in the doghouse for lying to Jack. Jack benched him and the WHOLE TEAM was not happy. So he is no locker room cancer. In fact, he was a LOCKER ROOM favorite for us in 08

HeHateMe

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    I'd like to see Dixon start- that will mean that he has shown something in camp over Lefty. Lefty is fine and all, but he's a known quantity. Known not to be good enough to even start for Tampa.

With a strong Defense and running game, either should be a sufficient place-holder until Ben gets back (fingers crossed).
    He's performed VERY well in our system. That has to count for something.
    Yeah, two years ago. Again, he might be a decent place-holder, but Dixon starting would mean we got something better. Either way, their just marking time until the return of the king!
    So you hope. I think they trade Ben at the time of his suspension being up. His value will be high and we can get great value for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    I'd like to see Dixon start- that will mean that he has shown something in camp over Lefty. Lefty is fine and all, but he's a known quantity. Known not to be good enough to even start for Tampa.

With a strong Defense and running game, either should be a sufficient place-holder until Ben gets back (fingers crossed).
    He's performed VERY well in our system. That has to count for something.
    Yeah, two years ago. Again, he might be a decent place-holder, but Dixon starting would mean we got something better. Either way, their just marking time until the return of the king!
    So you hope. I think they trade Ben at the time of his suspension being up. His value will be high and we can get great value for him.
    Uh, OK, I don't know why you'd think that. You're right, I do hope that the FO isn't that stupid.

As some have said, I hope that Dixon shows that he can take the starting job while Ben is suspended. I'd like to see what Dixon has before his contract is up. This way, if he comes in and plays well we might be able to trade him for some return and keep Lefty as the backup.

Pro Bowler

The heart says Dixon. But the brain says Leftwich. There are elements of wanting both. Ultimately I want the Ws and I believe Lefty is the better chance. So, I guess I really want Lefty. :P

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    WHoever gives us the best chance at winning.
    I agree. Have an open competition.....whoever performs better in camp and the preseason games gets the starting job. I'm keeping an open mind on this until Week 1.

Pro Bowler

Ben is NOT our team leader. STOP THAT. Hines and Polamalu are. They exemplify professionalism to the highest degree and they perform on the field. I think Leftwich will start and should. Dixon is not ready. I think Lefty made Ben fans NERVOUS when he was here. Ben fans don't want to see him start and do well, it could mean bad things for Ben. If that happens, I dont rule out the fact that the Steeler brass trade Ben. After the suspension is lifted, his value will go up and we could make a killing and get rid of the cancer all at once. Ben fans will HATE this idea but STEELER fans will think it's smart.
    You are insane. I am a Steeler fan first but I also like Ben as a QB. But the talk of Lefty taking Ben's job permanently is plain crazy talk.

Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler
    Ben is NOT our team leader. STOP THAT. Hines and Polamalu are. They exemplify professionalism to the highest degree and they perform on the field. I think Leftwich will start and should. Dixon is not ready. I think Lefty made Ben fans NERVOUS when he was here. Ben fans don't want to see him start and do well, it could mean bad things for Ben. If that happens, I dont rule out the fact that the Steeler brass trade Ben. After the suspension is lifted, his value will go up and we could make a killing and get rid of the cancer all at once. Ben fans will HATE this idea but STEELER fans will think it's smart.
    You are insane. I am a Steeler fan first but I also like Ben as a QB. But the talk of Lefty taking Ben's job permanently is plain crazy talk.
    It seems like some people just long for the glory days of Bubby Brister.

Just put Steigerwald on ignore. Eventually he'll get tired of insanely ranting to only himself and he'll go away.