Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 148

Thread: Who do you want to see at QB in week 1? Dixon or Leftwich?

  1. #1
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    South West Indiana
    Posts
    2,091

    Who do you want to see at QB in week 1? Dixon or Leftwich?

    I'd like to see Dixon.

    Although he didn't win in his only start on the road in primetime at Baltimore, he certainly didn't lose the game for us. I'd like to see more of what he has as Big Ben sits.



  2. #2
    Pro Bowler Lebsteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    1,007

    Re: Who do you want to see at QB in week 1? Dixon or Leftwich?

    I'd like to see Dixon, but I can give you a better answer after I see both of them in training camp...

  3. #3
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    South West Indiana
    Posts
    2,091

    Re: Who do you want to see at QB in week 1? Dixon or Leftwich?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lebsteel
    I'd like to see Dixon, but I can give you a better answer after I see both of them in training camp...

    I agree. If Dixon is awful in training camp and Leftwich is at least adequate, then my answer changes.

    Speaking of traing camp, I wonder how the work among our QB's (especially with Ben) will be distributed?

  4. #4
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,008

    Re: Who do you want to see at QB in week 1? Dixon or Leftwich?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lebsteel
    I'd like to see Dixon, but I can give you a better answer after I see both of them in training camp...
    Leb you are going to camp I take it? I am planing on going for the first time. Could you PM me some tips?

    I would alo like to see Dixon at this point. I was always a Kordell fan for what he could do with his legs. And Dixon has the same skill set I think. I hope he is a better QB then Kordell.

  5. #5
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    15,817

    Re: Who do you want to see at QB in week 1? Dixon or Leftwich?

    the answer to this question all depends on which type of poster you are -


    Steeler Fairy - i don't care, i just want the Steelers to lose without Ben. and yes, it will be Tomlin's fault.

    Steeler Troll - doesn't really matter who the QB is, Steelers will lose all their games.

    Steeler Nazi - all you other posters are wrong and your opinions are stupid. none of you guys have ever obviously played any organized sport at a high level, what gives you the right to question the Rooneys?

    Steeler Cultist - whichever QB Tomlin and Arians chooses will be the right one and will lead the Black and Gold to another Super Bowl victory this season!

    Steeler Jerry - you should of heard what Leftwich was saying when he was in Tampa Bay about Ben and about Dixon and Korkie being the best of "off the field" friends...

    Steeler Lemming - have no backbone of their own so whoever Art Rooney thinks is the best QB obviously is.

    Hawaiiansteel - i'll let you guys know after Week 4...

  6. #6

    Re: Who do you want to see at QB in week 1? Dixon or Leftwich?

    Who are you going to turn 4 games over to...possibly the season? I initially wanted Dixon...I think he has played well. But, he is very inexperienced. Leftwich has been there and done that. He played lights out for the Steelers...something like a 140 passer rating while here. It's his job to lose.

  7. #7

    Re: Who do you want to see at QB in week 1? Dixon or Leftwich?

    batch.
    Woman: "Sir, what have you given us?"
    Benjamin Franklin: "A Republic, madam, if you can keep it."

    [youtube:razli5ow]KFXuGIpsdE0[/youtube:razli5ow]

  8. #8
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,226

    Re: Who do you want to see at QB in week 1? Dixon or Leftwich?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Who are you going to turn 4 games over to...possibly the season? I initially wanted Dixon...I think he has played well. But, he is very inexperienced. Leftwich has been there and done that. He played lights out for the Steelers...something like a 140 passer rating while here. It's his job to lose.
    I would like to see what Dixon can do. They might be able to get a 3rd or 4th round pick for him if he plays well enough.

    I think we all want the player that gives the Steelers the best chance to win. At least they have some options at this point. I agree that it will be BL's job to lose.

  9. #9
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    15,817

    Re: Who do you want to see at QB in week 1? Dixon or Leftwich?

    Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Who are you going to turn 4 games over to...possibly the season? I initially wanted Dixon...I think he has played well. But, he is very inexperienced. Leftwich has been there and done that. He played lights out for the Steelers...something like a 140 passer rating while here. It's his job to lose.
    I would like to see what Dixon can do. They might be able to get a 3rd or 4th round pick for him if he plays well enough.

    I think we all want the player that gives the Steelers the best chance to win. At least they have some options at this point. I agree that it will be BL's job to lose.



    or maybe we can start stockpiling 5th rounders for next year's draft...

  10. #10

    Re: Who do you want to see at QB in week 1? Dixon or Leftwich?

    Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Who are you going to turn 4 games over to...possibly the season? I initially wanted Dixon...I think he has played well. But, he is very inexperienced. Leftwich has been there and done that. He played lights out for the Steelers...something like a 140 passer rating while here. It's his job to lose.
    I would like to see what Dixon can do. They might be able to get a 3rd or 4th round pick for him if he plays well enough.

    I think we all want the player that gives the Steelers the best chance to win. At least they have some options at this point. I agree that it will be BL's job to lose.
    I think we would all like to see what Dixon can do. With that said, Tomlin is going to approach this from a very conservative stand point. Your team leader and franchise QB is out. Do you replace him with a young inexperienced QB with a fairly high ceiling to develop him? Or, do you replace him with an experienced QB with a large arm and big game experience? I know who Tomlin will choose unless Leftwich just proves he no longer has it.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •