Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My favorite special teams play of all time....

Backup

User Info Menu

My favorite special teams play of all time....

It was 2008. Steelers v. Ravens for AFC Championship. Opening kickoff, Steelers to the Ravens. Two Ravens got carried off the field on the opening kickoff to set the tone for what may have been the hardest hitting game I ever watched. Nothing better than two Ravens KO'd on the opening kickoff. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: My favorite special teams play of all time....

Quote Originally Posted by Stewie
    It was 2008. Steelers v. Ravens for AFC Championship. Opening kickoff, Steelers to the Ravens. Two Ravens got acrried off the field on the opening kickoff to set the tone for what may have been the hardest hitting agme I ever watched. Nothing better than two Ravens KO'd on the opening kickoff. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.

don't you just love seeing Ravens KO'd on the ground?

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    It was 2008. Steelers v. Ravens for AFC Championship. Opening kickoff, Steelers to the Ravens. Two Ravens got acrried off the field on the opening kickoff to set the tone for what may have been the hardest hitting agme I ever watched. Nothing better than two Ravens KO'd on the opening kickoff. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.

Nice photo !

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Did Sweed do that???

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lebsteel

Did Sweed do that???
    Yeah, that was after his infamous drop.

When I read the title, I tried to think of my all-time ST play and I had to throw out Vanderjagdt's shank in the '05 divisional playoff game.

Starter

User Info Menu

Super Bowl XXX- onside kick

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel

Did Sweed do that???

When I read the title, I tried to think of my all-time ST play and I had to throw out Vanderjagdt's shank in the '05 divisional playoff game.
    Yeah, that was the hit that, according to many, made up for the drop.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by anger 82&95
    Super Bowl XXX- onside kick
    agreed

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelAbility

Did Sweed do that???

You can't really "make up" for a drop or a missed INT...it's a missed opportunity gone by...the only thing you can do is make the most of your next opportunity...if that involves laying a guy out on Special Teams, then so be it...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelAbility

Did Sweed do that???

It certainly didn't make up for the drop, but it did show that Sweed didn't give up on himself or allowed his failure to catch a pass cause him make more mistakes. He went out and made a good play. I applaud him for that and scorn him for the drop. I like his attitude.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount