Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My favorite special teams play of all time....

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: My favorite special teams play of all time....

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebsteel
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewie
    It was 2008. Steelers v. Ravens for AFC Championship. Opening kickoff, Steelers to the Ravens. Two Ravens got acrried off the field on the opening kickoff to set the tone for what may have been the hardest hitting agme I ever watched. Nothing better than two Ravens KO'd on the opening kickoff. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.

When I read the title, I tried to think of my all-time ST play and I had to throw out Vanderjagdt's shank in the '05 divisional playoff game.

yeah, the drunk idiot kicker missing that FG was a great moment as well...

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Backup

User Info Menu

That Colts play had great signifigance, but it was not (IMHO) a great play. It was a failure by their kicker, not a great play by a Steeler, despite the profound impact on Steeler fortunes. Besides no Ravens got knocked ** out on that play.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

2 plays come to mind for me.

1.) 1995 AFFCG vs. Indy. Freddie McAfee storms down the field after Bam scored the go ahead TD w/ like 40 seconds left. He destroyed the kick returner for the Colts. The stadium went crazy!

2.) 1997 @ Balt. Will Blackwell returns a KO to spark a 21 point comeback. This was the infamous Cowher-Kordell smooch game.

...more to come
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Tyrone Stowe destroying Robert Delpino (sp?) for the Rams on a MNF game sometime in the early 90s.

I have no idea why, but that hit has stuck with me forever...

Backup

User Info Menu

Reggie Harrison, back-up RB, blocking a punt vs. the Cowboys in Super Bowl X
    It's not what you do, it's how you do it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stewie
    That Colts play had great signifigance, but it was not (IMHO) a great play. It was a failure by their kicker, not a great play by a Steeler, despite the profound impact on Steeler fortunes. Besides no Ravens got knocked ** out on that play.
    The great play occured several plays earlier with Ben catching Harper's shoestring.

Oops. Not a special teams play. But definitely a special play.

Legend

User Info Menu

Not my all-time favorite or anything, but Patrick Bailey had a heck of a slobberknocker on the free kick from the 20 yard line following the safety late in Super Bowl XLIII.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Recent: Stonio's punt return TD against the Chargers in the playoffs. (I was there with Charger fans).

Old School: Roy Gerela missed FG in Super Bowl. Pat on the head by Dallas player. Lambert Slams Dallas Player.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm waiting for a repeat of this on the NFL level before I name my favorite special teams play.

[youtube:2rc0f3o2]_FhCgLeuO0I[/youtube:2rc0f3o2]
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.