Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My favorite special teams play of all time....

My favorite special teams play of all time....

It was 2008. Steelers v. Ravens for AFC Championship. Opening kickoff, Steelers to the Ravens. Two Ravens got carried off the field on the opening kickoff to set the tone for what may have been the hardest hitting game I ever watched. Nothing better than two Ravens KO'd on the opening kickoff. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.

Re: My favorite special teams play of all time....

Quote Originally Posted by Stewie
    It was 2008. Steelers v. Ravens for AFC Championship. Opening kickoff, Steelers to the Ravens. Two Ravens got acrried off the field on the opening kickoff to set the tone for what may have been the hardest hitting agme I ever watched. Nothing better than two Ravens KO'd on the opening kickoff. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.

don't you just love seeing Ravens KO'd on the ground?

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    It was 2008. Steelers v. Ravens for AFC Championship. Opening kickoff, Steelers to the Ravens. Two Ravens got acrried off the field on the opening kickoff to set the tone for what may have been the hardest hitting agme I ever watched. Nothing better than two Ravens KO'd on the opening kickoff. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.

Nice photo !
    PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE TROLL

Did Sweed do that???

Quote Originally Posted by Lebsteel

Did Sweed do that???
    Yeah, that was after his infamous drop.

When I read the title, I tried to think of my all-time ST play and I had to throw out Vanderjagdt's shank in the '05 divisional playoff game.

"I hate him. Everybody says I'm supposed to be polite when I talk to you all, but I hate him..." "He talks too much, he doesn't make sense, he's fat, he's sloppy, he acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's ugly, he stinks, his mouth stinks, his breath stinks, and basically his soul stinks, too.

"Not too many people have personalities like that and survive in life. I don't know how he does it."

-Kris Jenkins on Warren Sapp

Super Bowl XXX- onside kick

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel

Did Sweed do that???

When I read the title, I tried to think of my all-time ST play and I had to throw out Vanderjagdt's shank in the '05 divisional playoff game.
    Yeah, that was the hit that, according to many, made up for the drop.

Quote Originally Posted by anger 82&95
    Super Bowl XXX- onside kick
    agreed

Quote Originally Posted by SteelAbility

Did Sweed do that???

You can't really "make up" for a drop or a missed INT...it's a missed opportunity gone by...the only thing you can do is make the most of your next opportunity...if that involves laying a guy out on Special Teams, then so be it...
    I want gay married couples to be able to protect their marijuana plants with guns.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelAbility

Did Sweed do that???

It certainly didn't make up for the drop, but it did show that Sweed didn't give up on himself or allowed his failure to catch a pass cause him make more mistakes. He went out and made a good play. I applaud him for that and scorn him for the drop. I like his attitude.

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll