Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Sweed injures Achilles

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Sweed injures Achilles

Quote Originally Posted by ANPSTEEL
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Biggest loser here is Mike Wallace. He needed Sweed to step up this season to take some of the coverage pressure off of him. Now he is going to be blanketed with double teams and all we have left is a bunch of aging slot receivers and unproven rookies.

The passing offense will take a major step backwards this season unless our QBs and Offensive Coord really embrace throwing the ball to RBs and TEs.
    I said the same thing in another thread.

I am hopeful, that like Holmes- who really is not a true "outside" receiver-

they can use Sanders in slants and deep crossing patterns to draw a safety off of Wallace.
    The dilemma is that the two rookies we drafted are probably the only WRs other than Wallace who have the ability to stretch the field. Let's hope one can replcate the rookie season that Wallace had but that will be a very unlikely possibility.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I like both of the rookie WR's. I read that at least one or both are good at coming back for the ball like Hines. Tone was good at this also. Which you have to do with Ben back there running around.

Starter

User Info Menu

Biggest loser here is Mike Wallace. He needed Sweed to step up this season to take some of the coverage pressure off of him. Now he is going to be blanketed with double teams and all we have left is a bunch of aging slot receivers and unproven rookies.

The passing offense will take a major step backwards this season unless our QBs and Offensive Coord really embrace throwing the ball to RBs and TEs.
    I said the same thing in another thread.

I am hopeful, that like Holmes- who really is not a true "outside" receiver-

they can use Sanders in slants and deep crossing patterns to draw a safety off of Wallace.
    The dilemma is that the two rookies we drafted are probably the only WRs other than Wallace who have the ability to stretch the field. Let's hope one can replcate the rookie season that Wallace had but that will be a very unlikely possibility.
    yeah, fingers crossed

- for Sweed's injury not being serious & Sweed living up to expectations
    - the rookies coming in and making an impact
    - they can find someone on the street to be an outside presence, should Sweed be out. (bummer the redskins signed galloway)

Legend

User Info Menu

the latest on Sweed is that they operated on him today...no prognosis announced yet.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq
    I feel bad for Sweed, and wish him the best in his recovery.
    ditto.
    Woman: "Sir, what have you given us?"
    Benjamin Franklin: "A Republic, madam, if you can keep it."

[youtube:razli5ow]KFXuGIpsdE0[/youtube:razli5ow]

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    the latest on Sweed is that they operated on him today...no prognosis announced yet.
    rhut roh

surgery = not good.

Legend

User Info Menu

rhut roh

surgery = not good.

no, not good at all. Sweed most likely ends up on IR.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Backup

User Info Menu

[url="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/03/limas-sweed-has-surgery-for-torn-achilles-tendon/"]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... es-tendon/[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

So we almost traded Sweed for Lefty straight up? That wouldn't have been horrible.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Legend

User Info Menu

rhut roh

surgery = not good.

no, not good at all. Sweed most likely ends up on IR.
    Probably. But for now, they can place him on the Physically Unable to Perform list. He'll miss all the OTA's, minicamps, training camp, and pre-season. Around the time Ben is due back, they could make a decision about whether or not Sweed has healed enough to possibly contribute this season, or if they should move him from the PUP list to I.R. in October, officially ending his season.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.