Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sweed injures Achilles

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Sweed injures Achilles

Condolences to Limas, hope it is not serious still. Really want to see him make it, for the Steelers and for himself.

Legend

User Info Menu

Unfortunate that it happened. I hoped that he would become a good player for us.

At least the Steelers can look at some other options at WR before the season starts. They might bring Galloway back.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL
    Unfortunate that it happened. I hoped that he would become a good player for us.

At least the Steelers can look at some other options at WR before the season starts. They might bring Galloway back.
    Galloway has already signed with somebody. I can't remember who at the moment.
    Tuff break for Limas. I was really rooting for him to turn it around. Bummer!
    http://www.planetsteelers.com/cpg141...erpics/sth.jpg

"Success Is Determined By Attitude."
    AS Rocks

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Galloway signed w the Deadskins.

Why would anyone wish Sweed to be out for the season. I'm willing to see him at least make an effort. I'd rather see his career end b/c he was a flat out bust than b/c of an injury.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

drafting two WRs this year is starting to look like a smart move...

Steelers wide receiver may have serious tendon injury

Sunday, May 02, 2010
    By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The bad luck continued today for Steelers wide receiver Limas Sweed, who left the final minicamp practice with what appears to be a serious Achilles tendon injury, coach Mike Tomlin revealed.

Sweed, the team's second-round draft pick in 2008, was mounting a comeback from some emotional issues that caused the Steelers to place him on injured reserve for the final two games of last season.

If the tendon is ruptured, it likely would mean that Sweed could not play in 2010.

Read more: [url="http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10122/1055067-100.stm#ixzz0mnhYlEoA"]http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10122/10 ... z0mnhYlEoA[/url]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The news lately about him getting past whatever his issue(s) were gave me hope that this year he could finally put it all together. I feel bad that we wont have that opportunity anymore.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Here's Limas the Malingerer in his finest moment.

Obviously the standard is the standard.

Starter

User Info Menu

The Steelers can still put him on IR and keep him on the team, while allowing for a guy like Antonio Brown to come out of nowhere and make it.
    "That's just Ben being Superman" -John Madden, Super Bowl XLIII

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Yinzerdude
    Here's Limas the Malingerer in his finest moment.

looks like Limas has dropped his comeback bid...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe
    Galloway signed w the Deadskins.

Why would anyone wish Sweed to be out for the season. I'm willing to see him at least make an effort. I'd rather see his career end b/c he was a flat out bust than b/c of an injury.
    I wasn't wishing him out... but an Achilles is probably the worst injury a WR could have...

I will admit, I had zero faith in him turning it around as a Steeler due to those horrible drops. I wish him the best and think a new team may be his only hope.

The kid made a nice amount of money though...
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"