Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 50 of 50

Thread: Sweed injures Achilles

  1. #41
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,822

    Re: Sweed injures Achilles

    Quote Originally Posted by ANPSTEEL
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Biggest loser here is Mike Wallace. He needed Sweed to step up this season to take some of the coverage pressure off of him. Now he is going to be blanketed with double teams and all we have left is a bunch of aging slot receivers and unproven rookies.

    The passing offense will take a major step backwards this season unless our QBs and Offensive Coord really embrace throwing the ball to RBs and TEs.
    I said the same thing in another thread.

    I am hopeful, that like Holmes- who really is not a true "outside" receiver-

    they can use Sanders in slants and deep crossing patterns to draw a safety off of Wallace.
    The dilemma is that the two rookies we drafted are probably the only WRs other than Wallace who have the ability to stretch the field. Let's hope one can replcate the rookie season that Wallace had but that will be a very unlikely possibility.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

    2014 Draft

    1. Eric Ebron, TE
    2. Calvin Pryor, S
    3 (Comp). Jaylen Watkins, CB
    4. Justin Ellis, DT/NT
    5a. Brandon Coleman, WR
    5b. Brent Urban, DE
    6. Prince Shembo, OLB
    7a. Aaron Colvin, CB
    7b. Storm Johnson, RB

  2. #42

    Re: Sweed injures Achilles

    I like both of the rookie WR's. I read that at least one or both are good at coming back for the ball like Hines. Tone was good at this also. Which you have to do with Ben back there running around.

  3. #43
    Starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Annapolis, MD
    Posts
    888

    Re: Sweed injures Achilles

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by ANPSTEEL
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Biggest loser here is Mike Wallace. He needed Sweed to step up this season to take some of the coverage pressure off of him. Now he is going to be blanketed with double teams and all we have left is a bunch of aging slot receivers and unproven rookies.

    The passing offense will take a major step backwards this season unless our QBs and Offensive Coord really embrace throwing the ball to RBs and TEs.
    I said the same thing in another thread.

    I am hopeful, that like Holmes- who really is not a true "outside" receiver-

    they can use Sanders in slants and deep crossing patterns to draw a safety off of Wallace.
    The dilemma is that the two rookies we drafted are probably the only WRs other than Wallace who have the ability to stretch the field. Let's hope one can replcate the rookie season that Wallace had but that will be a very unlikely possibility.
    yeah, fingers crossed

    - for Sweed's injury not being serious & Sweed living up to expectations
    - the rookies coming in and making an impact
    - they can find someone on the street to be an outside presence, should Sweed be out. (bummer the redskins signed galloway)

  4. #44
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    14,092

    Re: Sweed injures Achilles

    the latest on Sweed is that they operated on him today...no prognosis announced yet.

  5. #45

    Re: Sweed injures Achilles

    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq
    I feel bad for Sweed, and wish him the best in his recovery.
    ditto.
    Woman: "Sir, what have you given us?"
    Benjamin Franklin: "A Republic, madam, if you can keep it."

    [youtube:razli5ow]KFXuGIpsdE0[/youtube:razli5ow]

  6. #46
    Starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Annapolis, MD
    Posts
    888

    Re: Sweed injures Achilles

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    the latest on Sweed is that they operated on him today...no prognosis announced yet.
    rhut roh

    surgery = not good.

  7. #47
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    14,092

    Re: Sweed injures Achilles

    Quote Originally Posted by ANPSTEEL
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    the latest on Sweed is that they operated on him today...no prognosis announced yet.
    rhut roh

    surgery = not good.

    no, not good at all. Sweed most likely ends up on IR.

  8. #48

  9. #49
    Pro Bowler calmkiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    1,300

    Re: Sweed injures Achilles

    So we almost traded Sweed for Lefty straight up? That wouldn't have been horrible.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!


    Draft 1.0

    1. Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson
    2. Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
    3comp. Charles Sims, RB, WVU
    4. Dion Bailey, FS, USC
    5a. Will Clarke, DE, WVU
    5b. Walt Aikens, CB, Liberty
    6. Jeff Janis, WR, Saginaw Valley
    7a. Devon Keynard, OLB, USC
    7b. Eathyn Manumaleuna, DT, BYU

  10. #50
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    20,353

    Re: Sweed injures Achilles

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    Quote Originally Posted by ANPSTEEL
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    the latest on Sweed is that they operated on him today...no prognosis announced yet.
    rhut roh

    surgery = not good.

    no, not good at all. Sweed most likely ends up on IR.
    Probably. But for now, they can place him on the Physically Unable to Perform list. He'll miss all the OTA's, minicamps, training camp, and pre-season. Around the time Ben is due back, they could make a decision about whether or not Sweed has healed enough to possibly contribute this season, or if they should move him from the PUP list to I.R. in October, officially ending his season.


    1.15 WR Mike Evans, Texas A&M
    2.46 TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington
    3.97c ILB Shayne Skov, Stanford
    4.118 CB Philip Gaines, Rice
    5.157 OT James Hurst, North Carolina
    5.173c RB Jerrick McKinnon, Georgia Southern
    6.192 CB Walt Aikens, Liberty
    6.215c DE Deandre Coleman, California
    7.230 NT Zack Kerr, Delaware

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •