Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Sweed injures Achilles

Backup

User Info Menu

Re: Sweed injures Achilles

So much for Limas' "new start" with the switch to #80.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Yinzerdude
    Here's Limas the Malingerer in his finest moment.

I can see how that phony injury he tried to pull off in the AFC Championship Game could lead one to be a bit skeptical about the legitimacy of future injuries.

Legend

User Info Menu

Biggest loser here is Mike Wallace. He needed Sweed to step up this season to take some of the coverage pressure off of him. Now he is going to be blanketed with double teams and all we have left is a bunch of aging slot receivers and unproven rookies.

The passing offense will take a major step backwards this season unless our QBs and Offensive Coord really embrace throwing the ball to RBs and TEs.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Biggest loser here is Mike Wallace. He needed Sweed to step up this season to take some of the coverage pressure off of him. Now he is going to be blanketed with double teams and all we have left is a bunch of aging slot receivers and unproven rookies.

The passing offense will take a major step backwards this season unless our QBs and Offensive Coord really embrace throwing the ball to RBs and TEs.

I hadn't thought of this but it is a good point Ovie.
    go to [URL]http://www.thebreastcancersite.com[/URL] to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Legend

User Info Menu

I feel bad for Sweed, and wish him the best in his recovery.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Heath needs to have a Dallas Clark type season this yr for the offense to be at the same level it was in 09.
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Or we pound the ball!
    go to [URL]http://www.thebreastcancersite.com[/URL] to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Looks like our 6 WR's (if we keep 6) will be: Ward, Wallace, Randle El, Battle, Sanders, and Brown. Sweed likely on I.R. (if the injury is serious) and will try again in 2011.
    Absolutely. If it is serious, then you put him on IR and he's back in the same spot next year...you and Jim are the only other ones who seem to see it that way (at least in this thread). Those of you who say he's finished as a Steeler or it just wasn't meant to be are being overly pessimistic in my opinion.

doesn't Sweed's rookie contract expire at the end of this season?
    I was wondering the same thing and thought it expired after the following season. Either way, we won't have to break the bank if the team does decide to sign him to another contract. I hate looking at it like that because from all accounts, he's a humble, hard-working guy, but it's something to consider.

I just really hope that the thing didn't pop and he's able to compete in camp this year.
    He's signed through next season as well.

7/25/2008: Signed a four-year, $3.265 million contract. The deal included a $1.56 million signing bonus. 2009: $385,000, 2010: $470,000, 2011: $555,000, 2012: Free Agent
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Starter

User Info Menu

Has there been any status update yet?

Starter

User Info Menu

I said the same thing in another thread.

I am hopeful, that like Holmes- who really is not a true "outside" receiver-

they can use Sanders in slants and deep crossing patterns to draw a safety off of Wallace.